Are you looking for the solutions to QuickBooks error 1601? Do you want to know the reasons for occurring this error and also want to know about its symptoms? If your answer is “YES” then you have to read this article completely.
In this article, we are going to share complete information about QuickBooks error 1601 such as its causes, symptoms, and solutions also.
Let’s take a closer look and move ahead…
As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software. With the use of user can easily perform their accounting tasks. But sometimes the user may face some technical errors. QuickBooks error 1601 is one of them.
What is QuickBooks error 1601?
It is a common error that one encounter at the time of the installation process of QuickBooks software is the ‘Java install error- 1601′. These errors occur because of several reasons, like interference with another external application or issues with an installation disk, etc. The Java install error 1601, shows up when the user attempts to install QuickBooks on a system.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 1601?
There is a list of reasons that can lead to QuickBooks error 1601 are given below:-
- The error code is caused when QuickBooks downloading file is damaged or corrupted.
- This is when Windows becomes infected with a spatial attack to associate software packages.
- QuickBooks error code 1601 also appears when the Microsoft Installer gets corrupted or damaged.
- This issue also appears when all the company files are bolted.
- When all programs are infected with a malware result in 1601.
- Windows installer error code 1601 happens when there is no permission to enter in the QuickBooks system or a Windows Operating System.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 1601
During the QuickBooks Error code, 1601 appears you may notice below-listed symptoms:-
- Windows takes extra time to respond to the user’s actions or input commands.
- QuickBooks Error code 1601 message pops up on your system screen.
- Because of this error, your computer freezes again and again.
- Your system Windows get crashed.
- The application programs which you are working on crashes.
- Due to this error code, your system frequently freezes for a few moments at the same time.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 1601
There are some possible solutions to fix this error are given below:-
- First of all, you have to tap on the Start button and in the search window, enter ‘msc’.
- Then, select services (local) and simply tap the right button on ‘windows installer and properties.
- And in this step, in properties on the Startup-Type, see if the choice is ‘disabled’. If this is the case, then tap and choose the option as ‘manual’.
- After that, the user can tap on ‘service status’ and then set it to ‘start’ to enable Windows.
- Lastly, if the error was caused by the Windows installer, it will fix the problem for you. But not, we have some other solutions too such errors.
- Firstly, you have to navigate to the Start button in the Windows and then enter ‘cmd’ in the search field to show the Command Prompt option.
- Then type “msiexec / unregister”. Tap on the enter key and simply close the command prompt window.
- In the end, you need to logout out of Windows and restart your system. The user then has to install the program that can lead the Windows Installer service error.
- First of all, move to the Start button and press the Windows+R key at the same time.
- Then, type ‘exe/unreg’ in the command prompt, and tap on OK.
- Now, When there will be a pop-up dialog box message who asking for confirmation, the user can tap and choose on OK to confirm.
- After that, again tap on the start button and then use the Windows + R key together.
- Now, type ‘exe/regserver’ in the command prompt, and then click OK
- Lastly, tap on OK once more and once the confirmation message shows and then confirm if QuickBooks error 1601 (java install error) QuickBooks still persist or not, by installing the software application. If not persists, then the user has to download the new version of the windows installer.
- The last method would be to install a diagnostic tool because it fixes the problems caused by several third parties such as the C++, .NET framework, and MSXML.
- Then, you need to start the system one more time and sign in as Administrator.
- Now, simply open the browser in the system and browse for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, tap on the install Diagnostic Tool Download link and successfully save the file in a local folder.
- Then close all the background applications and double-tap on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file. Press the Run option.
- In the end, it will then run a complete scan on the system and fixes all the errors.
QuickBooks Error 1601 occurs when you have downloaded the faulty QuickBooks software. When you installed that faulty QuickBooks software then it shows the error message on your computer screen. You can solve it by following the above solutions.