- July 26, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Have you ever faced problems due to QuickBooks error 3140? Do want to know how to fix this error? Are you confused about why this error occurs and symptoms of this error? Then, there is no need to take the stress anymore.
Here, we are going to share complete information about QB error 3140 such as its causes, symptoms, and solutions. So, don’t waste your time and just come with us.
Let’s take a closer look and move ahead…
QuickBooks is famous for being the most effective and best accounting software beyond the world. Its capability to manage large inventory data and multiple user accounts is a big advantage of using QuickBooks software. But, sometimes this software also shows some errors that appear because of the different technical glitches. One such error is QuickBooks error 3140.
QuickBooks error code 3140 can occur throughout the program installation. While you are running the Intuit QuickBooks Software program. The error code 3140 conflict at the time of Starting or shutdown of the Windows.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 3140?
Here is a list of possible causes of QuickBooks error code 3140 is given below:-
- This error occurs when other programs maliciously or mistakenly remove files that are related to QuickBooks software.
- Due to QuickBooks download becomes corrupted or broken.
- Also occurs, if the installation process of the software is left unfinished, this error may occur.
- When you do some modifications in QuickBooks or related software and corruption happen.
- Error code 3140 also occurs because of the appearance of Malware, virus infection that may result in damaging company files of your Windows system or program files that are related to QuickBooks software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 3140
- Due to this error, Windows functions exceptionally and responds very slowly.
- All the active program’s windows crash while QB error 3140 happens.
- Your Windows crashes with QuickBooks error code 3140.
- The computer serves to freeze for a few seconds. This appears again and again.
- QB error code 3140, an error message shows up on your screen.
It is suggested for you to recognize and retain complete information on when and where and how you are facing such an error.
When a lot of programs run on your system, you may recognize a crash or stop. There can be many reasons for such a problem.
Now go through its solutions.
Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1328
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 3140
There are some easy solutions to fix QuickBooks error 3140 is listed below:-
Solution 1: Malware attack scan
Malware or virus attack is the most popular cause of occurring QuickBooks error code 3140. Therefore, we would suggest, you have to firstly try and scanning the computer for any potential malware attacks and repairing them, for your QuickBooks software to work properly. These malicious programs can affect QuickBooks software and deleting them is the first thing to try to do.
Solution 2: Cleaning the system using Disk Cleanup
Sometimes, storage of worthless files and folders. While surfing the Internet, several unnecessary files and media are saved in the computer, resulting in QuickBooks software slower and can not work properly.
Taking relieved of these files is another efficient method to fix QuickBooks error 3140 and QuickBooks is working properly for you.
A highly suggested method of cleaning this junk file and folders is to by using Disk Cleanup. To run this system (For desktop/ PC/ Windows):
- First of all, you need to tap the start button.
- Then, type “Command” (don’t press enter yet)
- Now, pressing CTRL+SHIFT on the keyboard, press ENTER.
- After that, a pop-up message would show, you have to tap on YES.
- Then, a black box would show with a blinking cursor, simply type “cleanmgr” and press ENTER.
- By performing this step, Disk Cleanup would start checking all the space you could recover by cleaning some unnecessary media.
- After that, a Disk Cleanup message box would show with checkboxes and choose the checkboxes you would want to clean.
- In the end, click on OK.
Now, your computer is free of undesired stuff.
Solution 3: PC Device Drivers
Frequently updating your system Device Drivers can help you to resolve QuickBooks error code 3140. DriverDoc updates all the system Device Drivers and this would support especially to resolve error code 3140.
When QB Error 3140 crashes the system or prevents running programs, users are often worried. They become even more confused when the system takes hours to restart. This error affects the work as well as the business process. Therefore, to avoid such problems, we suggest improving the speed of your system.
QuickBooks Error 3140 occurs when QuickBooks is unable to sync your data at the time of the downloading process of QuickBooks. This error can occur due to malware attacks. You can solve this error by scanning malware attack and you can also do the cleaning the system using the disk cleanup.