QuickBooks File Doctor: Resolve Your Company File or Network Issue
Are you suffering from company file or network issues? Do you want to know how to fix these issues? How to use QuickBooks file doctor to fix a damaged company file? If your answer is “yes”, then this is the perfect spot for you. So, just start reading…
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is officially designed by QuickBooks. This tool was created keeping in mind the file related problem of QuickBooks user. This not only solves the problem of QuickBooks company file it also uses to fix some network or other issues. This tool is integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. In this version your all the company file related issues are solved in a single lick of QB file Doctor.
If you face any kind of error related to the company file like QuickBooks error 6000 series, in that case, you can take the help of QuickBooks software to get rid of this kind of errors.
QuickBooks desktop file doctor is a program that authorizes you to troubleshoot QuickBooks related issues on its own. it is also a tool integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions and it can be utilized to check and fix errors that occur in the company file. If you use the file doctor. you observe data damage or if you receive the 6000 errors that prevent you from opening the files.
The QuickBooks File Doctor helps you if you are facing below-listed errors:
- If you are unable to start your company file and seeing errors such as -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6130, -6150 and many other errors like these.
- You are encountering network errors such as H101, H303, H505, and H202, and when you encounter problems in accessing multi-user set up.
- If your file has been fully damaged and you are not able to open it.
- You have a blank list for your clients, employees, and vendors.
In case, you encounter any of the above-listed errors, then you need to download QB File Doctor to your system. In this way, after the installation is done, the program will automatically fix the damage inside your system.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QB File Doctor tool is designed and formed for the goal of diagnosing and repairing issues that are responsible for the state that restricts the opening of the company file. The tool is a set of applications that can be downloaded from Intuit and installed in the system at the same location where the company file is stored and executed.
The specific point to recognize about this tool is that it only manages .qbw files from 2006 and newer versions of the accounting software QuickBooks.
Essential Information About Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
- It works only in US, CA and UK versions of accounting software QuickBooks.
- This tool is used for file and data repair. For this goal, it isn’t compulsory to install QuickBooks.
- Basically, it is used for network and diagnosis repair.
- The built-in QBFile Doctor supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Server 2003-2012.
Some other important things to remember about the QB File Doctor tool
- You need to uninstall the built-in QuickBooks FD before downloading the latest version.
- Since all QB versions post 2015 come with an inbuilt QB File Doctor, it’s advised to use an external file doctor tool.
- QB file doctor is compatible is with all QuickBooks Desktops for Windows versions.
- This tool doesn’t work with QuickBooks for MAC.
- There are two kinds of QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- Built-in file doctor (this is available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions).
- QB File Doctor stand-alone version (this can be downloaded from the internet).
- QuickBooks FD may seem on its own in case of a few mistakes. You need to click the start key and allow the tool to do its work.
How To Use QuickBooks File Doctor (Stand-Alone Version)?
- Ensure that you have the latest version of QB File Doctor or just uninstall the current one and install the latest version.
- Then download QB File Doctor from the official site of Intuit official and simply tap on the run (if you have that already installed).
- Now, double-tap on the QBFD tool and simply follow the instructions on the screen and perform the installation process. Once the tool is completely installed and still is not displaying up on the screen, open it using the Windows Task-bar.
- After the tool is showing up on the screen, then tap on the Browse option and search the QuickBooks company file having that is damaged. Start the QuickBooks File diagnostics to repair any error you encounter while using the accounting software.
- The File Doctor Tool Window will give you two choices to select from. Select the one option which is suitable for your error. Both the choices are self-explanatory.
- If you have got a 6000 series error or you are thinking that your company file is damaged, you can choose the first option.
- But if you have Network problems like Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, and Error H505, then choose the second option.
- Now, enter your Company File Admin Password when requested and tap Next.
- Then, select from the two options to continue diagnosing and repairing the error.
- If you are performing a diagnosis and troubleshooting on the customer’s system, then choose the Workstation option. It indicates that the QuickBooks company file isn’t saved or hosted on that system.
- Select the second option, that is, server in case you are diagnosing and troubleshooting issues on a QuickBooks customer system, which indicated the QuickBooks company file isn’t stored or hosted that system.
- Now, choose “Yes” if you are operating on QuickBooks Server / Host and No if on the QuickBooks Workstation.
- You have to wait until QuickBooks file doctor is finished diagnosing and repairing any feasible error. The time taken in the process depends on many factors such as the size of the QuickBooks Company File, Local Area Network Speed and the severity of the issues with QuickBooks Company File. You must not interrupt the process in between.
- Once the repairing process is done, close the QB file doctor tool.
- Regardless of the result of the fixing process, open your company file.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor (Built-in)?
Inbuilt or internal QB File Doctor recognizes the error and starts troubleshooting automatically. Once the QBFD window opens, tap Start option and the tool will start operating to repair the issues. The rest of the choices will be the same as the above-mentioned stand-alone File Doctor instructions.
- Don’t open the company file and open QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the File Menu.
- then, select Utilities.
- Tap on Repair File and Network issues to start QB File Doctor.
- Now, tap on Browse and choose the company file that requires diagnosis and Repair and taps Open.
- Following the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu, choose the type of fix you require your file to undergo and Next.
- Now submit the Admin ID and password for the company file when asked and choose Next.
- After the diagnosis and repairing process is done, open the QuickBooks company file.
Some Limitations of QB File Doctor
- The requirement QuickBooks Company File size is not above 2GB.
- The high internet connection was required to upload the company file.
- It is compulsory to Log-in as an Administrator.
- Network Connectivity diagnosis tool and repair option doesn’t work properly if you have various QuickBooks versions installed in a single system.
- Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t work on the computers installed with QuickBooks Database Server Manager Only (QuickBooks File Hosting Component).
- .qbw and .qba are the only files in which File Doctor is usable.
- The download process will be resumed only if the tool is open. It will get started again if the tool gets closed.
- If you turn ON the User Account Control for Windows then the QBFD tool will get re-started.
What can the QuickBooks File Doctor Fix?
There is a list of issues that are QB file doctor can solve.
- All QuickBooks company file errors.
- Network issues.
- The series of -6000 errors.
- -6150: Your installation is destroyed.
- -6000 -82: Give suitable access to your QuickBooks.
- -6000 -301: The file you are viewing for has changed its location.
- –6147: You are not able to restore your backup.
- -6130: Reconfigure your system Windows Firewall.
- Data damage issues.
- The exploitation of data files.
- Damage in your Windows Registry.
- Installation bugs.
- Not able to update your QuickBooks.
- The Firewall on your computer is inadequately configured.
- You are not able to access the Database manager.
- Multi-user errors that could happen.
- If you have empty vendor lists on your QuickBooks.
- Experiencing empty client lists problems.
- Employee lists are missing entries.
- If there is a virus on your computer.
QuickBooks file doctor is an amazing tool of Intuit which is use to fix company file related issues as well as other issues. This software has the capability to solve all the problems automatically so you don’t need to fix the problem manually you only have to simply your computer with the help of a QB file doctor the corrupted company file will be changed into the incorrupted file. In this blog, you have already read about how to use a QB file doctor and what kind of problems QB doctor can fix.