QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a: Error Loading Type Library/DLL Or Can’t Load (DLL)
QuickBooks users have been reported that they start getting QuickBooks error code 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL or can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL) while opening QuickBooks software. This is the most annoying or complicated error inside QuickBooks. During this error, the user is unable to accessing or punching information.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
We well know, QuickBooks is a trustworthy software and can be very helpful in tackling multiple accounting financing tasks such as creating invoices, generating reports as well as billings for firms and job status. But, sometimes it starts showing error 80029c4a when the QuickBooks component does not start or the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are missing/damaged as an outcome of the computer irregularities. The antivirus protection might be another reason for the occurrence of this error so, check your antivirus or firewall security settings timely.
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks experiences when your company file has been damaged. Check below to know how error 80029c4a will appear on your screen:
Problem: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file “name of your company file:
Error Code 80029c4a
Description: Error loading type library/DLL
As you can see in the snapshot, just click on the OK option, once you have clicked, the next error will be loaded that specifies:
QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your Computer might solve the problem.
Error Type 80029c4a
Description: Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)
These error messages are saying that there is trouble with QuickBooks DLL, try to fix this as early as possible. Before moving to follow troubleshooting solutions, just check out the causes and symptoms of this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
A QuickBooks user usually faces this error when a QuickBooks Desktop system file can’t be located or has become corrupted or damaged. Some other reasons are listed below:-
- Incomplete or improper installation of QuickBooks software
- Corrupted Windows registry
- Corrupted Window system files or QB pro-related program files
- Mistakenly deleted QB Pro- related program files
- Improper Windows startup or shut down
- Antivirus defender has incorrectly marked a QuickBooks Desktop as being affected by malware, trojan, or virus
Symptoms for QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
A QuickBooks user generally observe the following features while QB error code 80029c4a occurs:-
- The system will work very slowly or improperly
- The system will crash repeatedly with an error message
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a will show on your system screen
- During this error, your active program window will get crashed
- You will see that your system freezes repeatedly
- Your system Windows responds slowly to mouse clicks and keyboard keys
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
It is important to know when and how error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks occurs so that you can easily trigger it. Let’s start discussing its solutions, always start implementing the solutions from solution 1.
There are many solutions for an individual problem as you can see below but if you are getting this error after the 2016 R9 installation, then immediately move to follow solution 4.
Solution 1: Perform an Avast Antivirus Definition and Program Update
- Seek for Avast icon then right-click on it
- From the list, click on Update
- Tap on Program and then start following the on-screen prompts to upgrade the Avast Program
- Repeat the first three steps and choose Engine and Virus Definitions
Note: Before making any changes to your antivirus software, we highly advised you to consult your issue with an IT Professional to get proper guidance.
Solution 2: Check Your Antivirus File-Blocking Settings
Ensure that your antivirus or firewall is not blocking QuickBooks software’s necessary files. If you think so, then go through your Antivirus help documentation, or hire their specialists to consult your issue. It’ll be effective for you to get help from an IT professional before making any modifications to the antivirus programs.
Solution 3: Execute Reboot.bat File
- Close or quit QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the folder containing the reboot.bat.file. To find the file, do the following: Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon then click on Properties >> Open File Location
- Right-click on reboot.bat file, then choose Run as Administrator. Now make sure to run as an administrator
- As per the configurations of Windows Folder Options settings, your file may seem as reboot.bat or reboot
- Remember that you should not close the window (You’ll see a black window with a scrolling file name). You can close this only when the reboot.bat file utility has finished
- In the end, restart your computer
Solution 4: Perform a QuickBooks Desktop Clean Install
Note: Before performing a clean installation of your QuickBooks Desktop, don’t forget to back up your system and QuickBooks software data. In addition, must have your Window, QuickBook installation CDs, and license numbers available.
- Perform a reinstall using the clean install
- Update the QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release version. For this, do the following:
- Go to the File menu >> Close company or Log off. Remember if you have opened multiple company files in QuickBooks Desktop, then you have to do this step for each company file you open
- Click File >> Exit
- Now click on Run as Administrator
- Ensure that you are on the No Company Open screen
- Go to the Help option then click on Update QuickBooks >> Options
- Choose the Mark All button then Save it successfully.
- Click on Update Now, and then Reset Update option
- Choose the Get Updates
- When the update finished popup pops on the screen, close QuickBooks Desktop
- Now again, open QuickBooks Desktop. At this time you can get a notification to install the update. Click on the yes option
- Then, restart your system when the installation process is done.
Solution 5: Perform a Windows Repair on QuickBooks
- Close your QuickBooks
- Press the Windows key
- Click to open the Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall or change a program by scrolling through the programs list and find QuickBooks
- Choose Uninstall/Change
- QuickBooks installation window opened to you. Now click on Next in this window
- Now, look for the Repair key and click on it
- Click Finish and wait until the repair process gets completed
- After the process has finished, your QuickBooks software would have been repaired properly.
- Now, you need to restart your computer.
- Open your QuickBooks software to check and verify your issue
Solution 6: Fix with Windows System File Tracking
- Click on Windows Start Button and then open the search bar
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift key and then hit enter
- Click on the Yes option when the permission window will open
- You’ll see the command prompt window on your screen
- Inside the command prompt window type, SFC/Scannow then hit enter
- This process will take time whenever the System File Checker completed their scanning for error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks
- Once the scanning has been done, just follow the on-screen instructions to fix this error
You may like to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Printing Problems
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a occurs when more than one file is corrupted and deleted. The reason behind this error is most of the time your antivirus assumes your QuickBooks files are harmful to pc, to protect your pc antivirus delete the files. You can solve this error by changing the antivirus file-blocking settings. If your error issues are still not gets resolved, you can take help from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number for instant troubleshooting solutions.