- July 18, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you facing QuickBooks error 6144? Do you want to know how to fix QB error 6144? Do you want to know the reasons for this error and its effects? If your answer is “YES” then you need to do just one thing…Read this blog completely.
Here, we are going to share complete information on QuickBooks error 6144 such as its causes, effects, and solutions.
Let’s take a closer look…
As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software. It is full of lots of advanced features and it works very efficiently but it doesn’t mean that they can’t generate errors. Users may also face some error such as QB error 6144.
QuickBooks error 6144 normally occurs when the QuickBooks company file, the one that is quite important for opening the software, gets damaged. This particular company being damaged is the accounting factor. So, damage like a company file is attached to produce an issue for the user while they try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
If we try to concentrate on how this kind of error can be corrected, in that, in detail, it can be said that we have to rename them.ND and.TLG files and once the files have been properly renamed, they get automatically scanned by QB Database Server, when a user tries to open the respective QuickBooks company file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144
There is a list of causes of QuickBooks error 6144.
- Harmful deletion of QB-related files generated by some other program.
- This error can also occur due to the incomplete installation process or corrupt download of QuickBooks software.
- A latest QuickBooks-related software modification can produce corruption in the Windows registry.
- If QuickBooks related programs files are infected by a virus or any malware.
- Due to corrupted or damaged Windows system files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144
- Due to this error, your system repeatedly “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
- Qb error code 6144 occurs and crashes all the current running program window.
- During this error, your system repeatedly crashes with Error 6144 while running the same program.
- “Quickbooks Error 6144” is shown on your screen.
- Your system Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard commands.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6144?
There are some possible solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6144. You have to just follow the below-listed steps:-
Step 1: Start Services
- First of all, you need to visit Start and click on Services.
- Then, from the services list, simply click on the QBCFMonitoringservice
- And verify that the services have started and are available in Automatic mode. If not then, you have to check the Radio buttons
- And lastly, tap on Apply and Ok.
Step 2: Change Account Type
- In this step, you have to visit the Control Panel and select the User Account.
- And then, simply click on Add/Remove User Account and tap on QBDserviceuser23 (if you are using QuickBooks version 2013)
- After this change Account Type by checking Administrator user.
Step 3: Create a new folder
In this step, first of all, you need to create a new folder by the name of QuickBooks and give the Read/Write options for all the created folders. You must need to create the below-listed folders in C Drive:
- Add System
- QB Data Service user23
- Add User
And also, attempt and give Read/Write permission to all the folders. Taping on Share will share these folders on all systems.
Step 4: Copy the QuickBooks Company File in New folder “QB”:
This file is corrupt or damage due to its size and therefore it is not opening in QuickBooks. Here the QuickBooks Company file is identified as “Get Back to Business”
In the C Drive: go to Users -> Public -> Public Documents -> Intuit -> QuickBooks -> Company Files and after following this path you will find that QuickBooks Company file. This is the default location of the QB Company file.
Simply apply Copy and Paste the file in New Folder “QB”. Do not cut – paste the company file as it may corrupt or damage the file.
Step 5: Verification of location
Here, you have to check that the QuickBooks Company File is copied at the selected location. For this, simply close the folder where you have copied that file and reopen it by following the same path as used in copying the file.
Step 6: Create Inbound and Outbound Firewall Rules
- Firstly, simply go to the Firewall and tap on Windows Firewall
- then, you need to go to the Advanced Settings is available on the left panel and go to Inbound Rules -> New Rule -> Port and press Next button.
Step 7: “Add Ports” to the new outbound rules
Step 8: Additional step
- First of all, you need to visit the Program and look for QuickBooks software.
- Then, from the drop-down menu bar, click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool and tap on the Add Folder.
- Now, browse and add QuickBooks folder from the Drive C and minimize this tab.
- In the end, click on Scan. It will scan the QuickBooks company file.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If any other folder is listed there, please see for it and delete it.
Step 9: Restore QuickBooks Company files on the main system
- Firstly, open QuickBooks software (in a Multi-user environment) on the main system.
- Then, click on open and restore the existing QuickBooks company files.
- Now, select the QuickBooks Company file “Get Back to Business” and open file in the Multi-user environment.
- After that, verify if hosting is enabled and visit the company File. Then, click upon Utilities
- Finally, click on Stop Hosting on Main System. Your QuickBooks Company file is accessible on the main System.
Step 10: Open company file on other systems
In this step, you need to open your QuickBooks Company File on other systems. To perform this task, you must know the IP address of the main system.
Simply open QuickBooks on the main system and click the F2 key. Then, the Product details screen opens. From here, note down the IP Address and prefix // before the IP address. Note this IP address on a notepad to make copying more comfortable.
Step 11: Access Company files from other Computers
- First of all, you need to open QuickBooks software and click on Open or Restore an existing file.
- Then, simply select open a QB Company File and copy and paste the IP address with the backslash (\) in the file name.
- Now, make sure that you verify the radio button for Open File in the Multi-user environment.
- After that, open the folder that has been shared and verifies on the recently created QuickBooks-folder.
- Lastly, click on the
- QB Company files and open the file. Then, repeat the process of step 11 on all the systems running QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Error 6144 occurs when you have wrongly configured your sytem setting. You have made any type of irregularities in the Windows registry. You may face this error at the time of opening the company file and this same file is accessing by the other application. You can solve this error by changing your account type and by creating a new folder for more information to move to the above paragraphs.