Fix QuickBooks Error 404 – Webpage Couldn’t Be Found On The Server Problem
QuickBooks Error 404 may experience when QuickBooks is unable to process any update or not synchronizes with the Intuit server. This error occurs suddenly at the same time when working on QuickBooks software. Error 404 comes inside the QuickBooks runtime errors. Error 404 has the data that can be decrypted by the manufacturer of the possible components or an infected or damaged application. This can occur due to a variety of reasons and locations. One of them is due to corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company files.
QB Error 404 message is encountered while downloading or installing QuickBooks or Windows shut down and startups. This error also prompts while installing Windows OS. While you are ready to conquer this error you need to note down how this error occurs and how to get resolved to encounter the issue. This error occurs due to several reasons, so you need to figure out all the reasons behind this error to stop it from occurring again.
The interruption and failure of the Internal Service Applications lead to Intuit error 404. Never be confused as the QB error code 404 is also shown by the different titles many times. It is based on the analysis or how that precisely reads within the Error Windows 404 in QuickBooks when it appears. The synonymous of the QB error 404 are listed below for your reference:
- Service messages error# 404
- Intuit Error 404
- QB error 404 pages not found
- QB update error 404
- 404 error in QuickBooks
This article will give you deep information about this error by defining its causes, signs, and many different solutions to fix the error immediately.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks has stopped working
Operating System Information
QuickBooks 404 error messages can appear in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems: Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows ME, and Windows 2000.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 404
According to Intuit’s declaration, the cause of QuickBooks page not found error 404 consists of local mistakes, separate reasons, or the pattern of them. QB Error message 404 appearance keeps back the needed QB operations. Internal service requests in QB should go correctly so that Intuit error 404 can be avoided for the reasons given below.
- The webpage you are trying to open could not be found on the server
- The same webpage URL is banned or suspended
- Crashed command operation causes “QB error 404”.
- Due to dormant or unclear components
- Your computer frequently breaks down due to this error while running the same program
Signs of QuickBooks Error 404
There is a list of symptoms of QB error 404:-
- The web page you are trying to open couldn’t be found on the server
- The web page has been shifted or suspended but the URL has not been replaced
- Error Code impacts the dynamic program window
- If your system windows run slowly and not responding or late responds to a mouse or any other input
- System crashes with error 404 during the execution of a similar program.
- “QB error 404” is shown on the screen
Solutions Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error 404
QuickBooks error 404 defining “the webpage you are trying to reach could not be found on the server”. We advised running some troubleshooting steps to isolate the error issue. Start checking with your internet connection connectivity and accessing QuickBooks in a private browser. If you have issues with your browser then firstly attempt to open the Private Window of the browser.
- Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Safari: press Command + Shift + N
Multiple reasons due to which error has been popped. So we have provided here verifiable solutions to fix every single possible reason that resolves the problem. In the below section, you will get to know simple troubleshooting steps that are easy to apply. Do the steps in the order placed and if you have a moderate level of IT understanding.
Solution 1: Test the Bandwidth Latency
- Open any of your commonly opened websites in internet explorer.
- Then check, if there is any delay opening a URL in the internet settings. Refresh the settings and try again.
- If you still come to an indication, “The page can not be displayed” or “Connect to the Internet”. Then, turn off your wireless router or Internet switch and try opening the URL again.
- If the URL still doesn’t open and shows the same message then, contact your Internet service provider before performing the next step.
- Now, restart the computer system and try one more time.
- Change the setting and set Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Try implementing the steps where the QB update error 404 has appeared to check if the problem was fixed.
Solution 2: Change Your Internet Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and choose Internet Options from the Tools
- Now, tap on Security Tab and choose Trusted Sites and tap Sites
- Add *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com as trusted websites
- Then, tap Close followed OK.
- Now, log off from the company file and Close QuickBooks.
- Reopen QB and open the company file and complete the job where you found QB error 404.
Solution 3: Update and Repair your QuickBooks
- First of all, open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu.
- Then, choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and fully update the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Close QuickBooks when the update process is done.
- Now, open the company file between what QuickBooks 404 error popped up and try to perform again.
- If you still have the error, start QuickBooks repairing as discussed in the following steps:
1. Press the key Windows + R at the same time once from your keyboard.
2. Then, type “Appwiz.cpl” in the box on the bottom left corner of your screen and tap.
3. From the list of Installed Programs choose Your QuickBooks and tap Repair.
4. Now, you have to wait till the repair process ends.
5. Finally, verify if the QB page not found error 404 messages popped up again or it is fixed.
Solution 4: Reconfigure the System Settings Optimum QuickBooks Performance
- To begin, choose QuickBooks and open their company files
- Follow the process whenever you meet QuickBooks error 404
- Quit QuickBooks and logged out from the company file
- Renew the QuickBooks and restart your PC
- Now open Internet Explorer and then choose Tools Menu >> Internet Options
- Pick the Advanced option then browse in the Settings option
- Quit all the programs and then save the information
- Press and hold Windows + R key concurrently and type MSConfig inside the run box then click on the Ok button
- Now pick the General option on the system configuration screen
- Seeking for Startup Selection, then pick Selective Startup
- Click on the OK button then restart your PC
You may like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1625
The Bottom Line
Hope our solutions will help you in conquering the QuickBooks error 404 (Page not Found error) issue immediately. But in case you are unable to fix it with our manual guide. At that moment you can take help from our professionals by dialing our toll-free number.