- August 2, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you looking for the solutions of QuickBooks error 1402? Do you want to know the reasons for occurring this error and its symptoms as well? If your answer is “yes” then there is good news for you because we are here to discuss complete information like its causes, symptoms, and solutions also.
So, don’t waste your time, just come with us and solve your queries as early as possible.
Let’s take a closer look…
QuickBooks is one of the most beneficial accounting software. As a business owner, this is a very reliable and user-friendly accounting software but the user may also face error sometimes QB error 1402 is one of them.
QuickBooks Error 1402 is an Installation error which occurs while there is some issue during the installation process. An incomplete or inappropriate installation process that starts to missing key components, it leads to QB Error 1402.
The user will face error message 1402, which says that. Can not open key ‘A malfunctioning installation is lost in downloading the necessary files that are important for software running, and a corrupted installation leads to software misbehaving.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1402
Here is a list of reasons behind the occurring of this error listed below:-
- When the Windows is not updated to the latest version.
- This error code also occurs due to a corrupted or damaged QuickBooks Installation file.
- Due to a damaged or corrupted CD during installing from the CD.
- Because of the Improper or incomplete installation process.
- Extreme start-up entries of programs and applications.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1402
Below are the mentioned symptoms of Error 1402 QuickBooks:-
- QuickBooks software freezes or hangs for some minutes.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1402 shows on your screen.
- Due to this issue, the user is not able to install QuickBooks software.
- Because of this error, Windows is running very slowly.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 1303: Easy Solutions To Fix
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 1402
There are some possible solutions to fix QuickBooks error 1402 are mentioned below:-
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Tool
There is a QuickBooks Install Tool that is provided to address all Installation problems. To use the tool, you have to install it from the official website of Intuit and then Run the tool.
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks Install Tool from the official website of Intuit
- Then, stop any running programs
- Now, you need to run the tool and after that, it might take about 20 minutes depends on your network and speed of the system to complete the process.
- In the end, Restart Windows once the process is finished properly.
Solution 2: Update Windows and Install missing Updates
Inappropriate QuickBooks Installation can also occur if the Operating System is not updated properly.
- Firstly, you need to tap the Windows icon from the base of the Desktop (start option)
- Then, make Windows Update and choose on ‘Check for Updates’
- Now, simply install the pending updates
- Lastly, you have to restart your system after the updates.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Software
Many times, some other programs in the system can cause irregular working of QuickBooks software. This can also generate the QuickBooks error 1402. You can complete the Reinstallation to correct QuickBooks Desktop error 1402.
- First of all, you have to move to Control Panel and Open it.
- Then, search for ‘Add or Remove Programs’
- Now, search for ‘QuickBooks’ and Uninstall it.
- In the end, you need to restart your system and Reinstall QuickBooks software one more time.
How to prevent QuickBooks Error 1402?
Once the error 1402 is fixed, it is important that we take some essential steps to stop it from occurring in the future.
- Frequently Update the software with the latest updates of QuickBooks software.
- Make sure that Back-up your data regularly, this is one of the best ways to prevent it.
- If discontinued, make sure that all junk files are properly deleted or removed and reinstall QuickBooks software once more.
- Always, keep in mind that never interfere in a software installation process, even if it is taking extra time than expected to finish it.
QuickBooks Error 1402 occurs when QuickBooks finds some problem at the time of installation. The cause behind this error is your QuickBooks Installation file is damaged. You can solve this error by using the QuickBooks installation tool if the error persists then update your QuickBooks as well as your Windows operating system.
Some Related Blogs…
- How To Fix Printer Not Activated QuickBooks Error Code 20?
- How To Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool: Convert QuickBooks Company File
- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool: How To Use and Install