QuickBooks error 77 is a company file issue in QuickBooks, which generally occurs during the accessing of QuickBooks company files. Sometimes this 77 error code appears with the 6 digit series in the form of 6000 77, 6189 77. If you are prompting with an error message like this, ‘We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered an error.” with the 6000 series error code then, stay connected with this tutorial. Today in this tutorial, you will get the opportunity to find out the reason, and solution to this error code.
Causes, & Solution to this QuickBooks Error 77
Here, we have given the causes, and solution to fix the error code :
Why QuickBooks Error Code 77 Occurs
There is not a particular reason behind this error there are a list of QuickBooks Error 6000-77 which is discussed below:-
- QuickBooks Error 77 occurs when your company files not hosted on the local/network drive while the file is hosted in external media.
- When you the QuickBooks in multi-user mode your computer Bit Defender application blocks the communication of the QuickBooks.
- You have given permission for an incorrect folder while your company is located on another folder.
- This error occurs when the company file doesn’t have required administrator rights
- When your company file opened with the help of referencing drive which is already mapped.
- You don’t properly installed the QuickBooks software and corrupt the registry.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 77
Below is a list of the QuickBooks Error 77 solutions you must have to follow the solution in ascending order.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- The First thing you need to do is download QuickBooks file doctor.
- When your download is finished then install the QuickBooks file doctor by double click on qbfd.exe file. Then follow the instruction and accept all the terms and conditions.
- When you install the QuickBooks File Doctor then you have to click on the “Finish and Start” then your QuickBooks File Doctor will open.
Using the drop-down list find your company file which is facing Quickbooks error code 77.
- If you do not get the option of your company file then you have to manually add your company file by clicking on the “Browse” button then choose the “Continue” option.
- Here you will get to see two option choose any one of them according to you-
File damage and Network connectivity:
This option will resolve both errors. If you get any 6000 series error then you can take the help of File damage and Network connectivity to repair the company file.
Network connectivity only:
When your company file having the issue related to the connectivity like your company file is opened in multi-user mode and you are getting the H series errors then you can select Network connectivity only.
- After selecting one of the options then you need to provide the Id and password and then press the “Next” button.
- Now you have to choose the option of Host/Server workstation.
Workstation:– The meaning of this option is your QuickBooks file in which you are facing problem is physically not stored in this machine.
Server:- This option is opposite to the Workstation in which your company file in which you are facing error is physically stored into the machine.
Single User:- If you are one of the single users then you must have to click the Server option.
- After that QuickBooks File Doctor will ask from you for the “Yes” or “No” option.
The meaning of “Yes” is your company file is hosted.
The meaning of “No” is your company file is not hosted.
- Then you have to wait till the QuickBooks File Doctor finishes the diagnosis and the waiting time will depend on the size of the company file.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND & .TLG File to .OLD File
- First, you need to visit your company file folder.
- Here you to find the .ND and .TLG files.
- One by one renames both files by adding the .old extension.
Solution 3: Scan the Company Files
- Move the cursor on the right side of your screen where you have to choose the “Start” button.
- Then into the search box, you need to type the “Command” do not press the enter button.
- Now you have to hold the Ctrl + Shift simultaneously and hit the “Enter”.
- After press the enter button you will get a pop message here you have to select the “Yes” button.
- after clicking the yes button then a black window will appear here you to write the “sfc/scannow” and then press the “Enter” button from the keyboard.
- Then the scanning of the file will begin and it will fix the issue.
Overall we found that QuickBooks error 77 occurs when QuickBooks unable to read your company file path. Thanks for reading the complete article. Hope you will like the article and can fix the error code with multiple solutions. Still, if you are not able to solve the problem with these multiple solutions then you can get help from a QuickBooks expert for an effective solution.