A Guide to Resolve XML Errors or XML Document Errors in QuickBooks
Do you know how to resolve XML Errors in QuickBooks? If you don’t then let’s start talking about it: You will face errors in XML documents while working with QuickBooks Point of Sale and this issue is referred to as QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error. To get to know more about it other than the article or in case of getting alternative solutions for the same query, then contact us.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
Usually, when error enters your system, you start receiving error prompts on your screen specifying:
- “There is an error in XML Document(0,0)”
- Error: “Process unable to access file C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml because it is previously used by another process.”
Possible Causes of XML Document Error
There are some other possibilities or causes that can occur error in an XML document are given below:
- When your SessionData.xml file has been damaged or disfigured
- Damaged or Corrupted QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Entitlement Client folder
Solutions to Resolve XML Errors in QuickBooks
Intuit offers two solutions to resolve XML errors in QuickBooks. In many cases, the very first solution completely resolved the problem or you may try to examine all to resolve XML Errors. To get the best results or you are unaware of the root causes then implement the solutions in the same sequence placed here.
Solution 1: Delete Files within the Entitlement Folder
- Press Windows + R key to open the search box from your keyboard
- Manually type Services.msc in the Search Field, then click on Enter
- Right-click on Intuit Entitlement Service vX (where X represents the highest number of versions that you can see), then choose Stop
- Quit or shut the window. You can also follow the steps to display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows
Note: To know about how to display files and folders or search for files using Windows, contact Intuit or IT professionals who help you to do this.
- Be sure to choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives, then click to clear the Hide protected system operating files checkbox
- Visit C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX from the left Window then delete all the files inside the folder.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
For repairing the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Installation check whether the Point of Sale is running or not, make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is not running then implement the steps for your Operating system. To repair an existing installation you need to go through the steps listed below:
- Press Windows+E to open the Computer Window from your keyboard
Note: If you are working with Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, click on the Computer tab.
- You can either click on Uninstall or Change the Program, you will directly visit the QB POS installation Window.
- Hit Next then click on Repair(In some versions of Windows it might say Repair to repair the QB POS).
- Choose your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale version then click either Uninstall or Change.
- Inside the QuickBooks Point of Sale installation Window, hit Next then click on the Repair radio button.
- Click on the Next one more time and then click on the Repair.
- Wait until the repairing process is completed successfully, then click on the Finish button to end the process.
- Run QuickBooks Point of Sale to check whether it is repaired or still the same.
Note: Repairing an existing QuickBooks Point of Sale installation helps in triggering errors that can occur while installing QB POS or using QB POS.
In case the repairing of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale will not work or the issue persists then you need to perform a clean reinstall for QB Desktop Point of Sale.
Also Read: How to Fix Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Solution 3: Perform a Clean Reinstallation for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Now the question arises “why do we need to perform clean reinstallation”? We need to perform this because clean reinstallation helps in resolving problems during installation or using the software. In the below section we have listed fewer steps for uninstalling or reinstalling the QuickBooks Point of Sale on your PC.
Point to be Noted: Before start executing the steps for a clean install, make sure you have fulfilled these all:1. Created a Backup of your Company File
2. Having QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale download file or your installation CD
3. Availability of License and Product Numbers
4. Need to sign in as Windows Administrator before start implementing the steps
5. The PC or laptop on which you are working is available to be restarted
Step 1. Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run Window from your computer keyboard
- Enter the “Control Panel” and then click on the OK button
- Click on the Programs and Features
Note: If the Control Panel will appear inside the Category View then click on Uninstall a Program
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 inside the list of programs then proceed to go either Uninstall or Change
- By following the on-screen prompts you will successfully do this process at the end
Step 2: Renaming of all QB Point of Sale Folders
If you are attempting to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop POS from the server computer or the computer where you have temporarily stored your POs data files then you need to copy the data folder of QB POS and paste it to the Desktop. Intuit recommends whenever you create a new file/folder from the old one use “OLD” or “NEW” at the end of the folder name so that you can easily recognize it without any ambiguity.
Here we have listed the set folder locations:
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Remove the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user:
- Choose Windows Start and then click on the Control Panel
- Pick User Accounts and then click on the Manage Another Account
- Click on the Continue inside the User Account Control Window
- Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click on the Delete the account
- Check whether the folder has been deleted or it still presents. When you are sure to be deleted then restart your computer
Step 3: Reinstall Point of Sale
Whatever you did in your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation process, you need to do the same to reinstall the QB POS. If you don’t remember yet what you have done before, check out the Intuit site where you get solutions for all your installation queries. To fix the issue, check out now.
Step 4: Restore your Company File
Note: If you are still unable to take a backup then restore the qbpos.db file present at the data folder pasted on your desktop.
- Click on your QuickBooks Point of Sale to open it, create a new company file with a separate name so that you can easily recognize it, and then restore the backup created
- Once the file gets restored, then you have to make sure that the file contains accurate data, verify the file, and then quit it. After a few seconds attempting to open it once again and check whether it is opened or not or has some errors. If it is reopened without an error issue just connect with other POS machines and connect with QuickBooks Desktop only if it is applicable.
- Register the QuickBooks Point of Sale one more time
Note: When QuickBooks Desktop and Point of Sale have shared some licensing files, ensure that you can still open QuickBooks Desktop and register if possible. Whenever you have attempted to remove/delete a data folder, firstly move the data of that folder to another separate folder such as Public Documents or Shared Documents, just don’t delete it so that you can use the data in the future anytime when it’s required.
The Bottom Line
Here we ended this process after providing three solutions offered by Intuit for the same query. Sometimes users facing minor internal issues while resolving POS XML Document error, at that moment they are seeking technical help to fix the query. If you need technical help, drop us a call on our helpline number.