- December 10, 2019
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks error 6010 is one of the installation error. This error occurs when you do any modification in the installation then QuickBooks unable to perform his task properly and QuickBooks shows the message of installation error code 6010 on your screen. However this is not only the reason for QuickBooks error code 6010 there are some other reasons for example- Firewall is disturbing QB, But Your installed Antivirus also is not allowing QuickBooks.
In this article you will get to know about what are the solution of Quickbooks error code 6010, what are symptoms, and Causes. If you want to get rid of this error permanently then you need to go in the root of this problem. Before moving on solutions you must know about what are the reason behind this error which is given below.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6010
These are the following symptoms which guide you. Your QB is facing QuickBooks error code 6010:
- When your QuickBooks encounter QuickBooks error 6010 then its shows a pop-up message on your screen with the error code name.
- When your Keyboard and mouse responding very slow as they work previously.
- When you open your QuickBooks your system freeze for a few time.
- You may face the problem of crashing the active problem and then your operating system advises you to restart your computer again to keep safe your system from any damage.
What is the factor that affects QuickBooks error 6010
- One of the biggest causes of Quickbooks error code 6010 is a modification in the QuickBooks at the time of installation.
- When your .ND and .TLG file is disconnected from the QuickBooks.
- When your Registry-optimizing application deleted your QuickBooks registry files.
- If you have installed the ESET NOD32 Antivirus into your system then it stopping the QuickBooks to access the Network and other important system resources.
- Note: Some of the antiviruses work with the internet and monitor your system that also can cause error code 6010 because it acts as a firewall.
- This error can occur when you are associate your computer stem with the multi-user.
- If your QB is not up to date then QuickBooks error 6010 might be encounter.
- You may face this error due to Registry cleaning programs.
A solution to fix QuickBooks error 6010
There are many ways to solve QuickBooks error 6010 and some of the solutions are given below.
Solution 1- Restart your QB Database server Manger
- First, you need to close your active database server manager then restart it once again scan your company file.
- Once you have done this then tap on the Start button and then go inside the All Program and open the QuickBooks.
- Here you have to right-click on the QuickBooks Database Server manager then tap on open.
- Once you opened the DB Manager here you have to choose the Scan folder.
- If you don’t get any folder here then click on Add folder.
- Then select the Scan button and scan all the files.
- After that, you need to open your file again. On the other hand, you have to open your Quickbooks software and then fill your’s sign-in information.
- Then check QuickBooks error 6010 is still persist. If yes then move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Restore QB company file
- Firstly go into the folder of QuickBooks company file.
- Here you have to search for .QBW file.
- When you get this file Right-click on it and then choose the copy option and you can do directly by pressing the (Ctrl +C) from the keyboard.
- Come back to your desktop and Paste the copied file here by simply pressing the Ctrl + V from the keyboard.
- After that hold, the Ctrl key from the keyboard then Opens your QuickBooks.
- Then it will show the message of No company file available then select the “Open or restore existing company” option.
- Have you remembered you pasted a file on your desktop now you have to navigate this file?
- If this solution doesn’t work for you then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3 Ending the QuickBooks Process
- Firstly you need to login to the server computer as an administrator.
- Now you need to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously.
- Then Windows Task Manager will open, here you have to click the Processes.
- Then the list of processes will open.
- Next, you have to right-click on (qbupdate.exe and QBDBMgr.exe) then choose the End Task option.
- If you don’t get the solution then move to next solution.
Solution 4: Rename QB .ND Files
- Firstly, navigate the folder which contains QuickBooks .ND files.
- Now click on that file which is encountering the QuickBooks error 6010.
- Once you get it, right-click on it and then choose the Rename option from the given option.
- Next, you have to add .old extension like-Xyz.nd.old.
- After that click on the QuickBooks icon and check you are facing the error or not. If yes then move to another solution.
Solution 5- Stoping Multi-user Hosting Access.
- First of all, you need to access your Quickbooks as an administrator.
- Go inside the File menu select the File.
- Next, go into the Utilities and select the “Stop hosting multi-user access” option.
- After that restart your QuickBooks again.
- Then go into the program setting and then turn off the Internet monitor feature then restart your system again.
- After that, open the QuickBooks and check the error is solved or not. If not move to the last solution.
Solution 6: Reinstall the QuickBooks
Note: First you need to try all the above solutions if they don’t work they apply this solution.
- First, you need to hover your mouse tollbar and select the click on the start icon.
- Now you have to look at the upper side of the shut-down button.
- Here you will get an option of Control panel then you have to go inside it by clicking on it. Then tap on the Uninstall a program.
- After that, a list of installed programs will open.
- Now you have to right-click on QuickBooks and choose the Uninstall.
- It will take a little bit of time to uninstall.
- Once you have completed this process then you need to download the QuickBooks and install the QuickBooks again.
QuickBooks error 6010 occurs when you make any changes at the time of installation. The solution of this error is to Restart your QuickBooks Database server manager otherwise reinstall your QuickBooks software that will remove all your errors.
Related QuickBooks Installation Error