- November 11, 2019
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
When you open, creating, and working in your company file then you may face Quickbooks error code 6150. When your computer system effected by this error then your computer window will be crash and it will show the error code number.
When you try again then the Quickbooks again crash and show the Quickbooks error code 6150. Do not worry about it in this article we will discuss causes and some possible solutions to solve this error.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error
There is a list of reasons which can occur this error lets take an overview of listed reasons are below-
- The first reason behind this error is your company file is damaged. So you have to create a “Portable backup file”.
- Your Quickbooks installation does not properly do.
- You do not put the right extension of your company file (.QBW).
- Quickbooks can’t find your company file by mistake you have deleted your file otherwise any security application deleted your file.
- The computer using by you is infected by viruses and malware so that will corrupt the Windows system file and Quickbooks file.
- If you are trying to save to Macintosh file in the Quickbooks by using Windows then this error can occur.
- This is a very rare case, Quickbooks error code 6150 can occur due to CryptoWall.
Important:- There are some error codes that come in 6150 example- Error code 1006 and 01004.
How you can fix Quickbooks error code 6150
Solution 1 – Check your CryptoWall is safe or not
This error occurs in some cases when your computer system effected by the CrptoWall virus and other malicious. Below are some points to check your Crypotwall is safe or not if not then you will solve this error.
- Hover the mouse on Start and click on it.
- Then you will get a search box where you have to type “File Explorer”.
- Then search your Quickbooks folder(this folder mostly stored in C: drive).
- Now you have to find the “Decrypt.html/.txt” file or “Instuction.txt/.html” file.
- If you do not get these files then your computer system is absolutely safe after that move on the next solution.
- If you found these files then contact your antivirus provider and then ask for help to remove the CryptoWall virus.
Solution 2 – Take a restore back of your company file
- first, you need to login to Quickbooks application then click on File > Restore Company File > Restore a backup copy > Next button.
- Then you have to click on checkbox the Local Backup and then click on Next.
- Here you have to navigate the backup of your company file.
- Now you have to click the open button after that choose Next.
- From the drop-down list choose to Save in then provide the location where you want to save your company backup file.
- Now it will ask for your name then type the name of your company file and hit the save button.
Note: When you open the new backfile file inside the previous backup file the all of your content will be overwritten to avoid overwrite save your restore backup file with a new name.
Solution 3 – Using Auto Data Recovery-Remove the Quickbooks error code 6150
- first, you need to create a folder on your desktop and name it QB Test.
- Go into the Quickbooks folder and search .tlg file.
- When you get this file then copy this file and then paste into the newly created folder QB Test.
- Go into the company data folder and then click on QB Auto Data Recovery.
- Open the QB text folder and then right-click on .QBW.adr file and then rename it with a new name and .QBW extension.
- Here, open your company file.
- Then go inside your Quickbooks data folder and exchange the company file from the QB Test file.
Solution 4- Use Antivirus
Antivirus useful to remove virus from your computer most of the time it has been seen your Quickbooks application get some virus, as a result, Quickbooks stopped working to get rid of the virus then you need an antivirus. Install the Antivirus into the computer system and then scan your computer. If Antivirus catch any virus so it will remove automatically.
Solution 5-Take a help Quickbooks file doctor
It is a set of program which is used to resolve some basic errors, it helps Quickbooks user by repairing his corrupt company file and it can do lots of things.
This error can occur due to your company file is corrupt or Quickbooks is unable to access your company file. You can try the Quickbooks error code 6150 solutions to check your CryptoWall is safe or not, Take a restore back of your company file, etc.