- June 11, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you facing QuickBooks error 3371? Do you want to know how to fix this error? If yes, then you are in the right place, because after reading this blog you will be able to solve QB error 3371 easily.
Here, we are going to share a step-by-step guide to fix this error, but you have to perform these steps very carefully.
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software. It’s managing on the top of the other accounting software by its top three characteristics, which are:- security, reliability, and accuracy. When users activate or reconfigure the desktop first time then QuickBooks Error 3371 pop up on the screen.
But there is no proof that with these features accounting software will work properly. Most of the software displays this type of error for different reasons.
Here we are going to discuss what is the cause of getting this error and how to fix it.
So let’s start…
What Is QuickBooks error 3371?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 occurs when the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ECML gets destroyed, which carries the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop software. The error message tells: “Could not initialize license properties.” This message pops up in a dialog box and when you tap OK, another pop-up box comes up.
The file destroyed occurs because of the incorrect shut down your system while your QuickBooks software if open for some reason.
Since QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties every time whenever you try to open your QuickBooks and the “Error 3371 Status Code 11118” pops up on the screen.
In order to fix this error, there are some system requirements that need to be fulfilled. Let us proceed further before performing troubleshooting steps to error 3371.
Some Important Points to Consider Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 3371
- First of all, it is necessary to make sure that you have updated your Windows to the latest release version.
- But if you still face QuickBooks Error 3371 then you might have damaged the Windows operating system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
QuickBooks Error 3371 could also be an outcome of many problems such as something related to other components of your QuickBooks software or Operating system as given below:
- That can be an extra destroyed component as the onscreen note additionally says too QB Error 3371 cannot load the license details. This may cause missing or corrupt files. QuickBooks tries to read damage QBregistration.dat each time you start it.
- Set the destroyed MSXML component which links to Windows Operating System and which is needed to execute QuickBooks Desktop Software properly.
- Some system protection programs for e.g. anti-virus program blocks QuickBooks Desktop too that stops the sync with the necessary Windows components needed by QuickBooks.
- Incomplete or Failed Windows Updates can keep the components of your windows outdated and not as required by QuickBooks. Outdated windows can create extra issues for your QuickBooks Desktop too.
- “Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop software.
- When the “QuickBooks has stopped working” An error has caused QuickBooks to stop working accurately. Windows will stop the program and give the notification to you if a solution is available.
- Problems with emailing, printing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop software.
- When you miss the connection to the QuickBooks data file.
- QuickBooks Desktop performance problems.
- Due to QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- And during the installing and repairing process of QuickBooks, users may come across the following errors: QuickBooks Error 1903, QuickBooks Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 1722, and QuickBooks Error 1904.
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118
Solution 1: Delete Ecml File
- Firstly, you have to press key Windows + R at the same time from your keyboard.
- Then, enter this path C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the window.
- Now, Windows Explorer will start with the above address.
- After that, delete the ECML file. And, close the window.
- Lastly, you need to execute QuickBooks and Register the item once more.’
Solution 2: Update your Windows Operating System
- First of all, you need to tap on the Start key.
- Next, choose All Programs and then tap on Window Update.
- After this step, tap on the check for updates.
- Finally, you to reinstall and update the QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 3: Install Latest Windows Update
- First of all, you have to install the latest updates for Windows.
- After that, choose All Programs and then tap on Windows Update.
Solution 4: Renaming The Entitlement File
For Windows XP Users
- Firstly, tap on the Start key and select Execute.
- Now, enter this path to search Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- Then, tap Ok.
- Now, you can rename the Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows 7 Users
- First of all, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client*
- And then, the user has to rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you start QuickBooks, it will generate a new file for you.
- If the program data folder is not visible, follow the below-mentioned steps properly:-
- First, of all, tap on Computer, and choose to Organize then select Folder and Search Options.
- Now, tap on Hidden Folders and Files.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks to check whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved or not.
In this article, we discuss the detailed information of QuickBooks error 3371, its reasons, causes. As well as, we also discuss the solution to resolve the QB error 3371. We hope that you like this article and which knowledge we are sharing with you is also useful for you.If you have any suggestions, so feel free to share with us and you can leave a comment in the below section. For more information, you can read our other article.