QuickBooks Error 6000 77 – Remove Fastly and Quickly
As you already know QuickBooks is widely used to handle the Accouting and finance activities. This accounting software is fulfilled with n number of features that help your business to run more efficiently. Like other softwares, QuickBooks software also faces the issues of error and glitches. One of them is QuickBooks Error 6000 77. This error code is mostly seen at the time of accessing the company file. This error is mostly coming when your company files improperly placed in the folder.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
In this blog, you will get all the information related to the QuickBooks Error code 6000 77. Before moving on to the solution we must aware of why this error code 6000 77 occurs.
Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Below we have mentioned some causes which occur the QuickBooks error 6000 77:
- When you placed your company file in any other external storage then you may get this error code.
- If you don’t give the proper access permission to a folder in which your company files is stored. Then you can face the QuickBooks Error code 6000 77.
- If your company file is opened with a reference from a mapped drive at that time you also get the same error code.
- You are using the QuickBooks multi-user mode and you are unable to access the company file, in that case, it is maybe a communication issue.
- If you are not logged in your computer system as a system administrator.
- Your QuickBooks.ND and .TLG files get corrupted.
- When you are running your QuickBooks software in multi-user mode then the BitDefender security program can create the problem.
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 – Solutions
Some Quickly fix solutions
First, you need to close the QuickBooks software then right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then choose the option of “Run as Administrator”.
If you have placed your company file in some external storage in that case you need to place your company file locally.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor tool is an amazing tool which solves all the problem related to your company file
First, you need to download, install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
Solution 2: Renaming the QuickBooks .ND and .TLG files
- First thing you need to do is open the folder in which your company file is stored.
- Then you need to find the QuickBooks file which has .ND and .TLG extension.
- Once you get it. One by one right-click on the .ND and .TLG files then tap on the rename button.
- Here you need to add .old at the end of the file name and save it.
Solution 3: Setup the setting of the Firewall
- Sometimes, the Windows firewall makes a disturbance to access some important QuickBooks programs and files. But don’t worry we will help you to configure your firewall setting.
- First, you need to set up the firewall ports automatically with the help of the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Then, you have to set up a firewall manually.
- Next, you need to add the firewall port exception for QuickBooks software.
- After that, you have to make windows firewall exceptions for QuickBooks Programs.
Solution 4: Rebuild the Damaged folder
- firstly, create a folder inside the “C” drive.
- Then open a folder in which your company is stored.
- Copy the .qbw file by pressing the Ctrl + C from your keyboard.
- Then come back to your newly created folder and paste your .qbw file by pressing the Ctrl + V key from the keyboard.
- Then you have to configure the Windows access permission to share your company file.
- When every thigs is setup then you need to open your QB software and try to open your company file from the newly created folder.
Solution 5: Using the UNC path in the place of the mapped drive
- First, you need to right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and by holding the Ctrl key open your QuickBooks software as an administrator.
- Important:- Hold the Ctrl key until you get the no company file open window. The Ctrl button stops the QuickBooks to open the company file automatically.
- Then navigat this path “File”>”Open or Restore Company” > “Open Company File” > “Next”.
- After that, choose the “Network” from your left side.
- Now, you need to tell the location of your company file.
- Note: If you are unable to find your company file folder in that case you need to set the folder permission.
- At last, choose the company file and open it.
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is an encounter when you try to get access to your QuickBooks company file. The main reason behind Quickbooks Error code 6000 77 is your company file is improperly stored or it gets corrupted. One of the most effective ways to solve this error code is using the QuickBooks file doctor. This tool is designed to solve all the company file related problems. If you are unable to solve your problem with the help of this tool then you need to apply the above-given solutions.