- June 1, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Do you want to know how to install, set up and update the QuickBooks Database server manager? If your answer is yes, then don’t waste your time just start reading this article with full of dedication and learn these process.
The database server manager is a highly useful tool for QuickBooks that provided by our Intuit. if you would like to be assisted with for install, update and setup QuickBooks Database manager then we provide all the information about the database server manager so, you can read our blog and solve your all problems easily, if you faced any problem then you contact our QuickBooks online customer service Phone number.
It is a tool that enables the users to run the multiple version of the QuickBooks process, it creates network data files to ensure that you have used the current year services running as a background application. The database tool also creates the.ND File for any company file on the host computers.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager: Definition
QuickBooks Database server manager tool is one of the best tools of QuickBooks. It permits you to organize applications for multiple users. It is helpful and convenient, as it enables you to obtain optimum use QuickBooks Desktop application.
QuickBooks Database server manager is used to creates ‘The network data files’ for the company data files saved on the ‘host computer’ But, if you have more than ‘one version’ of the QuickBooks Desktop, you have to install the QB Database server manager tool for each one of them.
You have to install, set up and update, the QBDBSM on the computer for the maximum utilization of the application and file appearance on the network.
Important Points About QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) is responsible for creating Network Data Files (*.nd) for almost any provider files stored on the server computer. Install each and every version of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, if you are using a number of versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Installing various versions of the QB Database Server Manager can give you multiple modifications of processes but not provides you the multiple versions of the software.
- If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then it’s important to properly set up the Database Server Manager for each version in sequential order like from oldest to newest.
- Loading the Database Server Manager gives the guarantee that the year’s database service is presently executing in the background. In the Windows Services platform (accessible by the Windows Control Panel), these services are scheduled as QuickBooksDBXX, where XX denotes the version number. (for Eg. ‘28’ denotes QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and ‘27’ represents QuickBooks Desktop 2017).
- The QB Database Server Manager installed for every QuickBooks variant adds a user (For eg. QBDataServiceUser28 for 2018 and QBDataServiceUser27 for 2017).
How To Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Let’s start the installation process you have to just follow the below-listed steps:
- First of all, you have to search for the QuickBooks installer on your host computer.
- Then, double-tap on the installer and open the installation wizard.
- After the open installation wizard, if you see the host system has ‘Network access’ and you can simply download an update, then tap on ‘Next’
- But If your host system has ‘no internet connection,’ then click on ‘NO’ and choose ‘NEXT.’
- Now, end ‘other programs’ executing in the background and click on ‘Next.’
- Go through the ‘Software License Agreement’ and accept it.
- Then Press on the option ‘Next’
- Now navigate to ‘Custom/Network Options’ and choose the installation type.
- Now select the option of the ‘Yes, allow access.’
- Follow the ‘On Screen’ given instructions to complete the software installation process.
- Now the next step is to ‘set-up’ the QuickBooks Database Server Manager after completion of the software installation process.
Let’s move on to the QBDBSM update…
How to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
After you are done the process of installation of the QB Database server manager tool. It is essential to check whether a software update is available or not.
Regularly, Intuit issues the software update in order to optimize the use of the QuickBooks Desktop application. Maximum, the newly installed QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t require an update. Follow the below-listed steps:
- First of all, you need to, download and update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. Make sure that the application is the same for the server and computer.
- Once you have complete ‘installing,’ reboot the server.
- Once the server is updated, you will see an alert message that says ‘Company file requires to be updated.’ Here you will also notice a pop-up to get a back-up that is also important to be done as updates can change the ‘database structure.’
- You have to follow the pop-ups and after you are done making the backups, you should be able to open the files.
How to set-up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the folders and files that have to be configured for multi-user access.
- Next step i.e., scan the company files that are there on the server and make sure files are perfectly configured to accommodate multiple user access.
- Now to add a ‘new company file’ to the server, you can use the ‘Monitored Drives feature’ and maintain the ‘Database Server Manager Updated.’
- Now, you need to make sure that ‘company files’ are combined to the server and the users are logged into ‘company files.’
- If you want to modify the service status, then you can use the ‘Service Administrative Tool’ and then you need to configure the service.
- Finally, you can use the ‘updates’ option and download the latest QuickBooks Database server updates.
How To Open The QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- You have to simply go to the ‘Start’ key.
- Then tap on the ‘Programs’option and now select QuickBooks option
- Now tap on ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ and ‘Open’ the server
- Now you need to tap on the ‘Scan’ Folders.
Note: Once you save all company files on the server, make sure that it is scanned correctly so that it can be easily configured and enabling other users to take access of these company files.
- Make sure that which folder holds QuickBooks Company Files. If you are not sure about the folder of QuickBooks company files then scan the entire disks.
- Select the scan option and begin scanning of the company files.
- After the scan gets finished, the QuickBooks company files can be located in the scanned folder so that multiple users can access it.
- After the completion of downloading and updating the QB Database Server Manager, do not forget to restart your computer.
Simply find the Add folders key and then tap on it. Now select the folder you need to add. Double-check that the folder is apparent under the official QuickBooks company file folder.
Firstly, open the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”. You will notice folders listed in the “Scan Folders” sector. Here, you can easily remove any folders that you do not want to keep from here you have to just choose the undesired folder and then tap on the “Remove Folder”. The folder is removed.
Scanning for Folders:
If you are not able to see any folders, then tap on the “Scan” key. This feature launches a scan to find all the folders that stored any QuickBooks company files in them.
Here you can easily add the drives that you need to be monitored. The monitoring service ensures that each and every user can access QuickBooks company files from the corresponding drives.
If you want to check the status of the monitoring service, you have to open the “Monitored Drives” section.
This feature can also be applied to maintain the QuickBooks Database Server Manager updated. This will be required only when a new company files are added to the server.
From the Start menu of your Windows computer, select QuickBooks and open the BDSM.
Select “Monitored Drives”.
Select each drive that will receive new company files or where old company files are renamed, deleted or modified in any other form.
However, you cannot monitor or view the drive which is being mapped.
Features Of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- It helps to conclude which user is presently logged in and into which QuickBooks company file.
- With the help of the QB Database Server Manager, the user knows about the company files on the server.
- It helps to maintain a continuous record of which service is executing while the company files are being hosted by the server computer.
- With the help of the QB database server manager, you can also manage the status of some of the services by using the Services Administrative Tool and easily configuring the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- It helps to handle updates in the “Update” section. You have to simply tap on the “Update” key and proceed using the steps mentioned.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the most useful tool designed by the intuit. By Installing this tool then you will allow running the QuickBooks multiple version processes. If you don’t know how to download the QB database server manager and how to set up it, all the procedures are described in the above blog.