- July 19, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you looking for the solution of QuickBooks error 1920? Do you want to how to fix this error? Are you confuse what is the best solution to resolve this error? Then, there is good news for you!!!
At Auditxpert, you will be able to resolve this error yourself. Here we are going to share solutions to fix this error easily. In fact, we also sharing its causes and symptoms.
So, just come with us and solve this error instantly.
But if you want any kind of help you can contact our QuickBooks error support phone number. Our QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor always ready to assist you.
Let’s move ahead…
We all know that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software for handling small and mid-sized businesses. This is a complete package of advanced and latest features. As a business owner, it is really helpful software. With the help of this, you can easily perform your various accounting tasks such as create invoices, printing checks and many more.
But sometimes QuickBooks does not work properly and create some technical errors QuickBooks error 1920 is one of them.
QuickBooks error 1920 normally shows up when the user attempts to install QuickBooks software or update it. The error may happen repeatedly, so it is very necessary for you to get it and resolve as soon as possible. It normally either freezes the computer or closes QuickBooks software automatically, disturbing the users. In this blog, we will discuss how to resolve QuickBooks error code 1920.
When QB Error 1920 appears, the following message is shown on your screen, “Error 1920 QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start”.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920
QuickBooks error 1920 appears due to QuickBooks Database Manager Server is not able to access a hard drive on your desktop in order to create a connection to QuickBooks company files. Some possible causes are listed below:-
- This error occurs due to invalid entries in your Windows Registry.
- The fault in your system operation.
- Some other causes that include, wrong, incomplete or failed installation or uninstallation of the QuickBooks software.
- If accidentally deleted or remove some necessary files in the system or Registry entry.
- Due to Error 1920, QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start.
- Because of the incorrect system shut down due to a power failure, etc.
- Error code 1920 also appears due to a virus, bug or malware attack.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 1920
To resolve this error you have to just follow the below-listed solutions very carefully.
Solution 1: Update your windows if it’s not updated
- First of all, you need to check if any security software is already installed on your system then you have to remove it.
- Then see firewall if in case the firewall is ON then simply turn it OFF.
- Now, ensure that when you are performing troubleshooting steps you are not running multiple programs on your system.
- In the end, if the Software was working with the security earlier then you should check whether the security setting is up to date or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of your QB Desktop company file
To change the name of the QB desktop company file installation folder, you must use Windows Explorer. With the help of Windows Explorer, you will be able to easily locate and rename each folder location that are listed for the version of Windows that you are using.
- First of all, you have to open the QB Desktop and then open your company file.
- Then simply press F2 or Ctrl+1 in succession to open the product description.
- After that write down the location of the QuickBooks company file that is listed in the file details.
- Now simply close the QuickBooks application.
- After that, you need to navigate them to the location of the QuickBooks company file
- Then, right-click on Windows start button and then choose file explorer ( for Windows 7,8 and 10)
- Now simply right-click on the file and choose the option rename.
- Lastly, type the new name for the QB company file and then press enter and tap on yes to confirm.
The folder locations that you should be renaming are mentioned below-
|For Windows 7, 8 and 10||For Window Vista|
|C:\Program Data\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Intuit|
|C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Intuit|
|C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Comon Files\Intuit|
Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks desktop in order to use the new company file name
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks software.
- Then, simply go to the QuickBooks file menu bar and from there you tap on the open or restore an existing company file.
- Now, you need to open a QB company file followed by tapping on Next.
- After that, simply choose a new name for the QB company file.
- In the end, tap on Open
Some Other Solutions
- To fix this error, you need to log in as an administrator
- You have to try rebooting your system.
- You can uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks application if the error persists.
- In case QuickBooks has previously been running with security software, make sure that it is compatible with QB and upgraded to an appropriate version.
QuickBooks error 1920 symptoms are you will get the continuous message of Database manager failed to start. This error mostly occurs when your Database unable to fetch the data of your hard drive into your computer system. To run the QuickBooks smoothly then the connection of the QB database must be work properly. You can solve this error by changing the name of your QuickBooks company file.