- December 13, 2019
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks error 502 error occurs when one server received an invalid response from the other server. As you know already every web-browser has its cache memory whenever you search for any page on web-browser then the data of search saves in the web-browser’s cache memory.
When you next time visits the same page then it loads faster than last time it just happens because the of already visited website saved in your browser so it loads faster than usual time. If you don’t clear your browser cache regularly then it becomes full and shows the QuickBooks error 502 Bad Gateway on your computer screen.
You can get rid of this error by simply clear the cache file of your web-browser, But sometimes you need to use some additional error solving methods to fix the error, QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway error affect the QuickBooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online both. It can occur when you are working on QuickBooks payroll or when you are logging into the QuickBooks.
In this blog, you will get to know about the solution of error code 502 and what is the reason which helps to arise this error code.
Where you may face 502 Gateway error message
- You may face this error when you’re entering into the QuickBooks software.
- This error can appear on your screen when you are using the Payroll.
- That are many chances of occurring this error at the time of view and download the form on the web-browser.
- You also get this error when you are updating the QuickBooks online Desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Gateway error 502
There are many reasons which can cause the Quickbooks Bad Gateway error 502 some of them are given below.
- When you don’t clear your browsing history for a long period of time.
- When Trojan infection gives harm to the browser’s internal files.
- When you don’t add Intuit’s website as a trusted website into your browser.
- That may be possible your QuickBooks software cache memory is full.
- If you make any changes into the web browser setting for example- turned of your scripting.
QuickBooks error 502 solutions list
QuickBooks Error code 502 is very easy to remove from your computer only you need to clear your cache memory of your browser as well as QuickBooks software. But sometimes this error becomes more complex to remove then you need to apply some different solutions which are given below:
Solution 1: Delete The Cache And Cookies Of Your Browser
For Google Chrome User:
- first, you need to double click on the Google Chrome icon.
- Then take your cursor to the upper right corner click on the vertical three dots.
- Now you have to click on the “More Tools” and then choose “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Here you need to tap on the “Time Range” dropdown list and select the “All time”.
- Now you have to enable the given checkboxes.
- Browsing History
- Other sites Data
- Cached images and Files
- After clicking on the checkbox press the “Clear Data” button from your keyboard.
For Firefox User:
- Double-tap on the Firefox icon.
- Move your cursor at the top right corner and click on the Horizontal “Three bars” and then choose the “Options”.
- Then you need to tap on the “Privacy and Security” tab and then enable the checkbox of “Cookies and Site Data” or “Cached Web Content”.
- After that, you need to press the “Clear” button with the help of your mouse.
For Internet Explorer Users:
- Firstly, Open your Internet Explorer, Then move your cursor on the top and then choose the “Tools” and then tap on the “Internet” option.
- after that go into the “General tab” and hit the “Delete” button.
- Here you need to enable the checkbox of “Temporary Internet Files” and “Cookies”.
- After selecting the checkbox hit the “Delete” button.
Solution 2: Clear the cache memory of QuickBooks
- The First you need to do is open your installed Quickbooks software.
- After that go inside the “help” tap and select the “Reset App Data”.
- Then you need you close your QuickBooks and restart your computer system.
Solution 3: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website into the Browser’s Settings
For Internet Explorer users:
- First, you need to open your installed “Internet Explorer”.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Tools” and then select the “Internet”.
- After that, navigate the path Security > Trusted website > Sites.
- Then a box will appear where you have to write the “*intuit.com”.
- Make sure you have unchecked the “Require server verification” checkbox.
- Now you need to save all changes by clicking “Add”>”Close”>”Ok”.
For Safari on Mac User:
- In the safari, web-browser open the “Intuit.com” official website.
- Here you need to choose to click on “Bookmarks” and then choose the “Add Bookmark”.
- Then select the drop-down list “Add This Page” and then choose the “Top Sites” and then choose the “Add” button.
- Now close your browser and restart your computer system and check still you are facing the Quickbooks error 502. If you are facing this error code then move on next solution.
Solution 4: Turn on the Scripting in the Internet Explorer
- First double click on the “Internet Explorer” icon.
- Next, you need to select the “Tools” and hit the click on the “Internet Explorer” icon.
- After that Go into the “Security” and then you need the select the “Internet” Icon.
- Now tap on the Custom Level and then enable it.
- To save all the customization hit the “Ok” button.
QuickBooks error 502 occurs when you are opening your QuickBooks or Payroll. The reason behind this error is when a server gets an invalid response from another server. However, this error also can occur when your cache file is full. You can resolve this error by clearing your cache files.