QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 prompts when there is any damage inside the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml containing license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. Error 3371 status code 11118 in QuickBooks specifying QuickBooks could not load the license data, QuickBooks could not initialize license properties, or QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone. All these errors prompts will show up when attempting to open and activate QuickBooks Desktop.
QB error 3371 status code 1118 has been encountered while reconfiguring the desktop or setting up the company file for the very first time. You will get into this error when any QuickBooks company file is missing or corrupted. Below we have discussed some points that need to know while triggering error 3371 in QuickBooks.
Points to Remember:
Before following the solutions to fix Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] you need to be satisfied with the conditions listed down:
- Make sure that you have updated your Windows to the latest release version. If not, it interrupts your QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- If you still face QuickBooks error 3371 then you might have any damage inside the Windows operating system.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 176109
Signs of QuickBooks Error 3371
From here you will know signs will help you in identifying the behavior of the error issue. When QuickBooks error 3371 enters your system might see one of these kinds of error messages on your screen describing QuickBooks Could not load the license data due to missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118]
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]
- A problem encountered by QuickBooks in the startup
- The same message repeated appear on the screen
- The pop up appears with the error name
Note: Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with Webconnect users: Might you face this error issue if you open the file without saving it. It is your responsibility to save your file before you attempt to import the .QBO file.
If the problems discussed here are similar to your problems then we recommend following our respective solutions. If you have an issue, that “drive has been corrupted and crashed. So I decided to change it”, at that moment you will get one of these errors messages:
- Error 3371 Status Code-11118
- QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 Windows 7
- QuickBooks could not load the license properties
- Error 3371 status code 11118 QB Enterprise
Note: License error is very frustrating and tiresome. To get it resolved by following other troubleshooting steps, note down the nature of your error and then type it inside the web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support.register.html. A dialogue box will open to you, just hit the ok button that will start showing you a QuickBooks Fatal error on your screen in the form of a message.
This message describes “A problem detected by QuickBooks during startup due to an invalid software license. Uninstall your existing QuickBooks software then insert a QuickBooks CD on your computer to install QuickBooks once again. Still, you face the same issue then contact Technical Support to fix your issue by technicians.” You will never move further once the process is completed properly.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 101
Reasons Behind Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 will occur due to damaged or missing components. Below we have listed some causes to take a look at it. Another reason due to this error, it occurs during the cloning process(copying of data from one drive to another hard drive)
- Due to missing or damaged files such as QBregistration.dat and MSXML components
- Antivirus protection blocks synchronizing important Window components required to run QuickBooks Desktop
- Due to Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks license information might be corrupted or damaged
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Read our solutions to fix QB Error 3371 status code 1118 manually. It is up to you to pick any solution to fix your issue. Keep implementing all the solutions until your issue gets resolved. Try to follow it in a sequence.
Solution 1: Run the 3371 Error Fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub helps in fixing some common errors. We were advised to work with QuickBooks Tool hub on Windows 10, 64 bit.
- Close and exit your QuickBooks software
- Now download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub i.e. (18.104.22.168). Find a location to save your file somewhere you can identify easily. You can either choose the Downloads folder to save your file.
Note: If you previously added the QuickBooks tool hub on your Windows desktop then check out which version you have. To know about it:
1. Choose the Home tab
2. On the top right you will see your version, if not then click on the About to know your version by viewing it
- Now open the downloaded file(QuickBooks ToolHub.exe)
- Go through the on-screen prompts by agreeing to the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation Terms and Conditions
- Once the installation is processed successfully, click twice on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Windows Desktop to open it
Note: If you are unable to find the icon on your screen then manually search for QuickBooks Tool Hub in Window then choose the program.
Step 2: Run the 3371 Error Fix from the Tool Hub
- Choose the Installation issues inside the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Choose 3371 Error fix and then click on the OK option
- After that, start your QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file
Solution 2: Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
You need to perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop. If the error still has not been resolved then you need to contact Windows. Might there is no problem with your software, the issue or damage is only with your Windows Operating System.
Solution 3: Installing Latest Windows Updates
- Install the Latest Windows Updates(if any)
- Click on All Programs >> Windows Update option
- Now complete all the updates and ready to install QB software
Solution 4: Update Windows Operating System
Your issue is unresolved if you’re working with an outdated release of Windows OS or new updates are not properly installed. Follow the manual steps to do it now:
- Choose the Windows icon Start Button
- Click on All Programs >> Windows Update
- Now click on Check for updates
- Once you are successfully updated, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again
Solution 5: Deletion of ecml File
- From your keyboard, Press Windows + R key
- Now a window will open, Enter this path (copy and paste) here: C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the window
- You will directly reach the Window Explorer at the following location
- To delete this entitlement file, do a right-click and hit Delete. Quit the window now
- After proceeding with these steps, Run QuickBooks and Register the product one more time
Suggested Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1935
The Bottom Line
We have put the detailed information in this article will help you to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118: couldn’t load the license Data or couldn’t initialize license properties. But if the queries are still not sorted then the option left is to contact our professionals through the helpline number to get alternate solutions for the same query.