QuickBooks error 80070057 displays an error message stating error 80070057: The parameter is incorrect when you’re attempting to open a QuickBooks company file but unable to open it. This error also states that the user doesn’t have enough rights to remove the particular file or folder. To access the company file without any interruption, you must have permission to read/write and create/remove. If any of the permission is revoked to the user, error 80070057 prompts again while doing the same task.
QB error 80070057 arrives when QuickBooks Accounts Manager builds the company file in QuickBooks 2014, and when the user tries to open the same file and it does not open. Whenever you try to open the company file within QuickBooks 2014, it always shows up an error message that says that the company file was formed in the earlier version.
When you double-tap on the file, you will see an error message pop up, which is Error code 80070057 the parameter is incorrect. This type of error shows that the Manager is receiving QB Error 80070057 while opening the company file also shows that the Manager does not have sufficient permissions to read/write and create/delete the Company File.
Well, even if this appears, then don’t panic. You can take easy, fast and effective solutions to resolve the error, which is by using the QuickBooks Recovery Tool. With its user-friendly and self-guiding characteristics, you can take help to perform the task to fix this error correctly.
You may like to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 392
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Below given are some causes and you can correct them easily.
- Whenever the user trying to open the company file by double-tapping when you should be opening the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop
- The device/ system has some network issues when you are trying to open a company file stored in some other folder.
- The third-party firewall is not correctly applied.
- The antivirus used is Bit Defender that blocks the different ports when the data stores between devices. QuickBooks Desktop 2016, 2017, and 2018 use the database server running on the host system. This database service communicates via ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) respectively. Bit Defender blocks these ports via the default system.
Some Other Causes For QuickBooks Error 80070057
- Due to destroyedNetwork Data (.ND)
- When the user tries to directly open the company file from the shared folder and QuickBooks software cannot open the company files shared folder due to the QuickBooks server file permissions on the server or Host system.
- Incorrect firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
- The Anti-virus blocking QB starts to have problems while sending Invoices from QuickBooks.
Solution To Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Solution 1: Installing .nd Files
Install a fresh copy of the Network Data (.nd) configuration file in the company folder.
- You have to log off all the users and close QuickBooks software on all the systems.
- Now, Log in as Windows Administrator and browse to the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Then, Search for .nd that is associated with Company file having issues.
- Finally, once you get the file then either rename or delete it. As an outcome, the file is automatically generated in both cases. Furthermore, QuickBooks network data file will take new network settings to verify accessibility on the workstations.
Solution 2 Using QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the Server or the File Hosting system and again scan the company file folder.
- Then, search QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the Windows taskbar, and tap on the icon to open it.
- If you notice that the company file folder is already listed – select Scan option or tap on Add Folder
- Now, you need to browse to the folder location and select the folder & choose it.
- Then, tap on the scan simply as advised in the earlier step.
- The scan essentially reconfigures the QuickBooks File Sharing rights in order to make it available to all QuickBooks Workstations and does report the errors regarding Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks or if the Antivirus application Programs Blocking QuickBooks.
- Now, open the file from the host or server system and then from the system that showed QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- If you don’t get the solution to your QuickBooks error 80070057 then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Perform clean install while uninstallation and reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
You have to simply download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and install it properly. Now run this tool.
Solution 5 Configure Bit Defender to Permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication by configuring Bitdefender:
- Then, go to the Bitdefender 10.0 menu and select Antivirus.
- Now, you need to choose Custom Level.
- After this, choose the Exclude route from the scan.
- Next, you have to select the New Item.
- Finally, choose the mapped drive or UNC route which basically places the company file such as “Q:/”.
Note: Please hold the QuickBooks File Doctor window open for QuickBooks experts to take a look at. Laterly, most of the steps may have to be done again and take extra time.
The Endmost Note
QuickBooks Error 80070057 occurs at the time when QB account manager builds the company file and simultaneously users try to open the same company file then QuickBooks pop up the error “80070057 Parameter is incorrect”. To solve this error you must have to scan the company file folder with the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If the error issue still continues after following all the above-solutions, then contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number.