- June 22, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you looking for the solutions of QuickBooks has stopped working error? Are you tensed about the working of your QuickBooks software? DON’T WORRY!!!
We are here to help you because, At Auditxpert, you will get the solution of each and every error or problem which is related to QuickBooks even your business and accounting.
So, don’t worry about this error also here we are going to share a complete guide on QuickBooks has stopped working error. In which you will get the easiest solutions to fix this error. We ensure that after reading this guide you will be able to fix this error on your own even within minutes.
Now, take a closer look and understand all the circumstances…
QuickBooks is a very important software that is helping many traders to handle their expenses and accounts so far. But, even the best software sometimes produces defects and may have some sudden errors in them. Even then, there is nothing to fear about it. There are many manageable errors that may occur at the time you are preparing your transactions on Quickbooks software. These errors can be resolved out as easily as they appear.
QuickBooks has stopped working error is one of the most common errors that you may encounter during using QuickBooks software. Although most people will probably go into panic mode, there is definitely no need for it. Very often, This error occurs due to the slowing of your system or too much data saved in its primary drive.
Therefore, a few users may face QuickBooks won’t open while making a specific assignment. Therefore, it is generally set to be fully informed of the most recent version of the QuickBook that “QuickBook did not stop working” problem.
In this blog, we will explain the causes and symptoms of “QuickBooks has stopped working” issue. Moreover, we have simplified many solutions to resolve the error easily.
Causes of “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working” Error
There may be many reasons for this issue. Some of the possible causes are listed below:
- The given company name is so long so the QuickBooks is not responding to it and therefore QuickBooks has stopped working.
- Due to corrupted or destroyed QBWUSER.INI file.
- When the hard drive is damaged by your system.
- If the program’s files are corrupted or damaged.
- When QuickBooks Desktop stops working well.
- When you have a damaged or corrupted Windows operating system.
Symptoms of “QuickBooks stopped working”
The error that QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding can show with the following symptoms:-
- Your system console and the mouse will become slow and non-responsive and at times and just stop working.
- A pop-up message will show on your computer screen in the middle of your program and say ‘QuickBooks stopped working’ error, and ask you to wait while Windows conducts an examination to get to the root of the error.
- If your data has not already been saved, then your program will suddenly stop without any warning.
Some Important Points To Consider Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error
- First of all, you have to ensure that you have installed the latest available updates of QuickBooks Desktop software.
- The company file name should be less than 35 characters with including spaces.
- Turn off the antivirus protection on your system before executing QuickBooks software, and if this fixes your issue, then you have to eliminate QuickBooks software from your antivirus scan file.
- You need to ensure that to log in with an account that has the administrative permissions on Windows.
- Attempt to Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool. If the error continues and you are still unable to open QuickBooks then you need to follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
Methods to Fix “QuickBooks has stopped working” Error
Method 1: With the help of use QuickBooks system repair tool
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks repair tool on your system
- Then, you have to successfully save the file in a local folder in the desktop
- After that, shut down all the current open program and then simply start to install this tool
- Remember this process will take approximately 20 minutes to executes a scan in the whole device
- After the tool has fixed the program, then restart the console.
Method 2: Restart the device and turn off the anti-virus program for a short time period
- Firstly, you have to simply restart the device
- And check if the error still exists, then you need to turn off the anti-virus program.
- To know the procedure of how to tentatively turn off the anti-virus, you can contact the IT department.
Method 3: Assign a different name of the INI file.
- Renaming the QBWUSER.INI record removes the stays of your previously opened organization documents so that you have to reopen your organization file
- Now, change the name of the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
- If by following the above-listed steps the program starts again, try opening a test company file.
Method 4: Another method is re-installation using the clean install
- A user can also use this method, they have to do re-installation using QuickBooks clean install and fix QuickBooks stopped working windows 10 problem.
Method 5: Access the file from a new folder location
- First of all, you have to press key Windows + E together from the keyboard.
- Then you will see that a new window will open.
- Now, you need to find the company file with the .qbw extension.
- And once you get the company file, right-click on it and simply select Copy.
- After that, go to C: Drive and then make a new folder.
- Now give a name that folder as QBTEST.
- And simply open the QBTEST folder and paste the company file in this folder.
- Now, open QuickBooks by pressing the CTRL-key.
- Then select Open or Restore an Existing Company File.
- In the end, open the QBTEST folder and check if “QuickBooks is not responding”.
QuickBooks has stopped working is one of the common error and this error can occur at any time when you are using the QuickBooks software. If you set your company file name too long then the response time of your computer system increase then this error occurs. You can solve this error by setting up the sort tale name of your company file and you also use the QuickBooks System repair tool.