Fix QuickBooks Error H505 (The H-Series Error Code in QB)
In today’s tutorial you can get the advantage to find out the troubleshoot solution of QuickBooks error H505. Here we will discuss about the complete detail of the h505 error in QuickBooks desktop including the reasons, signs, and solution. So, if you are facing the same error in QuickBooks then say with us for the exact answer to your Question related to this error code.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
A QuickBooks user can face QuickBooks Error h505 when they try to change from the single-user environment into QuickBooks multi-user environment. The appearance of this error indicates that QuickBooks software in a multi-user environment is not able to connect to the server.
If the QuickBooks Error Code h505 shows on your system screen, it may be due to one or more of the users’ systems is set to be the QuickBooks server. The users’ computers can function in a multi-user environment, but only the server, that is computer hosting the company files, should be the only machine configured to act as the host.
What is QuickBooks Error H505
Error Code Name: QuickBooks Error H505
Supported OS: Windows XP, 8, 7, Vista
Error Code Message: “QB has encountered an issue and requires to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
Why we got the QuickBooks H505 Error Message
- QuickBooks firewall port is not configured correctly. Due to inappropriate firewall settings, communication between QuickBook and server is not happening.
- If the .ND file is corrupted or inaccurate. Without a functional.ND file, QuickBooks is not able to access the files on a network.
- QuickBooks software services that are QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor – are not working.
- If there is some issue with the DNS set up.
- The IP address of the server cannot be found.
- Hosting has not been configured correctly.
- The server does not have to host the current mode.
What are the Signs to Identify the QuickBooks Error Code H505
When the QuickBooks Error h505 happens, a user can see the below-listed symptoms:-
- If the QuickBooks software program window gets crashed.
- A multi-user environment cannot be used.
- The customer is unable to initiate the QuickBooks company file saved on the server.
- QuickBooks Error Code H505 shows on your screen.
- QuickBooks software freezes and you need to wait for it to respond.
- The laptop or desktop system crashes repeatedly.
- Windows may become unresponsive and freeze regularly.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Method 1: Check the Hosting Mode
The hosting mode should be off on the user’s system and turned-on on the server.
- Firstly, you need to open QuickBooks on all of the user’s system that is facing an error H505.
- Then, operate to the QuickBooks menu and tap on the File menu.
- Now, select services under the File menu.
- After that, see for a choice with the name – Host Multi-User Access. If it is there, don’t select it. This indicates that this individual system is not pointing to any issue. So, you can easily go to the next system.
- Now, if you notice a choice with the name – Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – then simply select this option.
- The above-listed steps are to be performed on all of the user’s system which is facing this error. computers or workstations that are getting this error.
- After you have treated all of the systems, now you need to go to the server computer.
- Then, on the server system, open QuickBooks software.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks menu and tap on the File menu.
- Now, select services under the File menu.
- Lastly, if in case, you notice a choice with the name – Host Multi-User Access – simply select it and if in case, you see an option with the name – Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – do not choose it.
Or you can run the QuickBooks file doctor to fix the problem.
Method 2: Check the Firewall Settings
Firewall settings are to be configured to provide exemptions.
- First of all, you need to go to the Start button on the screen and tap on it.
- Then, type Control Panel in the search area.
- Now, simply open the Control Panel window.
- Then check for the Firewall Settings and open it.
- After that, go to support a Program by the Firewall.
- Now, simply select the Add Program.
- You are needed to embed into the list of exceptions: QuickBooks 20xx.
- In the end, you need to restart your system so that the changes in settings that you have done get applied.
- Check, if QuickBooks Error H505 is happening or not.
Method 3: Automate the Startup Type
Here, you have to check QuickBooks services are working or not.
- Firstly, you need to open the Run dialog box.
- Then, in the text area of the Run box, set services.MSC and press Enter.
- Now, services can also be opened by the Task Manager. To open the task manager you need to press these keys together in Windows 10:- Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys.
- After that, go to the services tab in the Task Manager window.
- Now, look for open Services and tap on it in order to open it.
- Then, find QuickbooksDBXX service in the Name column.
- After this double-tap on the service name.
- Now, select Properties from the list that shows.
- Then simply, go to the Startup type select Automatic. The current status of the service should be started or executing. If the service is closed, you have to start it by using the Start key.
- And now you need to go to the Recovery tab.
- In the end, under the 1st failure choice, you need to choose to Restart the Service. For these two choices also – 2nd Failure and Subsequent failures – Restart the Service is to be chosen.
Method 4: Change Port in your Windows
This method includes opening the network ports which are accepted by QuickBooks for sending and receiving data.
- First of all, you need to open the Control Panel window.
- Then, go to the system and security in the CP Window.
- Now, open Windows Firewall.
- After that, look for advanced settings and select it.
- On the left, simply go to Inbound Customs and do right-click on it.
- Now, select New Rule and choose Port in the Rule type.
- Then simply select TCP and particular local ports. Now, you need to add the required QuickBooks ports.
- After that select the Next button after performing the above-listed step.
- In the window that appears, you have to select – Allow connections – from the choices given there.
- then, choose Next and now select the network type for implementing this rule. But by chance network switching is regular, keep reviewing all the choices.
- You need to give a name to the rule after complete and tap on the Finish key.
- Reperform the steps listed above for Outbound Rules also.
- Lastly, Verify whether you are now encountering QuickBooks Error H505 or not.
Method 5: Edit the Windows host File
This method includes editing the Windows hosts file.
- Firstly, you have to open Run on the server.
- Then, you need to type cmd in the Run window to open the Command Prompt.
- Now, simply run the command “ipconfig /all”.
- After that, note down on a paper or text file the system name and IP Address for all workstations and host systems.
- Now, Close QuickBooks and go to This system. Then open C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc
- Then, simply open the Hosts file with Notepad.
- After that, you need to enter the system name and IP address which is noted above. Don’t use the space bar, but use the tab key for ordering the IP address and system name.
- In the end, after you have completed the above-listed steps successfully, then apply changes and review for the QuickBooks Error H505.
In the above, we found that the QuickBooks error h505 occurs at that time when your company file is not stored on the computer and the user trying to access it. And readers can solve this error by performing these methods. Hope you like the article, and you can fix this h-series error code without any support. Further, if in case, you need help to troubleshoot the error code then can take the help of a QuickBooks ProAdvisor near to you for the right solution.