- January 21, 2020
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks error 557 is one of the QuickBooks payroll errors because it occurs at that time when you are trying to update your QuickBooks payroll and this error can occur when you upgrading to the new version of the QuickBooks. The reason behind this error code is wrong configuration setting occurs QB payroll error 557.
Symptoms of QB error code 557
- The first symptom of this error code is, you will get a QuickBooks error 557 on your screen at the time of upgrading the QuickBooks payroll.
- The second thing about this error code your System becomes very slow and your I/O devices will respond very slow.
- You may face the problem of crashing your open tab.
- There are many possible chances of freezing your pc for a little period of time.
- Where this error code infected you QuickBooks software the sometime your computer will understand the wrong command.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 557
- QB error 557 occurs when your QuickBooks configuration setting becomes wrong.
- This error code also occurs when your QuickBooks related files have been deleted.
- You may also face this error code when you don’t properly do the installation process of the software.
- If your computer system is affected by the Virus and Malware then you can face the QuickBooks error 557 on your screen.
- Sometimes this error code occurs when you didn’t properly shut down your computer system.
- This error code may occurs when you input something wrong or deleted some important files from the directory.
Important: You must have an activated subscription of the available QuickBooks payroll software.
QuickBooks Error 557 – Solution
- first, you just need to log in as an administrator into your computer system.
- Then tap on the Start>Allprogram>Accessories>System tools.
- Once you have reached to the System tools then go into the “System restore”.
- When you clicked on it then a new window will open, here you need to select the listed items according to your choice after that tap on “Successive” button.
- Now you need to tap on the list of “Restore point”.
- After that, you will get a confirmation window then tap on the “Successive” button.
- In a short period of time, your restoration process will begin.
- One it’s finished then you must have “Restart” your system.
- Log in as an administrator
- Click the “Start” button.
- Type “Cmd” and don’t hit the enter yet.
- Now hold the Ctrl + Shift key then hit the “Enter” key.
- You will get a message window pop you need to select “Yes”.
- Then a black screen with the white cursor will open.
- Here you need to write “Regedit” and then press the “Enter” key from your keyboard.
- Then a list will open here you have to select the Error 557 related key.
- Then you need to go into the “File menu” and then choose the “Export” button.
- and save this where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key.
- Then you need to go into the “Export range box” and choose the “Select branch” and then “save” it.
- This will automatically save with .reg file extension.
- Now you have all the record of the backup of all the QuickBooks related “Written record” copy.
QuickBooks error 557 is an update time error because it occurs at the time of payroll. This error code may occur at the time of updating or downloading the payroll of your company. This error code mostly occurs due to the wrong configuration of the QuickBooks payroll settings. You can solve this QB error code 557 by following the above-given solutions.