QuickBooks error 6130 || Fix this error in simplest way
QuickBooks Error 6130 is basically occurring at the time of open your company file. The main reason behind this QuickBooks Error code 6130 is “When you open your company files then QuickBooks find your company files on the located path, if QuickBooks get any difficulty to reach the QuickBooks company file then it shows the Error 6130 on your computer screen”. This Error is mostly seen when you are using the QuickBooks in multiuser mode. If you want to view the path of your company file then you need to press the F2 key from your keyword the see the information of your QuickBooks software. In the File information, you can check the location of your company file. If QuickBooks finds any difficulty accessing your company file then it shows the error 6130 message on your screens. Sometimes you get this error code due to corruption in your company file. Below you will get to see what are the factor that are affecting the QuickBooks Error 6130 and what should you do to fix the error.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
Causes of QuickBooks error 6130
- This error can occur when your hosted company file gets corrupted.
- It occurs when you try to access the company file with the help of Old version QuickBooks workstation while this file is generated by the new version of Quickbook.
- When your QuickBooks Data and Program files get damaged.
- If the name of the computer where your data files are hosted has been changed.
- When your QuickBooks doesn’t configure with the hosted network.
- Your operating system firewall prevents your Quickbooks software to access from the network ports.
- When you use the older version of the window then it causes the QuickBooks error 6130.
- If the QuickBooks database service is not running on the server then it shows the QuickBooks error code 6130.
- When you store the backup directly from the flash drive then show the error code message.
- If the host computer has some problems in the network then you get the error message.
Before moving on the solution you must ensure these points
- First, you must have to check your QuickBooks server and the client’s workstation both have the latest release.
- When you are going to make any changes in your company file then you must have to take a backup of your company file so your company file will be saved for a longer time.
- Before doing anything you must have to check your windows operating system is up to date or not.
- Then you need to take the help of QuickBooks file doctor on server and client workstation because it fixes the small issues. If you still facing the QuickBooks error 6130 then you should move on to the below solutions.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6130
Solution 1- Rename the .ND and .TLF files.
- First, you need to open your “File Manager” and then navigate the QuickBooks installation folder.
- By default, the location of Quickbooks installation folder is C:>Users>Public Documents>Intuit>QuickBooks.
- Here you need to search for the name of your company file but the extension must be .ND and .TLG.
- Then you need the right click on the .ND file then you will get the Rename option then click on it then give the new name of the file and then add OLD.ND extension for example XXXOLD.ND.
- You need to do the same thing with .TLG file.
- Then save your file and take the exit from there and then open your QuickBooks again if you get the QuickBooks error 6130 the move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Creating a new Windows user
- First, you need to tap on the Windows Start icon.
- Then look above the shutdown button and then choose the “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the User account.
- After that, you must have to choose “Create New User”.
- Now you need to make sure the select “Administrator” from the User Type.
- Then click on Logout from the current user.
- After that, restart your computer system to restart your saved settings.
- Now you must have to log in with a newly created user account.
- Here you need to move your company file on the desktop.
- Then you need to Open your QuickBooks and then access your company from the desktop.
Solution 3- Restart your QB Database service on the server
- First, you need to login to your server computer system.
- Then press the “Windows + R” keys from the computer to open the Run command window.
- After that, you need to type Services.ms.
- You will receive a list of services here you need to search for QuickBooksDBXX service,(the XX show the version of Quickbooks Desktop software).
- Then you need to select all the services and then tap “Start” which is situated from your left side.
- Now you need to open QuickBooks file if you got any issue then move on to the next solution.
Solution 4- Move your company file into the local hard drive
- First, you need to move your server file into the local C drive.
- Go into the C drive and open this file in the QuickBooks.
- You need to create a portable file so you need to save it in C drive.
- Then you need to close your company file.
- Go into the C drive and then restore the Quickbooks portable file and then save it on the server.
- Now close your company file.
- Then go into the server and then open the company file.
Solution 5- Change the Attribute of QB Company File
- First thing you need to do is navigate the QB installation directory then right-click on the company file.
- Then you just have to choose the “Property” and then uncheck the “Read-only” checkbox.
- Before taking exit don’t forget to click on the “Apply” and “Ok” button.
- Then try to open your Quickbooks Desktop application.
Solution 6- Doing a clean installation of Quickbooks desktop
If your problem doesn’t solve from the above solution then you must have to reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop on your client workstation. But you need to carefully fill all the information at the time of installation.
Steps to Uninstall the Quickbooks software.
Step 1: Firstly, Press the Window + R simultaneously from your keyboard.
Step 2: After that, you need to type appwiz.cpl in the small search box and then hit the Enter from your keyboard.
Step 3: Then search your QuickBooks software from the list and then right-click on it and Uninstall the Quickbooks software and then reinstall the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks error 6130 arises when you try to access your company file which is hosted on the server. This error is occurring due to missing of company file on the server for any reason. You can solve this problem by implementing the above solutions.