Have you ever face problems to operate QuickBooks software because QuickBooks error 6123 is occurring? Are you looking for the solutions to QBs error 6123? Do you know why this error code appears and what symptoms they show? Then, you have to just read this article.
Today, at Auditxpert, you will learn how to fix this error code. So, just come with us and perform the listed steps.
So, let’s discuss more QuickBooks error 6123…
As everyone knows that QuickBooks is counted as one of the most reliable and efficient accounting software. With the use of QB, the user can easily perform their day-to-day accounting tasks. But it is also possible that the user may face some errors while they using QB, QuickBooks error 6123 is one of them.
QuickBooks error 6123 usually appears when the user trying to upgrading a company file to QuickBooks, and opening a company file from a network server or restoring a backup.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks error 6123?
There are various causes that can lead to QuickBooks error 6123 some are listed below:-
- This error code occurs due to the firewall settings disturbing QuickBooks to open the company file.
- Due to corrupted or damaged QB Company data files.
- McAfee Antivirus service is installed on the system. It interferes with QuickBooks Desktop Services.
- Because of corrupted or damaged Windows.
- If the user restoring a company file from an external storage device.
- Interrupted network connection to the host server system.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 6123
Solution 1: Download The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First of all, you need to download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Then, search the QB Company File.
- Now, choose Check File Damage Only, then Diagnose this File.
- After that, put your Admin Password and then choose OK.
- And then, choose Open File in the latest Version or Repair File in the present version.
- Now, you have to follow the remaining steps showing on the screen.
- In the end, reboot your system.
Solution 2: Rename.ND and.TLG file
- Firstly, open the folder that contains the QB company file.
- Then, choose your company’s respective.ND file.
- Now, right tap on the company file and choose Rename.
- After that, rename.ND file to .ND.OLD.
- Likewise, choose a.TLG file and name a.TLG file.
- And then, rename .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
- Lastly, open your QB Company File.
Solution 3: Move the QB Company file to a different location
If you are not able to open your QB company file, then you have to try moving it to a different location and then, open it. If you are using a server connection, try to copy the file to the computer that you are using QuickBooks and open it.
Solution 4: With the Use of Auto Data recovery features
You can also fix this error with the use of auto data recovery features, you have to restore the.ADR copy of the file and check if it works. There is a small possibility that the file is corrupt or damage and a QuickBooks error 6123 may appear.
Solution 5: Disable the antivirus programs
You have to disable all the antivirus programs because sometimes, the antivirus program disturbed with the QB company file and the user might not be able to open its QB company file. So, disable the antivirus programs and then, try to open the company file. This might fix the QuickBooks Error 6123.
Solution 6: Reinstall QuickBooks
- First all off, you need to uninstall the presently running QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
- And make sure that you have your product and license details available.
- Now, download the QB version that you want to use in your system or insert CD.
- After that, install QuickBooks by following the general process.
- Submit your product and license details.
- Lastly, open your QuickBooks company file.
Solution 7: Create a new window user
- Firstly, you have to open the Control Panel.
- Then, choose to Create a New User Option from the User Icon.
- Now, simply choose Administrator for user type.
- After that, log out of the existing
- And then, restart your system. Now login with using new user login credentials.
- Move the QuickBooks company file to the desktop.
- In the final step, you need to open QuickBooks and access the company file.
QuickBooks error 6123 occurs when you try to restore the company files from the backup hard disk from the multiuser network server then this error code pop up on to your computer screen. This error is occurring due to an incorrect firewall setting. You can solve this error by renaming the .ND and .TLG files.