Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222 (Update Error)- When Downloading QuickBooks Payroll Updates
QuickBooks Error 15222 occurs while updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update for a variety of reasons. A few of them are your antispyware, antimalware, or anti-adware count updates, or your internet explorer couldn’t able to register digital signature or function to register digital signature stopped working, the browser you’re working with is not a default browser.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
All the 15xxx series errors come when your QuickBooks software internet connection is interrupted or unable to connect with the internet. This can occur at any time when you are going to update any type of file. Lets’ take an example of QuickBooks payroll. It needs always active internet to download the new updates so make sure you are using a good internet connection. Start reading about QuickBooks update error 15222 without taking too much time.
Symptoms of Error 15222 in QuickBooks
- When you try to download the payroll and new updates of the QB software then you will get a QB error15222 message on your computer screen.
- When you try to visit the official site of Intuit then you will get an internet connection error.
- If you are unable to perform any activity which needs an internet connection to run successfully.
- When you make changes in your QuickBooks Data but the new changes are not saving.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15222
- Most of the time your installed Antispyware, antimalware, and anti-adware look your QuickBooks software as a thread. But, keep in your mind QB error 15222 is not related to the Antivirus software but some of the antivirus QuickBooks as a thread.
- Every web-browser has its digital signature. If you are using any web-browser and your web-browser register digital signature is not working then you can face the QuickBooks error code 15222.
- Your preinstalled internet explorer web browser must be your default browser otherwise you may get the error on your computer screen.
- You may face the QuickBooks desktop error 15222 when you are using the older version of the QuickBooks Software.
- Login into your computer system as an administrator.
- Check the current date and time of your computer system if it is wrong then you may get the QuickBooks update error 15222.
- Your Internet connection has low internet speed or your internet connection plan has been expired.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15222
Solution 1: Install the Digital Signature
- Firstly, you need to close the QuickBooks software completely otherwise you will not be able to see the “Digital Signature”.
- Then you need to follow the given path C:/Program/Files/Intuit/QuickBooks
- Here you need to search for the “QBW32.exe” file.
- Once you get it then you need to “Right-click” on this file and go inside the “Properties”.
- Here you will get an option of “Digital Signature” tap on it, make sure you have ticked the signature list.
- Then go inside the “Details” option.
- After that, a new “Digital Signature Details” window will open, now you need to choose the “View Certificate” option.
- Here you need to go to the “Certificate” > “Install Certificate”.
- Once you have done this then tap the “Next” till it doesn’t display the “Finish” Tab.
- When you get the “Finish” button click on it and restart your pc.
- Now Open your installed QuickBooks software and try to download the payroll and new update of the QuickBooks software.
Solution 2: Make Internet Explorer Your Default Browser
- Open your pre-installed Internet Explorer.
- Then click on the gear icon which is situated on your right upper corner.
- Here you have to choose “Internet Options”.
- Then a new window will open where you need to go inside the “Program Tab”.
- Here you get an option of “Make Default” with an internet explorer log, You need to click on it.
- To save all the custom settings select “Apply” and then the “Ok” button.
Solution 3: Update Security Software
To resolve the QuickBooks error 15222 you need to update your installed software for example- Antispyware, Anti-malware, Antivirus, and Anti-adware software.
Solution 4: Verify Internet Explorer settings:
- Check your Internet Explorer is your default browser if not then make it by following the above-given steps.
- Check the date and time of your computer system is up to date or not.
- Verify the Cipher Strength.
- Always make the setting of your Internet explorer should be updated by click on the Setting> Tool> Internet option.
In the short “QuickBooks Update Error 15222 is one of the update error because it occurs when you’re at the time of updating the QuickBooks and payroll activities. This error occurs when your internet connections are not working properly or your digital signature is missing. You can solve this error by applying the above-given solution”.
The Bottom Line
Hope now you’re working well on your QuickBooks software after fixing your QuickBooks error 15222 with our solutions. If the issue still not gone, or you’re worried about getting technical assistance, just hire our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors and keep yourself away from such kinds of QuickBooks issues i.e. QuickBooks 15XXX series errors.