- July 6, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you facing QuickBooks error 6177? Do you want to how to fix this error? What are the causes and effects of this QuickBooks error? Don’t Worry!!!
You are at Auditxpert, where you can learn each and everything related to QuickBooks even your business growth, accounting, and bookkeeping.
So, in this article, we are going to share a complete guide on QuickBooks error 6177. In which you can learn everything about this error such as its causes, effects and its solutions. Let’s take a closer look…
As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the most advanced accounting software, but it doesn’t mean that they can’t create any kind of error. It also faces errors, but every error has a solution.
QuickBooks Error 6177 occurs when users attempt to open or access the QuickBooks company file. The error message is shown on your system screen like: “QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file”.
It states that QuickBooks is not able to follow the path for starting the company file. To resolve this error quickly, ensure that you have installed the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. Moreover, you require to reboot your system and verify if the error is fixed.
What is QuickBooks Error 6177?’
When someone uses QuickBooks software, you have to use a user ID and password. Users’ data are stored and secured automatically with the unique id and password. When someone is attempting to open any company file in a confirm place in QuickBooks, it is probable that the company file may not open smoothly.
Your system may not be able to find it. Because of some issues, the software may be not able to open the wanted file. This state of not being able to open any company data file may be caused by an error which is called QuickBooks error 6177.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6177
It is a fact that the way that QuickBooks software works, it is not the same way that your system works. Therefore, since they vary in technical features, QuickBooks software may be not able to place and open the required file. And also, it is not able to open it in the required way.
The foremost cause that can outcome in QuickBooks error 6177 0 occurring on your system is that your QuickBooks software is not able to use the path which is needed to open the QuickBooks company data file. Some of the other causes are listed below:-
- If there is a virus in your computer or computer is affected by some other malware such as trojan, etc.
- If the QuickBooks company data file is corrupted.
- When a company file has got damaged.
- If some of the QuickBooks related system files have got removed.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 6177
The main symptom of this error is that the company file would not open easily. Your QuickBooks software is unable to find a path to open it when required. Some other effects are listed below:-
- If the QuickBooks program window crashes repeatedly.
- QuickBooks software freezes again and again.
- QB user is not able to open the company data file.
- If QB error code 6177 message shows on your computer screen.
- A user notices that the system is crashing repeatedly.
- If your computer works very slowly as well respond slowly to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- When windows freeze frequently for a few moments at a time.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 6177
Follow the below-listed steps to fix this error:-
Step 1: Update QuickBooks
- First of all, you need to run QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Then, simply go to the Help menu and under the Help menu, tap on update QuickBooks.
- Now, tap on the mark all under the Options tab.
- After that, select Save and open the Update Now tab.
- Then, check that the reset Update box should be marked.
- Now, tap on the Get Updates.
- After this, Close QuickBooks when the update process is finished.
- Now, simply open your QuickBooks software.
- In the end, you need to restart your computer to complete the installation process.
Step 2: Change the file location
In this step, you need to move the company file from the server system, cloud or external hard drive to your local drive and then back again.
- First of all, simply go to File Explorer on your computer or server.
- Then, see QuickBooks folder.
- Now, find the QuickBooks company data file, and note down drive name and its location.
- After that, you need to move the company file to your local C: drive.
- Now, simply create a manageable company file.
- Then, restore this file to that drive from which the QuickBooks company file was initially moved.
- Lastly see, if QuickBooks error 6177 0 is still occurring. If yes, then simply proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
With the help of QuickBooks file Doctor Tool on the server to scan and clean the QB Company file. The place also refreshes. If the problem is fixed, then back to the company file. If not sure, then go to the next step.
Step 4: Fix The Company File Path Manually
- First of all, you have to find a QuickBooks folder on the server.
- Then, search file who have the name of the company that ends with .nd.
- Now, delete this file.
- After that, you need to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, open it on your server system.
- Now, select the QuickBooks folder in which company files are stored.
- And tap on the Start Scan.
- Then, tap close once the scanning is completed.
- Now, you need to configure permissions for permitting the sharing of QuickBooks company data files.
- In the end, open QuickBooks software and check whether QuickBooks error 6177 is resolved or not.
QuickBooks error 6177 occurs when you try to access the company file but the QuickBooks doesn’t find any company file on a specific path then this error on your screen. You can solve this error by updating your QuickBooks software or you can manually change the location of the file for more information read the above artical.