QuickBooks error 1712 prompts when attempting to install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer. When you get into this error, you’ll receive an error message We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
QuickBooks error code 1712 shows when your Operating System is corrupted or if few system files are damaged by Windows or corrupted Microsoft components that are used by QuickBooks desktop. This error code can also appear after your installation or uninstallation of any program that requires a reboot after the process.
Error message 1712 in QuickBooks prompts while you plan to install QuickBooks software in an encrypted or damaged folder. It is always suggested for you to install the program on a different path rather than the default path. This error affects your system functionality and sometimes suspends the screen for a few seconds.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712?
Here, is a list of reasons behind the occurring of QuickBooks error 1712:-
- When a user attempts to install QuickBooks software in an encrypted or damaged folder.
- Overlying the installation of the latest version of QuickBooks but without uninstalling the older version also creates the error.
- Registry error or corruption. An attack by malware, bugs or a malicious program that affects system files that is related to the software may also lead to the error.
- Affected system performance and sometimes even freezes the system.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1712
The common symptoms of QuickBooks error 1712 are listed below:-
- A user may face shutdown problems in the system due to this error.
- Due to this error, a blue screen on display is shown
- Input or output error is also a symptom of this error.
- Http error
Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1402
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1712
To fix this error, you need to follow some quick and easy steps. Sometimes users are unable to perform or execute their data because of this error. So, it is necessary to fix this QuickBooks error as soon as possible to prevent data loss and decreased productivity.
Solution 1: You have to End these processes in the Task manager
- Press the keys Ctrl+Alt+Delete together on your keyboard.
- Then, right-tap on the QB and tap on the Go to Processes.
- Now, you have to tap on the End Process key and end all the processes in the Task Manager.
- Reboot your system and verify that processes are deleted successfully or not.
Solution 2: with the Use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Go to the official website of Intuit.
- From there, you have to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, Install the tool on your system successfully.
- Now, you have to stop all the system applications and the background application to run the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- After this, open the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Here, simply find the option labeled as “I am having problems installing QuickBooks”.
- Then, choose the OK tab.
- Restart your system or laptop to make sure that changes are made perfectly.
Solution 3: Download and install QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the download page: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
- Then, choose the option of modification.
- Now, tap on the product edition.
- Tap on the download button.
Solution 4: You have to change the application data path inside the Registry
- Tap on Start on your Windows and search for “regedit.exe”.
- Then search the given below path in Regedit.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders.
- Now double-tap on the entry App Data.
- After that, substitute the original value with your own local profile path.
- Lastly, you need to restart your system and see for errors.
The Bottom Line
QuickBooks Error 1712 occurs when the file of the Operating system important files gets damaged and the same files also used by QuickBooks then this error occurs. You can solve this error by ending all running tasks from the task manager. If the error issue still persists then release a call on our helpline number to interact with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.