Resolve QuickBooks Error 1303- “Installer Has Insufficient Privileges To Access This Directory. C:\…\Intuit”
QuickBooks Error 1303 defining Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. C:\…\Intuit. Error 1303 experience when users attempt to install QuickBooks Desktop. This error occurs when the installer has insufficient privileges to access the path to the directory. Later on, you will know the steps that help you in fixing this error issue entirely. Have a look at it:
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
In the below screenshot, you can see how QuickBooks Error 1303 pops on your screen:
When QuickBooks error 1303 enters your system, you will start facing these changes in your system:
- Windows goes frozen and take 15-20 seconds to get back
- Windows crashing while installing any QB software
- Error Code 1303 prompts appear on your screen
- Windows responds sluggishly to input commands(mouse and keyboard)
In this article, we will briefly define QuickBooks error 1303 such as its causes, and solutions also. So, just come with us and solve your issues easily. Let’s take a closer look…
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1303
QuickBooks error 1303 usually appears on the screen when the user is attempting to install QuickBooks software. There are some reasons behind this error will know from here.
- If your system has less space to store installer files in the driver
- When a technical error interrupts the QuickBooks Installer
- Windows File sharing settings are not configured properly
- When the system group can’t access the directory due to lacking complete control rights.
Quick Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1303
There are two possible methods to a solution for changing authority settings and everyone group from the system. Take a look at it:
- Creation of utility for resetting system groups and all group permission settings to their default settings of Windows
- Modifications in permissions to Full Control for the system and everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users. It needs to be done manually.
Point to Remember: There is a fewer difference in structure and permissions, the utility is unable to work on Windows Vista. To adjust the issues, you need to fix the issues manually.
From here you will know the solutions that fix QuickBooks Error 1303 quickly. Follow the solutions until you get your solution in their given sequence.
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool hub resulted in fixing common errors. When using the tool hub, QuickBooks needs to be quit at the same moment. You can also fix QuickBooks Desktop install error to run and use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
Note: Repairing speed is correlated with your internet speed and your computer performance
Solution 2: Resolve the Issue Manually
Go for solution 2 if you are unable to resolve your issue with the QuickBooks tool hub. Now you would like to troubleshoot your issues by following manual steps. These steps are:
Step 1: Edit the permissions for the relevant folders
Modifications in permissions to Full Control for the system and everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users. It needs to be done manually.
- To begin, press Windows + R key from the keyboard to open the Run Window
- Reach to the Open Field and manually enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and then click on the OK option. A window will appear on your screen that shows the folder contents
- Now, go inside the folder window and click Organize and select Properties
Note: If you are a Windows 10 user then choose Properties on the top ribbon of the folder window.
- Inside the Properties window, click on the Security tab
- Click on Advanced Button >> Edit Button
- Visit the list of permission entries by scrolling down and click twice the SYSTEM user
- In the Allow column, click on the checkbox for the Full Control row then click OK
- Follow the steps again “a to h” with the Everyone group (only of it presents or exists
- Now you have to check the checkbox labeled Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object
- In both the Advanced Security Settings window just choose OK and in the COMMON FILES Properties window once more
- In the end, Install QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Turn Off Simple File Sharing
- To start, press Windows + R key from the keyboard to open the Run Window
- You have to perform copy and paste operation on RunDll32.exe shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0 and then hit Enter
- Scroll down to the Advanced Settings list, under the View tab
- Now check whether you have clear the Use simple file sharing (recommended) checkbox. If not then do it now
- Click on the OK option to continue the QuickBooks Desktop Installation process
Solution 3: Run the Utility
QuickBooks gives a utility that is designed to reset the permissions settings of system groups and all groups and with some very simple steps, Windows goes back to the default settings, which are listed below:
- First of all, you need to successfully save the Permissions Fix.bat file on your QB desktop of the infected system
- Then, click twice on the file icon, and a DOS window will show
- Now, simply type y when indicated and ensure that the caps lock of your keyboard is turned OFF
- After that, execute the file and then exit the DOS window
- Lastly, try installing QuickBooks software one more time
Suggested Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 404
The Ending Words
We hope, now you’re successfully installed QuickBooks Desktop on your PC. If the error issue still not get resolved or having queries then contact us on our toll-free number provided to you.