Resolve QuickBooks Error 1402 (Installation Error): To Install QB Updates
QuickBooks error 1402 is an frequently occurring error in QuickBooks Desktop when trying to install QuickBooks or open QuickBooks after completing installation. Users will get the same error message when working with QuickBooks accounting software in Windows or Mac Operating systems. If the same error pops you again and again, this means there is high damage in your Windows registry. A corrupted installation of QuickBooks program leads to such kinds of error issues.
Installation error 1402 in QuickBooks occurs while there is some issue during the installation process. An incomplete or inappropriate installation process starts to missing key components leads to QB Error 1402.
The user will face error message 1402, which says that. Can not open key ‘A malfunctioning installation is lost in downloading the necessary files that are important for software running, and a corrupted installation leads to software misbehaving.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1402
Here is a list of reasons behind the occurring of this error listed below:-
- When the Windows is not updated to the latest version.
- This error code also occurs due to a corrupted or damaged QuickBooks Installation file.
- Due to a damaged or corrupted CD during installing from the CD.
- Because of the Improper or incomplete installation process.
- Extreme start-up entries of programs and applications.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1402
Below are the mentioned symptoms of Error 1402 QuickBooks:-
- QuickBooks software freezes or hangs for some minutes.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1402 shows on your screen.
- Due to this issue, the user is not able to install QuickBooks software.
- Because of this error, Windows is running very slowly.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 1303
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1402
There are some possible solutions to fix QuickBooks error 1402 are mentioned below:-
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Tool
There is a QuickBooks Install Tool that is provided to address all Installation problems. To use the tool, you have to install it from the official website of Intuit and then Run the tool.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Tool from the official website of Intuit
- Then, stop any running programs
- Now, you need to run the tool and after that, it might take about 20 minutes depending on your network and speed of the system to complete the process.
- In the end, Restart Windows once the process is finished properly.
Solution 2: Update Windows and Install missing Updates
Inappropriate QuickBooks Installation can also occur if the Operating System is not updated properly.
- Firstly, you need to tap the Windows icon from the base of the Desktop (start option)
- Then, make Windows Update and choose on ‘Check for Updates’
- Now, simply install the pending updates
- Lastly, you have to restart your system after the updates.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Software
Many times, some other programs in the system can cause irregular working of QuickBooks software. This can also generate the QuickBooks error 1402. You can complete the Reinstallation to correct QuickBooks Desktop error 1402.
- Move to the Control Panel and Open it.
- Then, search for ‘Add or Remove Programs’
- Now, search for ‘QuickBooks’ and Uninstall it.
- Restart your system and Reinstall QuickBooks software one more time.
Solution 4: Fixing Windows Components Manually
If both QuickBooks Install Tool and the update is unable to resolve your error issue, you can fix explicit Windows components itself. We advise only to follow these manual troubleshooting steps if you are an IT professional, high-technical knowledge, windows client or having support from Microsoft.
- Fix or reinstall Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Fix Microsoft MSXML.
How to prevent QuickBooks Error 1402?
Once the error 1402 is fixed, it is important that we take some essential steps to stop it from occurring in the future.
- Frequently Update the software with the latest updates of QuickBooks software.
- Make sure that Back-up your data regularly, this is one of the best ways to prevent it.
- If discontinued, make sure that all junk files are properly deleted or removed and reinstall QuickBooks software once more.
- Always, keep in mind that never interfere in a software installation process, even if it is taking extra time than expected to finish it.
QuickBooks error 1402 occurs when QuickBooks finds some problem at the time of installation. The cause behind this error is your QuickBooks Installation file is damaged. You can solve this error by using the QuickBooks installation tool if the error persists then update your QuickBooks as well as your Windows operating system, otherwise drop a call on our helpline number to interact with our Intuit certified ProAdvisors from your location.