QuickBooks Error 4 takes place when something went wrong with .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 7. Usually, you get this error while opening QuickBooks Integration Manager or QuickBooks. When you do this, a message prompts on your screen specifying “Integration Manager couldn’t connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open”. This error applies to Windows XP, Vista, 8, and 7.
Alternatively, when this error enters your system a message shows on your screen: QuickBooks Event Id 4 that says “An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
- An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020”: WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE
- An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020”: WPR: validation failed
- An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020”: WPR: SetNameDriverAndPort call failed
- An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020”: WPR: OpenPrinter call failed
There are multiple reasons due to which error prompts while operating the program. From here you will know completely about it (causes, symptoms as well as error fixing solutions).
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Event ID 4
The main cause of QB error 4 is due to damages inside .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 in the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. Some other causes that can promote QuickBooks event log error 4 are listed below:-
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file
- Due to a malicious attack of malware or virus
- Incomplete or partial installation of QuickBooks software
- Windows registry corrupted due to complicated errors
- QuickBooks related files deleted mistakenly or deleted by another software program runs in the background
Symptoms of QuickBooks QuickBooks Event ID/Log 4
If QuickBooks error 4 has occurred, your QuickBooks software will respond in the same way discussed below:
- Error message with an error code 4 prompts on your screen
- QuickBooks gets crashed again and again while running the same program
- QuickBooks software freezes frequently
- Your System Windows crashes repeatedly
- QuickBooks software or Windows both work very slowly
- Your system is unable to respond perfectly to mouse and keyboard inputs
How To Fix QuickBooks Event Id 4
You need to perform these below-listed troubleshooting steps, to fix this error:-
- First, log in with Administrator level permissions then press Windows + R key together
- Type Control in the Run Box and enter OK(Control Panel will open to you)
- Go to the Programs and Features section or either Add/Remove Programs Window tab, then type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and hit Enter (program and features window will be opened directly).
- Browse and navigate to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 inside the installed program list then highlight the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to Uninstall it
- Once the uninstallation finishes, Restart your computer
- Ready to open the Control Panel and then go to the Program and Features section then click on Add or Remove programs window for viewing it
- Windows feature window will appear, now expand the.NET Framework in the Windows Feature screen to appear Microsoft .NET 3.5
- First first two option then hit Enter
- NET Framework 3.5 gets installed properly on your system
- After the .NET Framework 3.5 installation process has finished, click the Finish key.
- It’s time to restart your computer to save all the changes made
If the QuickBooks Error Code 4 remains the same, you can follow these below-listed steps:-
- First, update your QuickBooks software to the latest release version. During login, if software crashes, then attempt to install the latest update from Intuit Official site
- Now download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool by reaching the Intuit website
- It’s time to Run the tool but before this, close the programs you have opened and then restart your system.
- Then, examine if the QB error 4 still happens.
- If QB error 4 remains the same, then you need to reinstall QuickBooks software using a clean install. Ensure that you have installation CD and license no. to reinstall QuickBooks software before uninstalling it. Don’t forget to back up your QuickBooks company file before starting the uninstallation process.
Suggested Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404
The Final Note
To conclude, QuickBooks error 4 is a major issue faced by most users of QuickBooks. This error is mostly coming when your .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 is not installed or something went wrong with .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 7. Some other causes also prompt this error that we already discussed in this article. For solving the given error you must have to follow the above-given steps.
Hope you would like to read our article but if the error still has not gone after implementing all the solutions then find a QuickBooks Proadvisor through the helpline number and get other quick troubleshooting solutions.