- July 25, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you looking for the solution QuickBooks Error 1328? Do you want to know what are the possible causes and symptoms of this error? If you will say “YES” then there is good news for you.
Here, we are going to discuss complete information about QB error 1328 such as its possible causes, symptoms, and solutions. So don’t waste your time anymore just come with us.
But before start troubleshooting, we have to know what exactly is this error and its causes.
What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
As we all know that QuickBooks is counted as the best accounting software that supports you arrange the transaction accounts of various companies and clients as well. Installing and updating QuickBooks software is a very easy task. But, you may get some errors while installing or updating QB software. This gets very confused sometimes with all the showing dialogue boxes and error messages.
QuickBooks Update Error 1328 is one of such error faced while updating QuickBooks Desktop and installing the updates. To fix the error, it is recommended to contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They give time-saving and useful solutions for the errors as they have been prepared for the same. In this blog, we will explain some of the methods to fix QuickBooks Error 1328.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks error 1328?
QuickBooks update error 1328 can happen because of the below-listed factors:
- If a system is infected with a trojan, virus, bugs or any malware.
- If there is some issue with the downloading process.
- This error occur when the system did not shut down correctly because of power failure.
- If QuickBooks program files are destroyed or have become infected.
- When your system is not working correctly.
- Error occurs due to installation files are incorrect.
- If Windows registry has unreasonable entries.
- If some issue has happened in the network
Symptoms of QuickBooks update error 1328
Below is a list of symptoms which can show when QuickBooks update error 1328 occurs:-
- Your QuickBooks software freezes or gets crashed repeatedly.
- Due to this error, the user is not able to update QB software.
- When QB update error 1328 occurs, the user fails to install or uninstall QuickBooks software.
- QB software takes a lot of time to answer mouse or keyboard inputs.
- The QuickBooks repair process can not be completed.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1328 displays on the system screen along with the error message.
- Your Windows becomes slow or crashes again and again.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install
You have to follow the below-listed steps:-
- Firstly, you need to check whether a clean install is a better choice for you than the basic reinstall. You should ever firstly take out basic reinstall, and if it does not work properly, do a clean install.
- Then, note down all the product details including license number also
- Now, you have to create a back up of your QB company file.
- After that, uninstall QuickBooks software.
- In this step, you need to download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- After this step re-installs QB software.
- In the end, verify whether QuickBooks Error Code 1328 is still occurring or not.
Method 2: Make use of QB Install
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks Install Tool and save it.
- Then, close all the applications or programs that are opened.
- Now, run the downloaded .exe file.
- After that, press the start scan key on the QB Install Tool.
- Then, restart your computer after the scan has completed.
- You may be required to re-register or activate QuickBooks software.
- Now, simply update your Windows.
- Lastly, restart your system and install QuickBooks software again.
Method 3: Find and rename config.msi file
- First of all, you need to go to the Start button on the left side of the screen and tap on it.
- Then, select to Explore.
- Now, simply open C: drive.
- After that, go to Tools and tap on it.
- In this step, you have to open Folder Options after that simply go to the tab named View.
- Under this tab, now choose Hidden files and folders.
- Then, select the option Show hidden files and folders.
- Now, choose Apply and then tap on the OK radio button.
- To make secured OS files visible, in the View tab, eliminate the marked against hiding protected OS files.
- Then you need to Choose Apply and then tap on the OK button.
- right-click on the config.msi file.
- Select rename from the list that shows.
- Now, type .old at the end of the name of the file and press Enter key.
- The later renaming has been finished, you need to again make hidden the shielded OS files along with hidden files and folders.
- In the end, verify if you are receiving QuickBooks Error code 1328 or not.
Method 4: Repair registry, remove malware and use System File Checker tool
Simply follow the below-listed steps:-
- Firstly, you need to repair the Windows registry entries related to QB software with the help of a registry repair tool.
- Then, run the anti-malware scan and get your system free from any malware.
- Now, clean your system by eliminating all the junk files and folders.
- After that, uninstall old device drivers from your system.
- Now, use Windows Restore to undo modifications made newly to your system.
- You need to uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks software.
- Then, use the System File Checker Tool to repair system files.
- In the end, update your Windows to the latest release update.
Method 5: Repair QuickBooks
- First of all, you need to log in to your system with an administrate account.
- Then, go to Start and open the Control Panel.
- Now, simply open Programs and Features.
- After that, look for your QB software in the list of programs and select it.
- In this step, choose to uninstall or change.
- Check for the options – Repair – and tap on it in the QuickBooks installer.
- After the reconstruction process has finished, simply run QuickBooks so that the application gets used.
- Lastly, verify for QuickBooks Update Error 1328 is still appearing.
QuickBooks Error 1328 can come at the time of update, installation, repairing, and uninstalling. The main reason behind this error is you have installed the different version and you have put the license key of different version of QuickBooks. This error also can come due to .tmp files and config.msi folder are stooping to finish the update. You can solve this error by setting up the config.msi files.