QuickBooks Error 502 || Step by Step Procedure To Fix Bad Gateway Error
QuickBooks error 502 error occurs when one server receives an invalid response from the other server. As you know already every web-browser has its cache memory whenever you search for any page on a web-browser then the data of the search saves in the web-browser’s cache memory. When you next visit the same page then it loads faster than last time it just happens because an already visited website is saved in your browser so it loads faster than the usual time. If you don’t clear your browser cache regularly then it becomes full and shows the QuickBooks error 502 Bad Gateway on your computer screen.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
You can get rid of this error by simply clearing the cache file of your web-browser, But sometimes you need to use some additional error solving methods to fix the error. QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway error affects the QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online both. It can occur when you are working on QuickBooks payroll or when you are logging into QuickBooks.
In this blog, you will get to know about the solution of error code 502 and what is the reason which helps to raise this error code.
Where you may face 502 Gateway error message
- You may face this error when you’re entering into the QuickBooks software.
- This error can appear on your screen when you are using the Payroll.
- That is many chances of occurring this error at the time of view and downloading the form on the web-browser.
- You also get this error when you are updating the QuickBooks Online Desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Gateway error 502
There are many reasons which can cause the QuickBooks Bad Gateway error 502 some of them are given below.
- When you don’t clear your browsing history for a long period of time.
- When Trojan infection gives harm to the browser’s internal files.
- When you don’t add Intuit’s website as a trusted website into your browser.
- That may be possible if your QuickBooks software cache memory is full.
- If you make any changes to the web browser setting for example- turn off your scripting.
QuickBooks Error 502 Solutions List
QuickBooks Error code 502 is very easy to remove from your computer only you need to clear your cache memory of your browser as well as QuickBooks software. But sometimes this error becomes more complex to remove then you need to apply some different solutions which are given below:
Solution 1: Delete The Cache And Cookies Of Your Browser
For Google Chrome User:
- First, you need to double click on the Google Chrome icon.
- Then take your cursor to the upper right corner and click on the vertical three dots.
- Now you have to click on the “More Tools” and then choose “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Here you need to tap on the “Time Range” dropdown list and select the “All time”.
- Now you have to enable the given checkboxes.
- Browsing History
- Other sites Data
- Cached images and Files
- After clicking on the checkbox press the “Clear Data” button from your keyboard.
For Firefox User:
- Double-tap on the Firefox icon.
- Move your cursor at the top right corner and click on the Horizontal “Three bars” and then choose the “Options”.
- Then you need to tap on the “Privacy and Security” tab and then enable the checkbox of “Cookies and Site Data” or “Cached Web Content”.
- After that, you need to press the “Clear” button with the help of your mouse.
For Internet Explorer Users:
- Firstly, Open your Internet Explorer, Then move your cursor on the top and then choose the “Tools” and then tap on the “Internet” option.
- after that go into the “General tab” and hit the “Delete” button.
- Here you need to enable the checkbox of “Temporary Internet Files” and “Cookies”.
- After selecting the checkbox hit the “Delete” button.
Solution 2: Clear the cache memory of QuickBooks
- To begin you need to do is open your installed QuickBooks software.
- After that go inside the “help” tap and select the “Reset App Data”.
- Then you need to close your QuickBooks and restart your computer system.
Solution 3: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website into the Browser’s Settings
For Internet Explorer users:
- First, you need to open your installed “Internet Explorer”.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Tools” and then select the “Internet”.
- After that, navigate the path Security > Trusted website > Sites.
- Then a box will appear where you have to write the “*intuit.com”.
- Make sure you have unchecked the “Require server verification” checkbox.
- Now you need to save all changes by clicking “Add”>”Close”>”Ok”.
For Safari on Mac User:
- In the safari, web-browsers open the “Intuit.com” official website.
- Here you need to choose to click on “Bookmarks” and then choose the “Add Bookmark”.
- Then select the drop-down list “Add This Page” and then choose the “Top Sites” and then choose the “Add” button.
- Now close your browser and restart your computer system and check that you are still facing the QuickBooks error 502. If you are facing this error code then move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Turn on the Scripting in the Internet Explorer
- First double click on the “Internet Explorer” icon.
- Next, you need to select the “Tools” and hit the click on the “Internet Explorer” icon.
- After that Go into the “Security” and then you need to select the “Internet” Icon.
- Now tap on the Custom Level and then enable it.
- To save all the customization hit the “Ok” button.
Note: In short, QuickBooks error 502 occurs when you are opening your QuickBooks or Payroll. The reason behind this error is when a server gets an invalid response from another server. However, this error also can occur when your cache file is full. You can resolve this error by clearing your cache files.
The Final Note
Hope by referring to our article you have successfully encountered QuickBooks Error 502. In case, you have to go through some complex issues while implementing our solution steps, no need to be worried at all, just join our QuickBooks community to get the support of our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number. We will deliver quality reflected services to our QuickBooks users, so join us without any hesitation.