Resolve QuickBooks Error -6073 -99001: QuickBooks Couldn’t Open Company File
QuickBooks error -6073 -99001 arrives when QuickBooks couldn’t open the company file, it might be opened by another user. The warning message of error code 6073 states that “QuickBooks is unable to open the company file”. This issue comes across all the 6000 series errors but the fixation methods are performed separately. Error code 6073 in QuickBooks can also occur due to hosting issues of company files through which a user is stuck to open a company file.
The usual definition of this error code -6073 -99001 is the user is trying to open the document that is already opened by another platform using a single mode.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073 99001
QuickBooks error code 6073 can be caused because of many reasons. Some of the most common reasons are given below:
- If the company file is being located in a read-only network folder.
- This error occurs if the records are hosted on a Linux server and are using multiple login details to sign in to the shared folder.
- The document is accessed using a remote operating system (GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, and more.) and the host system recognizes that the user is still logged on.
- If the file is open on another computer in the Single User environment.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6073
- System Windows runs sluggishly and responds very slowly to mouse or keyboard input commands.
- QuickBooks error code 6073 arrives and crashes all the active program windows.
- During this error, your system repeatedly crashes with Error 6073 when running the same program.
- When your system frequently “freezes” for a few moments at a time.
- “QuickBooks Error 6073” is displayed.
This 6073 error message can arise throughout the program installation process, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program (eg. QuickBooks) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or in fact, this error occurs during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Keeping an eye on when and where your 6073 error occurred, is an important part of the information in troubleshooting.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80
Solution To Fix QuickBooks Error 6073
Errors can be time-taking and may destroy your crucial data. So, you need to follow some easy steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6073 99001.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve QB Error 6073
Users can use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to fix QB errors like QuickBooks Error 6073.
Solutions 2: Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 manually
If the user opens the company file on another computer in Single User mode
- First of all, you have to close the QuickBooks Desktop on all the systems.
- Then simply, open the QuickBooks company file using the Host system.
- Now switch to the Multi-user environment from the file menu bar.
- In the end, if you will face the same issue, you need to reboot all the workstations.
If the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host system
- Firstly, you have to go to the File menu bar and choose Close company.
- Then, re-open the QB company file.
- Now, from the File menu bar, choose open or restore Company.
- After that, you need to open a company file and tap on Next.
- Lastly, select your QuickBooks company file. Choose an open file in a multi-user environment and Open.
If the QB company file is stored in a read-only network folder
- First of all, simply go to the system who is hosting your file.
- Then, open the folder where your QB company file is located.
- Now, right-click on the folder and choose Properties.
- After that, you need to go to the security tab and choose the user with login issues then click Edit.
- Lastly, simply choose to Allow > Apply > Ok.
If the QB computer is being accessed remotely through LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, and more
- Firstly, simply right-click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- Then, choose processes and review if there are running processes under the user name you are having problems with.
- In the end, restart your computer if you notice processes under that user.
Solution 3: The Network Data file is damaged or corrupted
- First of all, you have to right-click on the Start key and open Windows Explorer.
- Then, simply search for the folder with the QB company file.
- Now, right-click on the company file with Network Data and QuickBooks company file extension.
- After that, modify the file extension from to .ndold and press Enter.
- Now you need to open QuickBooks software and open the company file.
- Lastly, QuickBooks will create another Network data file for the company file.
Solution 4: The transaction log files and network data files are normally named as the hidden files
- First of all, you need to open My Computer, go to the tools menu and tap on the Folder Options.
- Then, simply go to the View tab and tap Show hidden files and folders.
- Now, you have to open the data folder to see network data files and transaction log files.
- After that, simply right-click on the network data file and choose properties.
- In the end, delete the Hidden option and tap Ok.
You may like to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
To conclude, QuickBooks error 6073 encountered when attempting to open the QuickBooks company file(.qbw) in the multi-user mode. The main reason behind this error is your company is already open to another pc in the single-user mode. You can solve this error by turning your company file in two multi-user modes. If the error still does not get fixed, then contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number.