QuickBooks error 99001 messages may show on your system screen while programming installation, or also while the process of installation of the Windows operating system, Windows start-up or shut down, and while the QuickBooks software is working. Maintaining a record of when and where the error message is showing up, the problem is convenient as a critical piece of information for troubleshooting. Here, this article is all about this. Today, we will know, the complete details of this error code including the reasons, signs, and solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error 99001
This QuickBooks error code means that any user has the company file opened in a single-user environment. It is necessary to have that user switch to a multi-user environment. In case compulsory, the server admin can end every QuickBooks session through the task manager.
Here is a little description about this error code, have a look
Error Number: 99001
Error Name: QuickBooks Error 99001
QuickBooks Error Message: Error Code 99001: QB has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
OS: Windows XP, 7, 8 Vista
What are the Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error Code 99001
QuickBooks error 99001 is a runtime error and this error for various different reasons or it is important to troubleshoot every possible cause to prevent it from reappearing in the future. So, below a list of its possible causes:-
- If the company data files are hosted on a Linux operating system server and are using more than one set of login details to log in to the shared folder.
- Due to the file is placed in a read-only permission network folder.
- If the company file is being accessed using remote software such as LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc and the host system still believes that the user is still logged in.
- This error also appears when the file is open on another system in a Single User environment.
- Due to the incomplete installation process of QuickBooks software or damaged download of the files.
- Malware or damaged in Windows Registry from a current modification in QuickBooks software.
What QuickBooks Error 99001 Affects the QuickBooks & System
There is a list of some of the effects that QuickBooks Error code 99001 runtime error can show on your system:-
- Your computer becomes unresponsive or freezes for a few seconds from time to time.
- The error message shows up and breaks the active program window.
- Due to this error, windows runs very slowly and responds sluggishly.
- The computer where QuickBooks is installed constantly crashes when operating the same program.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 99001
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
You can solve this error by downloading the QuickBooks file doctor. And run the tool in the right path. This is essential so please do this step very carefully.
If this doesn’t help, simply move on to the next solution. But this solution is the easiest because here you have to do the only thing that you need to install the file and try to run it.
Solution 2: Manually Fix The QuickBooks Error 99001
Case 1: If the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- First of all, you have to exit QuickBooks Desktop in all the systems.
- Then, simply open the company data file on the Host system.
- In this step, you need to visit the file menu bar, then choose Switch to a Multi-user environment.
- But by chance, you are perceiving the same issues, then reboot all workstations.
Case 2: If the company file is open in a Single User environment on the Host system.
- First of all, you have to visit the File menu bar, then choose Close company file.
- Then, re-open the company file and visit the File menu bar, then click on Open or Restore the Company file.
- After that, select open a company file, then choose Next.
- Now, apply your company file.
- In the end, click on Open file in a multi-user environment, then Open.
Case 3: If your company file is placed in a read-only network folder
- Firstly, you need to visit the system which is hosting your company file.
- Then, simply open the folder where your company file is stored.
- After that, Right-click on the folder, then simply choose Properties.
- Now, go to the Security tab.
- Then, select the user who is facing problems to log in, then Edit.
- In this step, check to allow for complete control.
- Lastly, click on the apply, then press OK.
Case 4: In case the system is being accessed remotely through software LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- For this case, first of all, simply Right-click on the taskbar, then click on the Task Manager.
- Then, go to the Processes tab and see if there are running processes under the name of the user who is facing this problem.
- Now, check if there are processes under that user, then restart your system.
QuickBooks error 99001 can be resolved by the given solutions. Apply the solution carefully, without skipping any step, or do a manual fixing for the error code. We tried our best to troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible. Still, if there any error to follow the given solutions then you can get help from our QuickBooks experts for the best consultancy.