Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816 To Open Company File
QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 experience when multiple users are attempting to open the file in single-user mode. During this error, you’re no longer able to use and work with your company file. Once you’ll get QuickBooks error -6190, -816, you’re unable to open the company file on the host computer. No matter how fluently your software is running, it’s all about technical issues of your QuickBooks software due to forcefully doing the tasks.
Error code 6190 and 816 in QuickBooks also prompts when there are some discrepancies between the transaction file and the company file. In addition, any changes or modifications you did after getting the error will not be saved. Check below how QuickBooks error code 6176 and 816 will appear on your screen
Error Codes: (-6190, -816): ‘QuickBooks was unable to open the file (path) on host computer’.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
- The presence of a virus, bugs, or malware infection that has corrupted or damaged Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files.
- Due to the transaction log file (.TLG) file and the QuickBooks company file (.QBW) fails to match and this error occurs.
- If the QuickBooks company file is updated without updating the transaction log file (.TLG).
- This error also occurs when any other program maliciously or badly removed QuickBooks related files.
- When the QuickBooks software installation process is left incomplete or when the download becomes corrupt or damaged.
- Due to corruption in Windows Registry from a recent QuickBooks-related software change (install or uninstall).
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
- During this error, your system usually freezes for a couple of minutes or seconds again and again.
- At this time, the user is not able to access the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 happens and crashes all the active programs.
- QuickBooks error 6190 816 shows up on the system screen.
- Your system frequently crashes due to this error.
- Windows runs in an ungainly way and responds very slowly to users’ input commands.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
Solution 1: Run The QuickBooks File Doctor
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official website.
- Then, successfully save the .exe file on your Desktop.
- Now, double-click on the .exe file to access it on your system and simply install it.
- Don’t forget that, if you want to get used to the tool, you have to log in to your system as an Administrator.
- After that, you will see 2 choices being shown on your system screen: first is File damage and network connectivity and the second is Network connectivity only.
- Here, click on the Both file damage and network connectivity. This will identify any damaged or corrupt files who is related to QuickBooks software.
- Now, you have to type down your administrative password.
- The system will then ask you if the company is on a file workstation or server.
- After that, click on Yes if you are using the QuickBooks company file on your server and No if using from Workstation.
- In the end, click on the proceed button.
QuickBooks file doctor tool will quickly identify and resolve any kind of damaged file or corrupted file that is related to the QuickBooks software. This will be done so that it is able to work suitably next time. This tool also can resolve network errors.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot the Mismatch
In that case, there is a mismatch within the company file and transaction file, this method is excellent. In this situation, you will need to follow these below-listed steps:
- First of all, you have to open your folder in which the company file is stored.
- Now, see your transaction folder. Your transaction folder and company folder will have the same name but their extensions will be different. Here, we will have to recognize both the files by their extensions.
- Then, right-click on the company files and select to edit the name but ensure that you do not modify the extension of the file.
- In the same manner, edit the name of the transaction file but do not change its extension.
- Finally, close the QuickBooks and then open it once again.
Now, review if QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 are still occurring.
Solution 3: Check for Single User Mode
This solution is implemented when many users are trying to run the company file but your software is in a Single User environment.
- Firstly, every user should log out of their QuickBooks software accounts.
- Then, restart all the systems that are on the network.
- Now, you need to copy the company data file to the desktop screen of your computer.
- After that, transfer it back to its original position.
- Lastly, log-in to your QuickBooks account.
Solution 4: Make Use of QuickBooks Refresher
The QBRefresher tool is available from the official website of Intuit for download. This is an amazing tool and it runs through stopping all the background processes starting to the error. Program files are also refreshed by the QBRefresher tool.
- First of all, you need to download QBRefresher and save it on the system or in the download folder.
- Then, simply close QuickBooks software perfectly.
- Now, run the downloaded file.
- Then, the QBRefresher tool will run for approximately 30 sec.
- After operating the tool, you need to open QuickBooks software.
- In the end, check if QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 is still occurring or not.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Server System
If it is the situation that a user is hosting their own network, then multi-user mode network issues can be solved by just installing QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server system. Follow the below-listed steps:-
- Firstly, you need to download QBDSM on the server system and then simply install it.
- After that you have successfully installed QBDBSM, you need to go to the Start menu bar.
- Now, in the search area, you have to type the name: QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, open it.
- In this step, you need to update this database management tool to the latest version.
- Now, restart the server after the update process has completed properly.
- In the end, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop on all of the workstations and server systems.
Note: Keep in mind that if the QBDBSM is installed on the workspace, the workstation should not be set to host multiple users’ networks.
QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 occurs when your QuickBooks is unable to open the path of the host computer. This error can occur when your QBW file doesn’t get a match with the.TLG file. To solve this error, you can either use the QuickBooks Refresher tool or QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If the error still continues then advised to contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number.