Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920: Service QB Database Manager (QBCFMonitorService) Failed To Start
QuickBooks error 1920 arrives while attempting to install or update QuickBooks Desktop. You’ll face this error message due to the QuickBooks Database manager being unable to connect with your company file or no longer able to access the hard drive of your desktop to generate a connection to the QuickBooks company files. When you get into this error, you’ll receive the following error message on your computer screen:
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
“Error 1920: Service QuickBooks Database Manager (QBCFMonitorService) failed to start”
Error 1920 occurs in QuickBooks due to multiple technical glitches or malfunctioning of applications. Before moving to follow the troubleshooting solutions, just read out its causes to know why this error occurs.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920
QuickBooks error 1920 appears due to the following possible causes are listed below:-
- Due to invalid entries in your Windows Registry.
- The fault in your system operation.
- Due to wrong, incomplete, or failed installation or uninstallation of the QuickBooks software.
- If accidentally deleted or removed some necessary files in the system or Registry entry.
- Due to incorrect system shut down due to a power failure, etc.
- Due to a virus, bug, or malware attack.
Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6144
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 1920
To resolve this error you have to just follow the below-listed solutions very carefully and by following their order shown here.
Solution 1: Update your windows if it’s not updated
- First check if any security software is already installed on your system, if you have then remove it.
- Check the firewall if in case the firewall is ON then simply turn it OFF.
- Now, ensure that when you are performing troubleshooting steps you are not running multiple programs on your system.
- In the end, if the Software was working with the security earlier then you should check whether the security setting is up to date or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of your QB Desktop company file
To change the name of the QB desktop company file installation folder, you must use Windows Explorer. With the help of Windows Explorer, you will be able to easily locate and rename each folder location that is listed for the version of Windows that you are using.
- First of all, you have to open the QB Desktop and then open your company file.
- Then simply press F2 or Ctrl+1 in succession to open the product description.
- After that write down the location of the QuickBooks company file that is listed in the file details.
- Now simply close the QuickBooks application.
- After that, you need to navigate them to the location of the QuickBooks company file
- Then, right-click on the Windows start button and then choose file explorer ( for Windows 7,8 and 10)
- Now simply right-click on the file and choose the option rename.
- Lastly, type the new name for the QB company file and then press enter and tap on yes to confirm.
The folder locations that you should be renaming are mentioned below-
|For Windows 7, 8 and 10
|For Window Vista
|C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
|C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
|C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
|C:\Program Files\Comon Files\Intuit
Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks desktop in order to use the new company file name
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks software.
- Then, simply go to the QuickBooks file menu bar and from there you tap on the open or restore an existing company file.
- Now, you need to open a QB company file followed by tapping on Next.
- After that, simply choose a new name for the QB company file.
- In the end, tap on Open
If the error is still unresolved, then following the below points might help you to fix your error 1920 in QuickBooks.
- To fix this error, you need to log in as an administrator
- You have to try rebooting your system.
- You can uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks application if the error persists.
- In case QuickBooks has previously been running with security software, make sure that it is compatible with QB and upgraded to an appropriate version.
You may also like: QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The Endmost Note
In Short, QuickBooks error 1920 occurs when your QuickBooks Database Manager is unable to fetch the data of your hard drive into your computer system. To run the QuickBooks smoothly, you have established a connection with the company file in the right format. You can solve this error by changing the name of your QuickBooks company file. If you’re still getting the same error, then contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors for other instant troubleshooting solutions that match the query.