How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 213 (Duplicate List of Items Or Entries)
QuickBooks error 213 occurs whilst running the QuickBooks verify data utility. When QuickBooks recognizes a duplicate list of elements inside the QBWin.log file then error 213 in QuickBooks prompts. You’ll get the same error while running, installing, during startup and shutdown of Windows, or while monitoring the entries.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
When QuickBooks finds any duplicate entries a specific error code 213 immediately prompts. There are several types of the list available in the QBWin.log file to manage your QuickBooks data in an effective way. Let’s see what kind of list is available inside the QBWin.log file – Customer list, Vendors list, Class list, Employees list and Names list, etc. When any duplicate entries are found in any of the lists, the QuickBooks error 213 error message starts appearing on your computer screen.
The same error message prompts again when importing transactions. To solve the issue, it is up to you to manually edit the list by eliminating the duplicate entries. In this article, we will explain every step of how you can solve this error and what are the reasons behind this error. Have a look at it:
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 213
- Your list (customer list, vendors list, class list, employees list, and names list) carrying duplicate items inside it
- Damages into any of your list item
- More than one file carrying the same name
- Malicious or malware attacks promoting error code 213
Step by Step Procedure To Fix QuickBooks Error 213
Important: You must have to take the backup of your company file before following any solutions. We recommend you to take a backup in external storage which prevents you from losing your valuable data.
Solution 1: Manually remove the duplicate entries
Step 1:- Open your QBWin.log file in the QuickBooks
- First, you need to run your QuickBooks application and when you get entered into the QuickBooks then press the F2 key from the keyboard then a Product Information Window will appear on your computer screen.
- Now you have to hit the F3 key from your keyboard then the “Tech Help” window will open then you have to find the QBWin.log.
- After that, you have to follow this path C:\Users \USER NAME \AppData \Local \Intuit\QuickBooks \log \XXX\ folder to find QBWin.log file.
- At the last, hit your mouse left click twice on the QBWin.log file to open.
Step 2:- Manually find the Duplicate Entries inside the QBWin.log file
- Reach out the bottom of your log file otherwise, you can press the Ctrl + End key together to reach the bottom of the log file.
- Now you have to open the find window by pressing the Ctrl + F key from the computer then enter the Duplicate entry after that it will highlight all your duplicate entries.
- Put the right key of your mouse on the double entries then rename this log file with a different name to continue this method until you do not get any double entry inside the list.
- After that, you need to run The Verify Data Utility to check if there is any duplicity left or not, then again open your QuickBooks list now you will not get QuickBooks error 213.
Solution 2: Resorting the list
- The first you need to do is sort your all the given list inside the re-sorting list.
- For appropriate instructions see the Re-sort QuickBooks list.
- Now you can close the QuickBooks application properly and then reopen the QuickBooks application inside your computer.
- To write the damage date/information you have to run the “Verify Data/Rebuild” process.
Solution 3: Execute the LicFix_21319 file
- Open your computer system and login as an Administrator.
- Now you have to download the Patch File and then open the downloaded file.
- Extract When you get a pop message “Do you want to open or save this file?”.
- Space will be deciding on the basis of your Operating system.
- After that, you need to double click on the LicFix_21319.exe file and extract this file also.
- When you have successfully executed all the files then the Command Prompt will be automatically closed.
Solution 4:- Examine for RegEdit.exe file
- Put your cursor on the Start button and then hit the enter and select “RegEdit”.
- Then you need to follow this path inside the RegEdit. HKEY>CURRENT>USERSoftware>MicrosoftWindows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>UserShellFolders.
- After that, replace your local profile path with the original value.
- Put the cursor on the “Ok” button and then restart your computer system in this way you can solve QuickBooks error 213.
Solution 5: Reinstall the QuickBooks
If you are not able to resolve the QuickBooks error 213 then try this method make sure you have tried all the above solutions.
- First, you need to Reinstall the QuickBooks application when you reinstall the QuickBooks then everything will be deleted inside the QuickBooks.
- Now you have to start with the new Framework after that you will not face this error but use this method at the end.
When QuickBooks finds any duplicate entries in your QBWin.log file then QuickBooks gives a notification to you with the help of an error code number. For solving this error you need to manually rename the duplicate entries for doing this you need to go to the QBWin.log and then press Ctrl + F from the keyboard then duplicate entries will be highlighted then rename it after that you will not face the QuickBooks error 213.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 108
The Bottom Line
Hope you’re now able to resolve your issue by following our above-listed solutions. In case your queries still sustain, we advise contacting our QuickBooks ProAdvisor to get alternative solutions for the same query. QuickBooks users can avail of our services from any location by dialing our toll-free number from their device.