How To Resolve Potential Data Issues In QuickBooks: Run Rebuild Utility & Verify Utility
Potential data issues in QuickBooks show error messages or unusual behavior while working on QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Enterprise. QuickBooks potential data issues are frequently occurring issues that can be fixed by running the Rebuild Utility and Verify Utility. This is the first method that works on your problem. Check out all the methods sequentially to resolve potential data issues. Let’s do it:
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
Steps to Resolve Potential Data Issues in QuickBooks
Check and implement all the steps on your PC by following their order placed here. These steps are:
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Utility
- Reach out to the QuickBooks utility menu, click on the Rebuild Data
- If you receive a message to back up your company file then hit the OK button
Note: There may be some chances that your computer displays QuickBooks is not responding, after you move your mouse cursor you will see, Rebuild is still running. Wait for it to complete.
- Hit the OK button when a message prompts Rebuild has completed and proceeded with the next solution.
Step 2: Run the Verify Utility
- Reach out to the QuickBooks File menu, click on Utilities, then Rebuild data
- Hit the OK button when a message prompts QuickBooks has detected no problem with your data. You’ll continue using your company file
- In case there might be some issues recognized by Verify Utility with your data, you need to prompt the Rebuild Now or View Errors. To do it now, just click on the Rebuild Now option.
Your suggested read: How to fix QuickBooks error 15276
Running Verify still populating errors?
It is very common to run the Rebuild function two or three times, as long as your error messages are changing without looping, this function will definitely work. Using the rebuild function repeatedly works as removing the knots of the rope. In several cases, the data is only able to eliminate some issues when others have been triggered.
When you think your file needs a trip with ER, just download the QuickBooks File Doctor
To download the QuickBooks File Doctor, just reach out to the Intuit official site and start downloading QuickBooks File Doctor to your PC. While downloading you must have to take care of these points defined below:
- Always download the most recent version of QuickBooks File Doctor whenever required to detect or diagnose the issues. Intuit has the policy to update all its software applications timely. If you have previously installed anything uninstall it and then perform a fresh install of the tool.
- When you’re ready to browse the file, just press two keys (Ctrl + A) together to recognize the issue needs to get triggered.
- 503 (QBO error)
- -14113, 0
- -6150, 1006
- “Database disk image is malformed”
- “Warning, no such table:schemaHistory”
If you found these unrecoverable errors that are listed above then you need to restore an older file from their backup or create a new file.
How to Restore a Backup Company File
While restoring, QuickBooks requires the backup company file (.qbb) for creating a new or fresh company file (.qbw). The point you must know before starting backup is if your backup company file present on your external device (USB or hosting device such as a box), at that moment you need to move it to the local drive first then start following the below steps:
- Open QuickBooks, then reach out to their File menu
- Click on Open or Restore Company
- Choose the Local backup option then hit Next
- Browse to find the backup company file on your PC. Your backup company file will appear in this format [Your company name].qbb.
- Pick a folder for saving the restored company file then click on Open. We advised picking a different folder to avoid overwriting the data.
Note: Don’t restore the backup in the same folder where your existing company file presents, if you did this, you’ll overwrite your data. To avoid overwriting, just rename either your existing company file or the backup to make it unique. In the other way, save the backup in separate folders.
- Click on the Save button. If you receive any message that probably says overwriting the data just pick the right backup option that fits best your needs. Don’t overwrite anything unless you require it.
- Now your new company file has been created, start working on it
You would like to read: How to fix QuickBooks Point of Sale errors in Windows 10
The Bottom Line
We hope now all your queries related to potential data issues have been sorted. If something is left to know from us or you’re facing technical glitches while executing the steps, don’t panic just drop a call on our helpline number to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for complete QuickBooks resolution. You can avail of our services anytime and from any location around the globe.