QuickBooks has stopped working is a very annoying and troublesome error that experience when attempting to open QuickBooks Desktop. Sometimes you’ll get into this error if you’re not working with the most recent version of QuickBooks. This error prompts you in the form of pop-ups but in several cases, there are no pop-up shows on your screen but your system instantly goes frozen. This is the indication of QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks not responding error. Let’s start discussing how to fix it:
List out the Common Issues of QuickBooks Desktop
Before going to discuss its causes and signs, you must be aware of some error issues, you may be experiencing while working with the QuickBooks Desktop.
|QuickBooks not working||QB not Responding||QuickBooks not opening||QB is not online|
|QB is not online||QuickBooks freezes||QB multi-user mode not working||QB unable to switch to multi-user mode|
|QuickBooks Backup Not working||QB won’t open||QuickBooks Backup not working||QuickBooks installation error|
|QuickBooks updating error||QuickBooks has stopped working||Sync Manager not working||QuickBooks stopped working in multi-user mode|
Main Causes of QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error
Error issues always arise due to some reasons. Take a look at the reasons why QB has stopped working enters your system.
- Might your company file will be too long so QuickBooks is not responding to it and therefore QuickBooks has stopped working.
- You might work with damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file
- Any damages in your program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation
- Having a corrupted hard drive
- Having damaged Windows operating system
- Conflicts between the running program
- Other installation errors
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 176109
Signs of QuickBooks Stopped Responding
When QuickBooks has stopped working error or won’t open error occurs you have to face these types of situations while working on your system.
- Your system automatically shuts and exits without any command
- Pop will show you again and again on your screen specifying “QuickBooks has stopped working” and ask you to wait while Windows conducts an examination to get to the root of the error
- Devices freezes and unresponsive on input commands(system console and mouse commands)
- Unable to open your QuickBooks software
- If your data has not already been saved, then your program will suddenly stop without any warning.
Some Important Points To Consider Before Troubleshooting This Error
- First of all, make sure you have installed the latest available updates of QuickBooks Desktop software
- The company file name should be less than 35 characters including spaces
- Turn off the antivirus protection on your system before executing QuickBooks software, and if this fixes your issue, then you have to eliminate QuickBooks software from your antivirus scan file
- You need to ensure that to log in with an account that has the administrative permissions on Windows.
- Attempt to Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool. If the error continues and you are still unable to open QuickBooks then you need to follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
How to Fix QuickBooks Not Responding or Won’t Open Error
QuickBooks has stopped working or stopped responding indicating the same. There are multiple possible reasons as well as solutions to fix this error. We advised you to follow the given instructions to get rid of the QuickBooks Desktop error.
- Start again your personal device either PC or Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Accounting software
There are some shortcut keys for opening the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Click on the Start then All Programs then right-click on QuickBooks
- Press Ctrl key then go to open QuickBooks software
Note: Your issue can be instantly by picking any of these solutions listed down.
Solution 1: Rename/Delete the INI file
- Renaming and Deleting the QBWUSER.INI file removes all the data and information stored in your list of recently opened organization documents so that you have to reopen your organization file
Press and hold the Windows + E key simultaneously to open the computer window from your keyboard.
1. Inside the Organize tab at the top left choose Folder and then search options
2. Choose the View tab
3. Click on the Advanced Settings>> Hidden files and folders>> Show hidden files and folders then click on the OK button
4. Visit to the My Computer >> C:drive >> C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks[year]
5. Right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file for Renaming and Deleting it
- Now, change the name of the QBWUSER.INI file or Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
- If by following the above-listed steps the program starts again, try opening a test company file.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall using a Clean Install
Many times the problem is with your QuickBooks installation so uninstalling QuickBooks and then installing it again from scratch might help you fix your QuickBooks not responding to the window 10 error issue, because not QuickBooks has the latest features that trigger intrusions.
Solution 3: Using QuickBooks System Repair tool
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks repair tool on your system
- Then, you have to successfully save the file in a local folder on the desktop
- After that, shut down all the current open program and then simply start to install this tool
- Remember this process will take approximately 20 minutes to executes a scan in the whole device
- After the tool has fixed the program, then restart the console.
Solution 4: Restart the device and temporarily inactive the Anti-virus program
- Firstly, you have to simply restart the device for closing all the background processes
- And check whether the error persists or not, then you need to turn off the antivirus program.
- To know the procedure of how to tentatively turn off the anti-virus, you can contact the IT department.
Solution 5: Access the file from a new folder location (if other files or company file do open)
In several cases, the folder you pick to save and store your files might corrupt or be destroyed. This is due to issues occurring in your system, fix it as early as you can by contacting IT professionals.
- First of all, you have to press key Windows + E together from the keyboard.
- Then you will see that a new window will open.
- Now, you need to find the company file with the .qbw extension.
- And once you get the company file, right-click on it and simply select Copy.
- After that, go to C: Drive and then make a new folder.
- Now give a name to that folder as QBTEST.
- And simply open the QBTEST folder and paste the company file in this folder.
- Now, open QuickBooks by pressing the CTRL-key.
- Then select Open or Restore an Existing Company File.
- In the end, open the QBTEST folder and check if “QuickBooks is not responding”.
Solution 6: If QuickBooks Stopped working after Windows 10 Update
If your QuickBooks has stopped working due to the update of Windows 10, try to install it as weary as possible. If you are unable to update it itself, you can either contact our professionals or read the manual tutorials to do the same.
- Visit your Control Panel and then click on the Windows Firewall
- Click on the Advanced Settings and then Outbound rules
- Hit the New Rule button, select the program checkbox and then tap on the OK button
- Now check This Program Path option and copying the address location of QuickBooks
- Pick Block the Connection and then it is up to you to click on the public, private, and domain checkbox
- Rename it and then click on the Finish to end it
Hope your query on QuickBooks has stopped working, or not responding has been resolved. But if the error issue still continues, Then get in touch with our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number and start getting other troubleshooting solutions.