- February 5, 2020
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 15222 is the most common error which you may face at the time of downloading the QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks updates. All the 15xxx series errors come when your QuickBooks software unable to make a connection to the internet. This can occur at any time when you are going to update any type of file. Lets’ take an example of QuickBooks payroll. It needs always an active internet to download the new updates so make sure you are using a good internet connection.
In this blog, you will get to know more about the QuickBooks Error code 15222. What are the symptoms, Causes, and Solutions of QuickBooks update error 15222?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15222
- When you try to download the payroll and new updates of the QB software then you will get QuickBooks Error 15222 message on your computer screen.
- When you try to visit the official site of the Intuit then you will get an internet connection error.
- If you are unable to perform any activity which needs an internet connection to run successfully.
- When you make changes in your QuickBooks Data but the new changes are not saving.
Causes of QuickBooks payroll error 15222
- Most of the time your installed Antispyware, antimalware, and anti-adware look your QuickBooks software as a thread. But, keep in your mind QuickBooks Error 15222 is not related to the Antivirus software but some of the antivirus QuickBooks as a thread.
- Every web-browser has its digital signature. If you are using any web-browser and your web-browser register digital signature is not working then you can face the QuickBooks Error code 15222.
- Your preinstalled internet explorer web browser must be your default browser otherwise you may get the error on your computer screen.
- You may face the QuickBooks desktop error 15222 when you are using the older version of the QuickBooks Software.
- Login into your computer system as an administrator.
- Check the current date and time of your computer system if it is wrong then you may get the QuickBooks update error 15222.
- Your Internet connection has low internet speed or your internet connection plan has been expired.
QuickBooks Error 15222 – Step-by-Step Solutions
Solution 1: Install the digital signature
- Firstly, you need to close the QuickBooks software completely otherwise you will not be able to see the “Digital Signature”.
- Then you need to follow the given path C:>Program>Files>Intuit>QuickBooks.
- Here you need to search for the “QBW32.exe” file.
- Once you get it then you need to “Right-click” on this file and go inside the “Properties”.
- Here you will get an option of “Digital Signature” tap on it, make sure you have ticked the signature list.
- Then go inside the “Details” option.
- After that, a new “Digital Signature Details” window will open, now you need to choose the “View Certificate” option.
- Here you need to go to the “Certificate” > “Install Certificate”.
- Once you have done this then tap the “Next” till it doesn’t display the “Finish” Tab.
- When you get the “Finish” button click on it and restart your pc.
- Now Open your installed QuickBooks software and try to download the payroll and new update of the QuickBooks software.
Solution 2: Make the Internet Explorer your default browser
- Open your pre-installed Internet Explorer.
- Then click on the gear icon which is situated on your right upper corner.
- Here you have to choose “Internet Options”.
- Then a new window will open where you need to go inside the “Program Tab”.
- Here you get an option of “Make Default” with internet explorer log, You need to click on it.
- To save all the custom setting select “Apply” and then “Ok” button.
Solution 3: Update these softwares
To resolve the QuickBooks Error 15222 you need to update your installed software for example- Antispyware, Anti-malware, Antivirus, and Anti-adware softwares.
Solution 4: Verify Internet Explorer settings:
- Check your Internet Explorer is your default browser if not then make it by following the above-given steps.
- Check the date and time of your computer system is up to date or not.
- Verify the Cipher Strength.
- Always make the setting of your Internet explorer should be updated by click on the Setting>Tool>Internet option.
QuickBooks Error 15222 is one of the update error because it occurs when you’re at the time of updating the QuickBooks and payroll activities. This error occurs when your internet connections are not working properly or your digital signature is missing. You can solve this error by applying the above-given solution.