- July 11, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you facing QuickBooks error 4? Do you want to know how to fix this error? Are you in confusion about why this error occurs and about its effects? If your answer is “YES” then, you are in the best place.
Here, we are going to share complete information about this error such as its what exactly is this error, its causes, symptoms and how to resolve this error some easy solutions.
So, you have to just follow this article and you will be able to resolve QuickBooks error 4 yourself.
Let’s start at…
QuickBooks error 4 appears when there is some problem with .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 7. As we all know QuickBooks is very secure, stable and highly effective accounting software and is abundant of handy features that enable its users to do different types of accounting and bookkeeping tasks fast and easily.
But as you know that there is no software available which is free from viruses and errors, so same is the case with QuickBooks software. From time to time, you may encounter different types of errors with QuickBooks, one of which is QB error 4.
Basic Details of QuickBooks Error 4
Error Number: Error 4
Error Name: QuickBooks Error 4
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Error Des: QB software has found an issue and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 8, and 7
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 4?
The main cause of QB Error 4 is the appearing of a problem with .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 in the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. Some other causes that can start QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 are listed below:-
- Some type of error has happened in Windows registry.
- Due to a corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- Because of the damaged QuickBooks company file.
- If a virus, bugs or some other malware has affected your system.
- When the QuickBooks Installation process is incomplete.
- Due to some other program has deleted one or more QuickBooks files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 4
If QuickBooks error 4 has occurred, a QuickBooks software user receives the below-listed symptoms:-
- QuickBooks accounting software gets crashed again and again.
- QuickBooks software freezes frequently.
- Your System Windows crashes repeatedly.
- QuickBooks software or Windows both work very slowly.
- When this error occurs an error message, having the code: QB error 4, displayed on your system screen.
- Your system does not respond to your commands like mouse and keyword inputs.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 4
You need to perform these below-listed troubleshooting steps, to fix this error:-
- First of all, you have to Login into your system with an administrator account.
- Then, open Run by pressing Windows and R keys together.
- In the Run box that opens, here type Control.
- Now, tap on OK and Control Panel will open.
- After that, you need to open the features and Program window or Add/Remove programs window. You can also direct open the Program and Features window or Add/Remove programs window by simply type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and click the Enter button.
- Now find Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0., In the installed programs list.
- Then, you need to highlight Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- Now, select to uninstall.
- After Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 has got properly uninstalled, then simply restart your computer.
- After that, you need to again open Run by holding Windows and R keys together.
- Now, type control in the Run box that opens.
- Tap on OK and then Control Panel will open.
- After that, you need to open the Program and Features window and Add or Remove programs window.
- Then, see for Add or Remove Windows Features on the left side of the screen.
- Now, simply tap on Add Remove Windows Features to see the Windows Feature screen.
- In this step, you need to expand .NET Framework in the Windows Feature screen so that Microsoft .NET 3.5 is apparent easily.
- Now, set the checkmarks toward both the 1st and 2nd choices.
- Then, simply tap on the OK key so that .NET Framework 3.5 gets install properly on your system.
- After .NET Framework 3.5 installation process has done, click the Finish key.
- In the end, you have to restart your computer.
If the QuickBooks Error Code 4 is still not fixed, you can follow these below-listed steps:-
- In the first step, you need to update QuickBooks software to the latest release. If in a situation, QuickBooks crashes when you attempt to log in, you can easily download the latest updates from the official site of Intuit’s QuickBooks.
- Then, simply download properly QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Intuit website.
- Now, Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. Before executing or close any opened programs.
- After that, just restart your system.
- Then, examine if the QuickBooks Error 4 still happens.
- If QB Error 4 is still not fixed, then you need to reinstall QuickBooks software using clean install. Ensure that you have installation CD and license no. to reinstall QuickBooks software before uninstalling it. Don’t forget to back up your QuickBooks company file before start the uninstallation process.
QuickBooks error 4 is a major issue faced by most users of QuickBooks. This error is mostly coming when your .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 is not installed. Some other causes also occur in the same error code. For solving the given error you must have to follow the above-given steps.