QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is a tool, which can diagnose all types of connection issues in QuickBooks with a lot of facilities. Read the complete article, and enhance your idea about the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Overview
Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool helps to settle issues considering common network and company file corruption errors for the QuickBooks Desktop. And guides the users to correct countless issues that barricade proper connections amidst the QuickBooks database manager, and company files. This connection tool helps to troubleshoot the most usual networking and multiuser errors that include h-series, & 6000 series errors that appear when preparing to open the company file.
QB connection diagnostic tool is also known as the QuickBooks network diagnostic tool. With the help of this tool, the user can easily recognize the errors that will appear in the company files shared across the server.
It is compulsory to upgrade the tool to the latest version to protect from any security glitches. The tool is available only for the QuickBooks versions for ‘Windows’ and it is not available for the QuickBooks MAC Versions.
- For example, if you want to use QuickBooks 2016 and others, you may be prompted to run the internal version of QuickBooks File Doctor. So, if this is the case, you are petitioned to use the QuickBooks version that is covered in this article. This is because the QuickBooks version discussed here is the latest updated version and has more possibilities of fixing your errors.
- And also, please note that the QuickBooks file doctor tool only works in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. It is not flexible to QuickBooks for Mac.
- QB connection or network diagnostic tool performs only with systems that are executing Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista, or Windows XP with QuickBooks version 2008 and later or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0 and fresher.
What Issues Can Be Fixed by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Access Rejection to QuickBooks Database.
- Inadequately configured Windows firewall.
- The vendor list set empty in your software.
- All client lists are empty.
- Various entries in the ‘Employees lists’ are missing.
- Spoiled or corrupted files existing in the system
- QuickBooks files damaged by a virus or are missing.
- In case you are facing QuickBooks multi-user errors, you might get these QuickBooks H series errors: H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- The files in your computer registry have been destroyed or corrupted.
- You are being disturbed by these unanticipated error message boxes:
- QuickBooks Error -6150: You have a corrupted QuickBooks installation.
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -82: If you don’t have access to a company file.
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -301: The file you are looking for is no longer existing in the petitioned section.
- QuickBooks Error –6147: A common error that inhibits you from restoring a backup.
- QuickBooks Error Code -6130: Your firewall might be blocking your access.
So, these are errors that are easily fixed by QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. That’s why this is a great tool that is provided by Intuit.
How To Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
To install the QuickBooks connection or network diagnostic tools, follow the below-listed steps:
- First of all, make sure that there are no downloaded prior to/earlier versions of the tool in your computer. If there are any such earlier versions are downloaded, firstly ‘uninstall’ these before moving ahead. The presence of an older version can prevent the smooth installation of the ‘new ’ one.
- Now, go to the ‘OEM’ site and download the installation pack.
- Then, obtain files from here
- Click the ‘Set Up’ option to open it.
- Then, follow the instructions simply to install the application
- Once the installation process is complete ‘Open the tool,’ and this should start automatically.
- Now, go to the directory which has the company file you need to diagnose. (the drop-down should have the last ten choices that you opened).
Note: If you are using the QuickBooks software ‘as a single user,’ then do not choose the ‘network connectivity option.’ In multi-user situations, your files are likely to exploitation as they are transferred and shared across multiple servers and are prone to connection errors.
- Now, enter your login credentials (Admin Id or password).
- Then, you need to choose between ‘host computer’ or ‘Workstation computer’ (this selection is based on whether you are a single user or working with multiple users.)
- The QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool will scan and fix the company files or will recognize the connectivity issues.
How to Use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Once the installation process is complete, now focus on the usage of the tool. So, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, double tap on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Now, make sure that not to open the corrupted file at this while.
- Then, go to Utilities>> Repair File & Network issues.
- Tap on “YES” on the pop-up alert that requests for permission to assemble your personal data related to QuickBooks and QuickBooks data. But, if you don’t see any pop-up message it indicates that you have already given the asked permission to the ‘Diagnostic Tool.’
- Now go to the folder where you have the ‘company files’ stored and now look for the unsettled company file and then choose Open.
- Click on ‘Show advanced settings,’ and you will see a list of things in a drop-down.
- Select the problem that best explains your present issue.
- Fill in your ‘QuickBooks Login ID and Password.’ Make sure to put in the ‘Accurate login credentials.’
- Now simply choose the ‘QuickBooks Connection Tool,’ and it should open successfully.
- You have to wait until the diagnose and fix on the file are being complete. This may take a few minutes to finish properly.
- Now re-open the ‘Fully repaired company file.
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is an open-source tool that you can download from the official website of QuickBooks and with the help of this tool you can easily fix the common networking and company file-related issues. This is an absolutely free tool so every user of QuickBooks must have this tool because it makes your accounting very smooth. In the above paragraph, we have already discussed how you can install and set up this tool.
We hope, this article will be very informative for you. Still, if you have any issue regarding this subject then you can clear your all doubts through our QuickBooks Experts. The experts are always available to provide, any kinf of solution to the QuickBooks issues.