- June 7, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you suffering from the QuickBooks error 80070057? Are you facing difficulties to open QuickBooks company files? Do you want to know how to fix QB error 80070057? If your answer is “YES”, then you need to read this entire blog.
QuickBooks Error 80070057 appears when the QuickBooks Accounts Manager builds the Company File in QuickBooks 2014, and when the user tries to open the same file and it does not open. Whenever you try to open the company file within QuickBooks 2014, it always shows up an error message that says that the company file was formed in the earlier version.
When you double-tap on the file, you will see an error message pop up, which is Error code 80070057 the parameter is incorrect. This type of error shows that the Manager is receiving QB Error 80070057 while opening the company file also shows that the Manager does not have sufficient permissions to read/write and create/delete the Company File.
Well, even if this appears, then don’t panic. You can take an easy, fast and effective solutions to resolve the error, which is by using the QuickBooks Recovery Tool. With its user-friendly and self-guiding characteristics, you can take help to perform the task to fix this error correctly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
There are several causes that can create the QuickBooks Error code 80070057. But most of them are associated with the communication problems with the company files across the network on a different system (Server or Host).
Some of the majorly known causes behind running QuickBooks Error 80070057 “the parameter is wrong or You do not have efficient rights”. Below given are some causes and you can correct them easily.
- Whenever the user trying to open the company file by double-tapping when you should be opening the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop
- The device/ system has some network issues when you are trying to open a company file stored in some other folder.
- The third-party firewall is not correctly applied.
- The antivirus used is Bit Defender that blocks the different ports when the data stores between devices. QuickBooks Desktop 2016, 2017, and 2018 use the database server running on the host system. This database service communicates via ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) respectively. Bit Defender blocks these ports via the default system.
Some Other Causes For QuickBooks Error 80070057
- This error also occurs due to the Network Data (.ND) that could be destroyed. This is a configuration file that saves the data related to QuickBooks Company File accessibility in a multi-user mode. The Network Data file (.ND) permits the program to identify the database server that it will use. If you transfer, delete or corrupt the file on the host or server system and the file becomes unreadable, you will move to the QuickBooks error 80070057. The error will happen every time you open the company file.
- When the user tries to direct open the company file from the shared folder and QuickBooks software cannot open the company files shared folder due to the QuickBooks server file permissions on the server or Host system. In fact, you should open the company files from within the QuickBooks Desktop Software If the error code 80070057 QuickBooks appears, even if the user attempt to open the company file from within the QuickBooks Network Data (.ND), as explained in the first section.
- Because of the wrong firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop might be preventing proper syncing with QuickBooks Database already on the host or server system which requires fixation.
- The generally used antivirus programs do block normal means. Likewise, QuickBooks network Ports are some other threats. The application Bitdefender Blocking QuickBooks is stated as the master of Antivirus Programs Blocking QuickBooks till the time the QuickBooks Exceptions for Antivirus are not permitted in the Antivirus program that you have installed on the system giving you the QB Error code 80070057. Antivirus programs blocking QuickBooks email is another usually appearing problem. The Anti-virus blocking QB starts to problems while sending Invoices from QuickBooks.
Solution To Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
First of all, install a fresh copy of the Network Data (.nd) configuration file in the company folder.
- You have to log off all the users and close QuickBooks software on all the systems.
- Now, Log in as Windows Administrator and browse to the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Then, Search for .nd that is associated with Company file having issues.
- Finally, once you get the file then either rename or delete it. As an outcome, the file is automatically generated in both cases. Furthermore, QuickBooks network data file will take new network settings to verify accessibility on the workstations.
First of all, open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the Server or the File Hosting system and again scan the company file folder.
- Then, search QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the Windows taskbar, and tap on the icon open it.
- If you notice that the company file folder is already listed – select Scan option or tap on Add Folder
- Now, you need to browse to the folder location and select the folder & choose it.
- Then, tap on scan simply as advised in the earlier step.
- The scan essentially reconfigures the QuickBooks File Sharing rights in order to make it available to all QuickBooks Workstations and does report the errors regarding Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks or if the Antivirus application Programs Blocking QuickBooks.
- Now, open the file from the host or server system and then from the system that showed up QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- If you don’t get the solution to your QuickBooks error 80070057 then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Perform clean install while uninstallation and reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
You have to simply download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and install it properly. Now run this tool.
- Firstly, permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication by configuring Bitdefender:
- Then, go to the Bitdefender 10.0 menu and select Antivirus.
- Now, you need to choose Custom Level.
- After this, choose the Exclude route from the scan.
- Next, you have to select the New Item.
- Finally, choose the mapped drive or UNC route which basically places the company file such as “Q:/”.
Note: Please hold the QuickBooks File Doctor window open for QuickBooks experts to take a look at. Lately, most of the steps may have to be done again and take extra time.
QuickBooks Error 80070057 occurs at the time when QB account manager builds the company file and simultaneously user try to open the same company file then QuickBooks pop up the error “80070057 Parameter is incorrect”. To solve this error you must have to scan the company file folder withh the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager.