How To Deal With QuickBooks Error h202: Complete Guide
Have you ever face problems due to QuickBooks error h202? Do you want to know the solutions to fix this error instantly? Are you willing to know its causes and symptoms? Then, don’t worry…
There is good news for you because today we are going to share complete information about QuickBooks error h202. You have to just read this blog completely and follow the given steps to fix this error.
Let’s move ahead…
QuickBooks H-Series errors are an unavoidable error due to internal or external technical errors. QuickBooks error H202 appears while the workstation unable to communicate with the company file and does not allow users to access the company file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error h202
Before start troubleshooting, you should know the reason behind the occurring of this error. So, firstly know the causes of QB error h202 which are listed below:-
- Error code h202 occurs when the QuickBooks communication is blocked by a Security software of a firewall.
- Due to incorrect QuickBooks file hosting configuration or set up.
- When the QuickBooks workstation is not able to ping the Host system (IP address is unreachable)
- QB Error Code H202 port not available
- Inoperative QuickBooks Services corrupted or damaged services components.
- If clash in Multiple Database Server Manager versions running at the same time.
- Due to conflicting QuickBooks Database Manager conflicts with DNS Server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error h202
QuickBooks h202 error can create the below-listed symptoms:-
- Due to this error, QuickBooks software may work slowly or freeze again and again.
- QuickBooks user is not able to switch to multiple-user mode.
- Because of this error, the user is not able to open a company file located on another system.
- Your system may become sluggish.
- QuickBooks error code h202 message shows up on the screen.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error h202
Solution 1: Ping the server
- First of all, you need to open the Run window in a workstation getting the QuickBooks error h202.
- Then, add CMD in the text field and tap on Ok.
- Now, from your workstation, you need to ping your server system.
- After that, to ping your server, you need to type ping_[servername] and then press the Enter key. Remember that, brackets used here around the name of the server system should not be used when you are actually doing this step.
- Perform the above-mentioned steps for all the workstations who is receiving the error.
- If in case, you are getting a slow reply, or if a loss of data is recognized, it means that there is some issue with the network and a repair is needed.
- Then, you have to go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Use QB File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is one of the useful and reliable tools which is provided by the Intuit. With the use of QuickBooks File Doctor, the user can diagnose and troubleshoot various types of QB errors including QuickBooks error code h202. To use this, you need to first download it from the official website of Intuit, and then, simply run it.
Solution 3: Install & run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, you have to go to the Windows Start menu and tap on it, on your server system.
- Then, type the word database, in the search field.
- Now, from the result list, tap on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After that, look for the folder in which company files stored. You can also find this folder easily by using search.
- Then, select this folder.
- Now you need to look for the Start Scan button and tap on it.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager fixes all Firewall permissions automatically.
- Let the scan complete its work and after this, simply tap the close button.
- Now open QuickBooks on all of the workstations where the error occurs.
- In the QuickBooks, go to the File menu bar and tap on it.
- Now, you need to Switch to multi-user mode and tap it.
- If you are able to use multi-user mode, it means you have successfully fixed QuickBooks error h202.
- But if the error still persists, you need to try the next solution.
Solution 4: Check QuickBooks services
If in case, the server is running a full version of QuickBooks, you have to follow the below-listed steps and start multi-user hosting mode:-
- Firstly, you need to open QB, on the server system.
- Then, go to File > utilities.
- Now, search host multi-user access and select it.
To check the running status of QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitorService on the server system, you need to follow these given steps:-
- First of all, you have to go to the running window.
- Then, put services.MSC in the text area and tao on Ok.
- Now, select QuickBooksDBXX from the list which shows on tapping Ok in the previous step.
- Here, simply look for the Startup type.
- Then, verify if it is automatic, if not do this.
- Now, look for service status.
- After that, verify if it is running or started.
- It is is not running, make it running.
- Now, go to the recovery tab and tap on it.
- In this step, go to the drop-down menus firstly, 2nd and subsequent failures.
- For all of these, choose to restart the service option.
- Now, select apply.
- Then, tap on Ok.
- In the end, you need to follow all the above-discussed steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 5: Add QuickBooks services- QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitorService to the admin group
On the server system, QuickBooks services:- QBCFMonitorService & QuickBooksDBXX
These two QB services must have the Windows admin permissions. But if they don’t have these permissions then you need to ensure that they have it. After giving these permissions to these two QB services can fix QuickBooks error code h202.
Solution 6: Configure settings of the firewall
A firewall can block data exchange between QuickBooks and servers. Follow the below-listed steps to configure the firewall settings on the server so that communication between QuickBooks and the server is not interrupted: –
- Firstly, you need to make exceptions to the firewall.
- Then, perform modification to permissions in firewall and after that open QB on all of the workstations.
- Lastly, select the switch to a multi-user environment under the file menu.
Solution 7: Move to Windows host file and add server
- Firstly, you need to close the QB.
- Then, go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server system.
- Now, double-tap on the host’s file.
- After that, When asked for a program, select Notepad.
- Now, you need to enter the IP address then the name of the system. For the server, enter the IP address of the workstation and name of the system. For a workstation, enter the IP of the server and name of the system to the separate name of computer and IP address, press Tab key on your keyboard instead of the space bar.
- In the end, review for QuickBooks error code h202 via opening QuickBooks in a multi-user environment.
Solution 8: Create a new folder for the QuickBooks company file
- First of all, create a new folder on the server system.
- Then, change the permissions so that this new folder and QB company files can be shared.
- Now, copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- After that, open the QB company file, in the multi-user mode.
- In the end, check if QuickBooks error code h202 still occurring on opening QB company file in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Error h202 occurs when you try to access the hosted company file on the server. The copy of the company file is not reachable by the QuickBooks then it shows the QB error code h202. You can solve this error by ping the server for more information read the above solutions.