QuickBooks loan manager Based on given information on the long-term liability & other current liability amounts. It is a useful tool that allows you to track loans and repayments with compounded interest and principal installments for a particular period. It allows creating installments for either the standard booked sum or extra installments. Users will also make payments for the frequently scheduled amount due or additional payment. But if you found that, it is not working properly then it must be a problem from your side.
The improper set up of loan manager in QuickBooks can deny you to access it, So it is most important to set up it in a proper way. Today in this article, we will know the set up procedure of QB loan manager. If you are finding issue in loan manager then read the article till the end to get the guide of set up process. And if you are to this then it must be informative article for your to manage loan. Let’s start the article;
QuickBooks Online loan manager allows decomposing every payment to correct amounts of principal & interest payable. Now you can easily set up and process monthly installment payments and adjust them If you missed a payment. In our blog, we discuss how to track the new and existing loans and also make the repayments, run some different scenarios for comparison on different loan choices.
How to Access QuickBooks Loan Manager
If you can utilize the QuickBooks loan manager before using this loan manager you get required to set up the side-by-side records and handler in QuickBooks Desktop.
Here are some points you can prepare the track loans in loan manager:
- Prepare the handler for the bank or Financial Institution issuing the credit, If none as of now exist.
- Then record the underlying credit sum as an opening equalization or as an exchange like diary passage, and also you can try to use the credit start date. On the off chance that installments have just been made against the advance, now you have to enter these as checks, bills, or diary sections.
- Setup an Expense sort represent fix installments and fees charges If you have none as of now exist.
- Creates security accounts if fundamental.
The Way to Set Up Loan in QuickBooks
Now, you can Setup the loans into QuickBooks using our following steps that are below:
- First, log in to your QuickBooks account, and go to the ‘Banking’ tab.
- Then it will display the loan manager in QuickBooks.
- You have to select Banking, loan manager from the menu.
- Now Click to Add a Loan and fill in all the needed details.
- From the account name dropdown list, you select the long-term liability account for the loan.
- From the ledger, the dropdown list selects the Payee option.
- Enter the Loan Origination Date.
- In the Next steps, Choose the weeks, months, or years and click on Next.
- Select the payment method and fill in the interest rate.
- Then Select the compounding Period.
- From the Payment account list, you have to choose a bank account.
- At last, Select the Interest Expense Accounts and Click to Finish Button.
To Record Payment in QuickBooks Loan Manager
You can save and manage the payment in QuickBooks loan manager easily. The various steps to record the payment in QuickBooks Online Loan Manager given below:
- From the Banking menu, you select the Loan Manager.
- Now Select the Add loan button.
- Filled the Account information of the advance and click to the Next option.
- Record Name: Loan account that you have already set up.
- Loan specialist: Dealer to which installments will be made.
- Beginning Date: Date from which the credit starts.
- Unique Amount: Full starting measure of the Credit.
- Terms: It time will take to refund the advance in full in weeks, months or years.
- Select the Credit card as the sort of record that you are including and squeeze the proceed.
- Next, save and close.
- Then record the advance in QuickBooks, attributing the total dollar adds up to the note payable record.
- You get currently prepared to include the credit in the advance manager to get this component in QuickBooks.
- Go to keeping the money drop-down menu situated in the best bar and you will see the advance manager.
- Now you filled all the required detail and click to finish button.
- Then all the information related to loans can be stored into a record.
Here you can also set up the escrow account in the QB loan manager by following the below procedure.
Escrow Account: The Escrow is a part of a loan that keeps your account by a third party until all the conditions of the loan are fulfilled. The escrow account is similar to QuickBooks Asset accounts that manage the Escrow portion of the loan payment. The account is primarily used to pay taxes and insurance.
To Setup the Escrow Accounts in QuickBooks:
- Firstly, you have to go to the list-menu and choose the Charts of Account.
- Then click to account option and select it.
- Select the other account type and then other current asset and select the continue button.
- Enter the name of the accounts in the account name section.
- Then at the description field, you enter a short note related to accounts.
- Select the save and close button.
How Helpful is QuickBooks Loan Manager
Any Loan required monthly payment and also includes the monthly compounded interest at a fixed rate, the monthly principal installment decreased the interest portion and also increased the principal portion that grows with each installments payment throughout the loan.
The loan manager calculates the amortization schedule and keeps track of the current due to installment as well as the outstanding loan balance. Anyone using QuickBooks does not have to calculate the correct allocation of interest and the principal reduction in every monthly payment. you also track every payment to the amortization schedule.
Scenarios Tools :
You have to select the What If scenarios Tool to see the effects of the repayment period and another payment amount, etc. Some points are:
- Firstly you have to choose the What is Scenarios option at the bottom of the QuickBooks loan manager screen.
- Now select the scenario dropdown and choose these two options- How much will I Pay with a New Loan? and the second option is to Judge/ Evaluate two new loans.
- Choose the loan dropdown and then select the loan to work with.
- Now you filled in the loan criteria and press calculate option to view the result.
- Select the Print option to print the results.
- At last, you select the OK button to close when you are completed.
QuickBooks Loan Manager is one of the most important features that help small and medium-sized businesses to keep track of their principal and interest amounts. While these are manually updated in QuickBooks with the help of journal entries. We had described the complete setup process of the loan manager in QuickBooks. We hope, you like it, and now have an idea about the QB loan manager. Still, if you have any issues or doubts regarding this article then you can get help from our QuickBooks ProAdvisor for a satisfactory response.