QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006 prompts when QuickBooks tries to create, open, or use the company files. When your computer system is affected due to this error your Windows will crash and start concurrently showing an error message on the computer screen. This error issue has multiple possible causes that you’ll know from the below section.
Error code 6150, -1006 in QuickBooks means your company file is having some issues that need to be repaired. During this error, when you forcefully tried to open your corrupted company files your computer windows will be crashed instantly and the file will not open until the issue gets resolved. Are you familiar with how to appear on your screen?. If “no” then check out the below screenshot.
ERROR MESSAGE: “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open the company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006). To fix this issue later, click on the Cancel button”. It will be represented in the below screenshot:
Let us get started on what to do if you see this in QuickBooks Desktop and what are its reasons and indications. Know all from here by scrolling down to the bottom so you can move back to your business.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006
Note: The main reason that causes the error 6150, -1006 is the file you are attempting to access on the damaged platform. This error also pops when attempting to restore data from the corrupted drive. The frequently occurring two error codes inside 6150 error are 6150, 1006 and 6150, 1004.
There are a couple of reasons that cause this error issue. Let our team help you to figure out the reasons.
- Due to damage or corruption to the QuickBooks Installation
- When attempting to open a portable file without using software to open it
- Company files are infected or damaged due to virus or malware attacks
- Another program has deleted the QuickBooks related files mistakenly
- Internal damages made to QuickBooks software
- When trying to save QuickBooks mac files in QuickBooks Windows version
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006
Note: The Error 6150, -1006 prompts while program installation, during Intuit Inc. related software running, Windows startups or shut down, and at last during Windows OS installation. Be sure about when and where this error pops is valuable information to resolve the issue in very little time.
There are multiple indications describing your system is affected by QB error 6150, -1006. To learn more, contact us.
- Your computer frequently crashes while running the same program
- Sluggish reactions on input commands(mouse and keyboard)
- QuickBooks Error 6150 error popups
- Your computer goes frozen
- The company file is unable to open on another device
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006
If you receive error 6150, -1006, then we advise you to fix it with the below steps by following the same sequence shown here.
Step 1: Check for CryptoWall
There is very little probability of the CryptoWall virus and other malicious software causing Error -6150,-1006 and preventing you from opening QuickBooks.
If you think so that it can be then follow up the below steps to a quick check it:
- To begin, click on the Windows Start Menu to open it
- Manually Type “File Explorer” into search and then open File Explorer
- Search for and click on your QuickBooks folder to open it. You will get inside your C: drive.
- Now seek for files containing words like “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
If you are unable to get any files that suit this description, means that your computer works well. And be ready to move on to Step 2.
If you get a file that suits the description then contact your Antivirus provider to get help in order to fix the CryptoWall virus immediately. By contacting Intuit you might get documentation from Norton and McAfee. Don’t move to follow step 2 until you resolve your virus issues.
Point to be Noted: Intuit Data Services is unable to repair the affected company files.
Step 2: Restore a Backup Company File
If you have already created a backup of your company files(QBB), then use this functionality to restore your work otherwise follow the simple steps to create a backup of your company file. For those users who have recently done, follow the steps to restore from the backup company file so that you will not lose your work between your last backup and today’s backup.
Steps to restore a backup of your company file:
- Open QuickBooks then click on the file, along with that Open or Restore company
- Now it’s time to restore a backup copy and then click on the Next option
- A window opens asking Is the backup copy stored locally or online, choose the Local Backup option and then hit the Next option
- Choose the Location of the Company file backup. Once done then select the Backup option that can be available with .qbb extension
- Now click on the OK and Next option respectively
- Once you have successfully completed all the above-listed steps, pick a preferred location for saving the company file by selecting the Save-in option
- Manually give a new name to your new company file and check that your file is automatically saved in .qbw format or not. If yes then move to follow the next option
- Go to the next step, by clicking on the Next option
- In the end, you have to manually type Yes to give confirmation to the override process
Note: If the Error -6150,-1006 will not be shown after you restore your backup, everything is fixed.
If the error -6150,-1006 will be shown or unresolved move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Using Auto Data Recovery
- To begin, create a folder on your desktop and name it QB Test
- Go inside the Quickbooks folder and search the .tlg file
- When you get this file then copy this file and then paste into the newly created folder QB Test Folder
- Go into the company data folder and then click on QB Auto Data Recovery
- Open the QB text folder and then right-click on .QBW.adr file and then Rename it with a new name and .QBW extension
- You have to delete .adr from the end of the file name and then attempting to open QuickBooks software
- Now open your company file from the QB Test folder
- Click on the Utilities option from the File tab and then click on the verify data to check whether the issue presents or not
- If the issue ends then replace the company file inside the QuickBooks Data folder with the company file inside the QB Data folder
Step 4: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
It is a set of programs which is used to resolve some basic errors, it helps QuickBooks users by repairing their corrupt company file and it can do lots of things.
Other Helpful Articles:-
If you still wondering about QuickBooks error 6150, -1006 and don’t know what to do now? Don’t get worried, just contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors to get help through the toll-free number and start getting multiple solutions for the same query.