- January 14, 2020
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks error h303 occurs at the time of accessing the company file. This error code shows that your company file is stored into your computer system but it needs some additional configuration to access the company file. There are several reasons behind the QuickBooks error H505, H303, and H101 but chances of occurring this error increase when your company file is located on a different computer to access the company file you need to install the additional installation and setup.
In this artical, you will get to know more about the causes and the possible solution to get rid of QB error code h303.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error h303
- When QuickBooks error code h303 infected your system then the performance of your computer becomes very slow.
- Your all the input and output devices will respond very sluggishly.
- You may face the problem of freezing the computer system.
- When you try to access the company file then you get the QuickBooks error h303 on your screen.
- QuickBooks will not allow accessing the company file.
Causes of QuickBooks error code h303
- In the give below points, you get the list of causes that arise the QuickBooks error code h303.
- If your firewall is blocked the communication process of QuickBooks company file.
- If the extension of your QuickBooks .ND file is damaged it cause the QuickBooks error code h303.
- If your QBCF monitor or QuickBooks Database server manager services don’t begin.
- The setup of the Computer network isn’t done properly.
- This error can also occur if your hosting configuration setting is not done properly.
- If your company file is hosted by the server or the IP address then your QuickBooks will not able to access the company file.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error h303
Solution 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks File Doctor
Before moving to any solution you must have to use your QuickBooks file Doctor tool. This tool will help you to come out of these error codes H303, and H505 error. This tool will reconfigure your network and resolve all the QuickBooks company file related issues. You will get all the guidance on how to download, install, and run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: Verifying the QuickBooks setting are correct
- First, you need to open your QuickBooks accouting software in multi-user mode.
- Click on the file in both computer systems.
- Then tap on the “Utilities”.
- After that, you have to choose the “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access”.
- Now you need to select any one of the given computers and “Turn on Hosting”. For this you have to go inside the “File”>”Utilities”>”Host Multi-user configuration”.
- In the end, Restart your QuickBooks software again on both computers.
Solution 3: Change the location of QuickBooks folder
- First, you need to login to the hosting computer and then create a new folder.
- Then set and share the “Windows access Permission” so, you can easily share your company files.
- Copy the .qbw file from the QuickBooks folder and then paste into the newly created folder.
- Then access your company file and then set it to the multiuser mode.
Solution 4: Rearrange the setting of the firewall
- Firstly, start your computer system and then choose the “Control Panel”.
- When the control panel is opened than go inside the setting of the firewall.
- Now you need to select the “Firewall setting” and then select allow a program through the firewall.
- Here you need to choose on “Add Program” and then select the “QuickBooks 20xx” to the exception list.
- Again restart your computer system and check your QuickBooks error h303 is solved successfully.
QuickBooks error h303 is mostly occurred at the time of accessing the company files which is hosted on another pc. Your computer system is required for additional setup and installation. The reason behind this error is damaged .ND file and communication process of the company file is completely blocked by the firewall. You can solve this error code by using the QuickBooks file doctor if the issue still persists then you need to verify the setting of QuickBooks hosting setting.