Have you ever face problems to operate QuickBooks software due to QuickBooks error 15215? Do you want to know how to fix this error code? Are you confused about why this error code appears? Then, there is good news for you because you can find an answer to your all questions in this article.
Today, we are going to share complete information about QuickBooks error 64 like its causes, symptoms, and solutions.
Let’s discuss QuickBooks error 15215…
QuickBooks Error 15215 may occur when the user is downloading payroll updates. The error message appears on the screen and says that “QuickBooks is not able to verify the digital signature”.
QuickBooks update error 15215 can also happen if there is a conflict with a background application when the user tries to download payroll update. If the background application program using extra bandwidth, so preventing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from accessing the server. QuickBooks Payroll can’t be able to connect to the server due to your firewall is not correctly configured or maybe issue with its settings.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
There is a list of possible reasons that can leads to QuickBooks error code 15215:-
- This error occurs due to, wrong installation or incompleted the corrupt or damaged download of QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks verifies the signature on files when it is not able to verify the signature on any company file you have downloaded while the update procedure, a QuickBooks error 15215 can display on your system screen.
- Due to malware, bugs or virus-infected the windows system.
- You can also encounter this error code due to wrong microsoft IE configuration.
QuickBooks error 15215: Symptoms
During the QuickBooks Error code, 15215 appears you may notice below-listed symptoms:-
- Due to this error, your system freezes again and again.
- QuickBooks Error code 15215 message shows up on the screen.
- Your system Windows get crashed.
- Because of this error code, your PC frequently freezes for a few moments at the same time.
- Windows takes more time to reply to the user’s actions or input commands.
- The application programs which you are working on crashes.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215
Solution 1: Run Your QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator
- Firstly, you have to make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed properly.
- Then, make a right-tap on your Desktop icon and then select “Run as administrator”.
- In the end, you have to tap on Yes when you receive this message on your screen “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Solution 2: Verify TLS 1.0 Settings
- First of all, you need to close your QuickBooks software and then open Internet Explorer.
- Then, you have to tap on Tools and then choose Internet Options.
- Now, simply tap on the Advanced tab.
- After that, you need to tap on Advanced Settings and search the options Use TLS 1.2, Use TLS 1.0, and Use TLS 1.1.
- Now, see that the Use TLS 1.0 box is tick marked.
- And make sure that Use TLS 1.2 and Use TLS 1.1 are not marked.
- Then, simply tap Ok and close the Internet Explorer.
- In the end, you have to reboot your computer and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- Also, check for updates if any available or not.
Solution 3: Restart Windows in Selective Startup
- Firstly, the same as the above solutions close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, you need to choose Run and verify for the below-listed versions:
- Windows XP: Start > Run
- Windows 7 and Vista: Move to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
- Windows 8 and 10: Press Windows + R key at the same time.
- After that, you need to go top Run box and type MSConfig and tap Ok.
- Now, you will notice the Configuration Utility window appears.
- And then, select selective startup and uncheck the Load Startup components checkbox.
- In this step, tap on save and then choose Ok.
- Next, you have to restart your computer.
- Then, open QuickBooks one more time and download the present tax table.
- Now, simply open system configuration utility by performing steps 1 to 4.
- Next, you have to verify the Normal Startup box and tap on Ok.
- Lastly, restart your computer one more time.
QuickBooks error 15215 occurs at the time of downloading the payroll updates. This error can also occur at the time to verifying the digital signature. The reason behind this error is your firewall settings are blocking the QuickBooks to connect with the update server. You can solve this error by verifying the TLS 1.0 settings.