- June 10, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Do you want to know to fix QuickBooks error code 20? What are the best solutions to resolve QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20? Then, you need to read this article completely and perform the below-listed solutions.
Here, we are going to discuss troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error code 20 and also provide you full information about this error such as its causes, symptoms and many more.
So, keep reading…
Printed related errors found with QuickBooks usually affect both the software as well as the printer. One such error is when the user experiences QuickBooks Error Code 20 which basically means Printer not activated. The main cause behind this error is that of system upgrade to Windows OS 10 / 8.
The QuickBooks Error Code 20 denies the user to print and more send the invoices and salary slips to respective individuals that cause more problems for them. The error can also be generated by other software installed on the computer that can have an important effect on QuickBooks.
“QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error code -20”. The error shows up on the screen whenever a user attempts to print a payslip, form or a pdf with the help of QuickBooks Desktop application.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 20
Let’s learn about the exact reasons why this error happens: –
- When the user does use of QuickBooks in a 64-bit form.
- When the user upgrades the PDF converter to the latest version with the help of windows update.
- Introducing QuickBooks 2018 or 2019 or any other version on the same computer system.
- When the user trying to install an operating system update by making use of the service given by Microsoft Windows.
- Windows has registry errors.
- Incomplete or defective installation of QuickBooks software.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 20: Printer Not Activated
Step-1: Registry Backup and Restore Point
- First of all, open your QuickBooks software and tap on the Registry Editor.
- Now, you have to tap on Export from the File menu bar and then save successfully.
- The later action is to form or generate a point of system restore.
- Now, from the start menu, view for the System Restore.
- As soon as you tap, an option to form a restore point will show.
- Now, tap on “Protection Settings” and allow them on your Local C Disk.
- Many times the function is disabled, then you must tao on Configure
- Lastly, use Apply All after making the adjustments in the Settings and then finally tap on OK.
STEP-2: Configure User Permissions
- Firstly, Hit Window and type “Regedit” in the search bar OK.
- Then, Right-Click on Regedit and choose to execute as Administrator.
- Now, Double-tap on the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder in the left Pan.
- Now, you need to Right-click on the Software folder in the pan and selection Permissions… option from the menu bar.
- Lastly, on the new window pops up, select “Full Control” to the “Users” if it is not enabled and tap OK.
Step-3: Configure Print Spooler Service
- First of all, Press the key Windows + R at the same time and type MSc in the Run Box that looks.
- Then, Right-Click on the Print Spooler Service from the services list and choose “Properties”.
- Now, stop the Print Spooler Service.
- From Startup Type dropdown, choose Automatic
- Now tap on the Start the service again.
- Lastly, try to print something or Store a PDF successfully, this should resolve “QuickBooks Printer not activated Error Code 20”
Step-4: Repair The QuickBooks PDF component QBprint.QB file
- Firstly, you need to open your Windows Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Then, choose QuickBooks from the list of the installed programs on your system.
- And now tap on Change and begin the repair process and follow the instruction carefully till the end.
- Then, restart your system after the QuickBooks Repair process complete.
- In the end, try to print something or Save a PDF, this should fix the error QuickBooks Error Code 20.
Step-5: Updating Windows and Reinstall QuickBooks from the Scratch
- First of all, open your Windows Control Panel and go to Programs and Features
- Then, note down your QuickBooks License and Product Number before you uninstall QuickBooks software.
- Now, choose QuickBooks from the list of installed programs on your system and choose Uninstall from the top.
- Then, you need to follow the expert’s instructions until QuickBooks Uninstall properly.
- Now, download and install the Windows Updates and restart your system.
- And then, Insert the installation CD or open the QuickBooks Installation folder to start the setting.
- Now, you have to follow the installation instructions to install QuickBooks software.
- After complete the QuickBooks Reinstallation process resolve a lot of QuickBooks Errors, now you should be able to print.
Step-6: Troubleshooting The Microsoft Document Writer – Windows Component
Microsoft Document Writer is a preinstalled Windows application that supports print to file. It allows Windows to help QuickBooks application to successfully save information in PDF. If Microsoft Document Writer is missing or corrupted, you may face problem in printing from QuickBooks on Windows 10 and found QuickBooks Printer not activated Error Code 20 as a result.
Follow the below-listed steps:-
- First of all, Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your system and choose the Open File Location option from the menu bar.
- Then, Go to the Temp folder and search for the folder that shows the version of your QuickBooks software.
- Now, open the Third Party Folder and then
- Place and double-tap on the exe file and let the installation finished.
- Now, you need to open QuickBooks once to register the license.
- In case of problems installing ABS PDF driver or if they stop responding, try installing once more time.
- In the end, once the installation process finishes try printing again to check QuickBooks Error Code 20 if resolved.
QuickBooks Error Code 20 usually comes at the time of printing checks with the help of printer and your printer is not working properly. This error affects the software as well as printer both. The meaning of this error is printer is not activated. The main reason behind this error is your system is up to date. You can solve this error by taking the registry backup and restore point.