- August 10, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks error 6000 occurs at the time of opening the QuickBooks company file. This error mostly comes in three and four digits. There are several six thousand series error some of them are 6000 83, 6000 80, 6000 77, 6000 301, and 6000 832, etc. The main reason behind this error code is your QuickBooks .TLG and .QBW file is corrupted.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 6000?
QuickBooks error 6000 caused by several reasons including:
- This error occurs due to the QuickBooks installation process was corrupted and incomplete.
- If a firewall is anyhow blocking the connection between the two systems.
- If the.TLG file is damaged or corrupted and is lead to the QB Error 6000.
- Due to damaged company file with a .qbw extension.
- A system that is not the real server is hosting the company file.
- This error occurs because of the incorrect Network Set up.
- Whenever. ND file is not working correctly, this may cause error code 6000
- If the company file was corrupted or damaged, it can be the reason for occurring this error.
- There is a possibility that another user has logged in to the company file when you are working on a single-user environment.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000
Below is the list mentioned of symptoms of QuickBooks error 6000:-
- When the error message shows up on the screen as “Windows Installation Error Code 6000”.
- During the error, your system is in most cases “Freezes” again and again.
- Windows automatically runs too slowly and also reacts at a very slow speed to the mouse or keyboard input commands.
- Whenever the “QB Error 6000” is shown it damages all the active program window.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6000
There are some possible solution to fix QB error code 6000 are mentioned below:-
Solution 1: Start a Sample of the QuickBooks Company File
- First of all, you need to open the folder that holds the necessary company file.
- Then, with the use of the extension of.QBW, search the company file.
- Now, simply “Right-Tap” the file then tap on Copy.
- Then right-tap on the desktop and tap on “Paste”.
- After that, you have to open QuickBooks software you are directed automatically to the No Company Open window during the holding down the control key.
- Simply, take back a present company.
- In the end, search the company file you first copied, open it and then Navigate to the desktop.
Solution 2: Copy the QuickBooks File on the Desktop
- Firstly, you have to open the folder that holds the company file.
- Then, the 2nd step is to search the company file with the extension.QBW.
- Now, simply right-tap on the company file and then choose Copy. Move to the Desktop, right-tap on the desktop anywhere and then Paste.
- After that, during the holding down the control key, open QuickBooks software and the user is directed to the No Company Open Window.
- Lastly, tap to open the present company. Now simply go to the desktop and then you need to search the company file that you copied and open.
Solution 3: Recreate Damaged Folder to resolve Error Code 6000
- First of all, you need to create a new folder on your C:\drive.
- Then, you have to open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Now simply locate the .qbw file.
- After this, you have to right-tap the .qbw file and choose Copy.
- Now, simply open the new folder, and right-tap and choose Paste.
- Then, you have to set the access permissions for Windows to send the company files.
- In the final step, open QuickBooks Desktop and open the company file also from the new location.
Solution 4: Restart your system
By restarting your system, it will bring the system up from scratch and remove the present state of the software.
Solution 5: Rename.ND and.TLG files
- First of all, you have to find the files according to your company file with the same file name but with the different extensions.ND &.TLG
- Then, simply Right-tap on .nd and .tlg file and then select to Rename it. You must have to add the word “.old” after the file extension and then ensure to press enter.
You need to follow the below-listed steps to rename. ND and.TLG files to resolve the QB error code 6000:-
- Firstly, you have to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, make sure that re-scan the company file.
- Now, simply tap on start and choose all programs.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks software and tap on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, you need to tap on the Scan Folders tab and choose the Add Folder.
- Now, with the company files, otherwise, highlight the folder and tap Scan.
- Then ensure that the company file in issue always displays in the bottom box with the label of “QuickBooks company files found”.
- After that, attempt to open the file one more time.
- In the end, attempt to sign in to your company file after opening QuickBooks software. If the error is still continuing, then you need to follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Shut-Down all QuickBooks processes
- First of all, you have to login as an Administrator, on the server system.
- Then, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to take up the task manager
- Now, choose the users tab, display procedures for all users.
- After that, on each QuickBooks procedure highlight, then choose End Task.
- Lastly, you have to open the file in the “QuickBooks Multi-User Environment”.
Solution 7: Make usage of UNC path instead of a mapped drive
- Firstly, you need to right-tap the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Then simply press and hold the Ctrl key & choose Run as Administrator.
- Unless you have a company open window, hold down the Ctrl key.
- After that, QuickBooks Desktop avoids opening a company file when you hold down the Ctrl key.
- Now, tap open or restore the company file, From the File menu bar.
- In this step simply choose to open a company file and then tap on the next.
- Then, you need to tap Network, and in the left pane and go to the location of your company file.
- After that, by chance, you are not able to search the folder where the company file gets stored then in that situation set folders permission.
- In the end, choose the company file and then simply tap on Open.
QuickBooks error 6000 is a very common error that comes at the time of opening the company file. There is also some error that can cause the same error. The reason behind this error code is your firewall is blocking the connection. You can solve this error by copy the QuickBooks file on the desktop and Recreate the folder to resolve the QB error code 6000.