- July 24, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Have you ever face QuickBooks errors such as QuickBooks error 6150 and want to know how to fix this error? Do you want to know what are the causes and symptoms of this error? If your answer is yes, then don’t take the stress anymore.
Here, we are going to discuss complete information about QuickBooks error 6150 like its causes, symptoms, and solutions. We ensure that after reading this blog, you will be able to fix this error yourself.
Let’s take a closer look…
As we all know that QuickBooks is counted as one of the best accounting software. We the help of QuickBooks you can perform all the accounting tasks such as create invoices, payroll, inventory management and many more.
But sometimes the user may face some technical error codes QuickBooks error 6150 is one of them.
Whenever you see yourself in a condition like this where you are unable to open your QuickBooks company file or even work it in many circumstances and if QB Error Code 6150 is shown on your system screen, you must know that this is when this type of error code appears. It is so necessary to resolve this so that it can be inhibited from happening again.
Causes of Occurring QuickBooks Error 6150
Here is a list of the reason behind the occurring QuickBooks error code 6150 is given below:-
- You have changed or by mistake typed Extension for QB file.
- If QuickBooks Window or Company file is corrupted or damaged. So, always make a portable backup file.
- This error also occurs due to QuickBooks installation is damaged or defective.
- If the QB company file is affected by any virus, bugs or malware.
- When users trying to Opening a portable file (.qbm) without opening QB software.
- QB error 6150 also occurs when the user trying to store a QuickBooks Macintosh file using QB for Windows.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150
QuickBooks Error code 6150 can arrive with the below-listed symptoms:-
- Windows runs very slowly and mouse or keyboard input commands respond slowly.
- Due to this error, your system crashes again and again when running the same program.
- QuickBooks Error 6150 is shown on your screen.
- Your computer stops for a few seconds at a time.
- Error 6150 arrives and crashes all the active program window.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
Solution 1: Beginning steps
- First of all check, in case the error message is connected to file extension of the QB company file, then view altering the file extension and saving the company file with a correct extension.
- Then, check that the QB company file is opening on another system.
- Now, re-install QuickBooks software if the file is not up-to-date.
- After that, successfully save ‘QuickBooks for Macintosh’ in Mac computer and not a Windows-based system and vice versa.
- In the end, make a proper antivirus update before opening the QB company file.
Many times, the error is not fixed using the above-mentioned steps. In such circumstances, try other ways that are mentioned below to resolve QuickBooks Error 6150. One of the methods mentioned below definitely helps you to fix your error. If in the situation, the problem still remains after using a method, you have to move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Check for virus and malware
In an unusual situation, a virus-like CryptoWall or any other malicious program may start to QB Error Code 6150 and stop a user from using QuickBooks software.
You have to follow the below-listed steps so that you can learn on how to proceed ahead:-
- Firstly, you have to go to the bottom left of the screen and tap on the Windows Start Menu bar.
- Then, type the words- File Explorer in the search field, and open it.
- Now, look for the QB folder and open it.
- After that, search for words – decrypt or instructions – in the company files.
If in the situation, you are not able to find the above files, your computer is subtle and you should move ahead to the next solution i.e., the solution no. 3.
If it is contrarily, you are expected to consult your antivirus software provider CryptoWall virus extraction. Don’t need to follow other solutions until you have got this set from your antivirus software provider.
Solution 3: Restore from backup
- First of all, you need to visit QuickBooks software and tap on the file. Next click on Open or Restore Company.
- Then, apply to Restore a backup copy and click on the Next.
- Now, select Local Backup and then tap on the Next key.
- After that, choose the location of QB Company file backup from the Look-In drop-down menu bar.
- Now, simply select the backup, it should be ready with .qbb extension.
- In this step, click on Open followed by the Next key.
- Now, you need to visit Save-in drop-down menu bar and search for a selected location to restore the company backup file.
- Then, type a new Company Filename, in the File-name field and verify that Save as filed should automatically save the restored file in .qbw extension format.
- In this step, simply tap on Yes.
- Lastly, type Yes to confirm the overwrite process.
Now, verify if Error 6150 is still occurring or not.
Solution 4: Make a new QuickBooks desktop file from scratch
- Firstly, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, on the No Company Open window, make a new Company.
- Now, visit the QuickBooks Setup Window and fill in the essential details.
- After that, tap on the Create Company.
- Finally, start working by creating customers, chart of account and services, etc.
After the above-mentioned steps, verify if QuickBooks Error 6150 is still appearing or not.
Solution 5: Make use of Auto Data Recovery
You can also fix this error with the help of a tool that is developed by Intuit and known as Auto Data Recovery Tool (ADR). This method is pretty lengthy and can also take a few days. Thus, while the method will take its time, you will be not able to use QuickBooks software. At this time, you can note down the accounting modification and easily set them in QuickBooks later on.
QuickBooks error 6150 is a file extension error when you have given the wrong extension to the file then QuickBooks unable to read the file then it shows the QuickBooks error code 6150. You can solve this error by giving the right extension to the file. If you want to change the extension of your QuickBooks file then follow the above points.