Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904: Code 1904 Module Failed To Register While Installing QB
QuickBooks error 1904 occurs while installing QuickBooks for the first time, or you’re switching to QuickBooks Pro version to QuickBooks Premier. This error issue also prompts when the system becomes unstable and required system files start missing. This issue happens again and again repeatedly until your computer maintenance is not done properly. To avoid the additional damages, you require to troubleshoot the issue as early as possible.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
QuickBooks error 1904 shows exactly this format [Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register]. When you get into this error you’ll see an error message on your screen stating “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (X86)\QuickBooks 2018\ICWrapper.dll” failed to register”.
Error 1904 in QuickBooks is recognized as an outcome of a corrupted or damaged company file or component and due to the incorrect file location. During the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop QB error 1904 mostly happens. The expected elements do not Synchronize when you upgrade the operating system of the computer where you face QuickBooks Error code 1904. Ideally, the system requires a reboot after completion of any type of upgrade such as if you will upgrade your operating system.
QuickBooks Installation Errors
- QB installation error 1602
- QuickBooks installation error 1326
- QB installation error 1402
- QuickBooks installation error exe adapter error
Don’t worry, if you are willing to stay the path, you can easily resolve all QuickBooks Installation Errors by yourself. But you have to apply these below mentioned simple steps on how to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 and the rest of the related QB Installation Error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1904
QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs because of the single or multiple reasons mentioned below:-
- Fever maintenance of the system that has QB Error 1904.
- Due to Damaged, missing or corrupted components.
- No or old updates on a system and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Issues with installation source.
- Due to hard drive read-write faults and permissions.
- Installation of a new Windows operating system.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks installer file.
- Any Windows security software is suspending the QuickBooks installation process.
When you encounter QB error code 1904, the Error messages on your screen will be:
“QuickBooks Error Code 1904:  failed to register when installing QuickBooks”
“QB Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register”
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904?
To fix this error simply follow the below-listed solutions:-
Common Solutions to Fix QB Error Code 1904
- Download a fresh QuickBooks Installation source for resolving QuickBooks Installation Errors.
- Now, update Windows and restart your system.
- After that, download and run QuickBooks repair utility.
- Lastly, adjust your Windows operating system.
Manual Solutions to Fix QB Error Code 1904
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, rename all the QuickBooks and Intuit folders manually.
- After that, clean Install QuickBooks.
- Execute QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool followed by QuickBooks fresh install.
Additional Alternatives to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904
- Install Hibernate Antivirus or the Security software immediately before performing the solutions to resolve QB Error code 1904.
- You need some small adjustments in your internet bandwidth to download the installation source correctly and precise installation of the updates to stop occurring QB error code 1904.
- In the Multi-user environment shared updates option always must be unchecked for the easy resolution of QB Error Code 1904.
Must consider Below-listed Factors To Troubleshoot QB Error Code 1904
- You have to update Windows on all the systems in which QuickBooks software is running in a multi-user mode.
- Always update QuickBooks on servers and workstations if you have QuickBooks Multi-user mode.
- You need to refresh your internet and LAN connectivity on your system.
- Always operate QuickBooks software in Administrator mode.
- In addition to QuickBooks database manager, you should also have QuickBooks exe.
Some Exception Cases for QuickBooks Error 1904
Bitdefender For Security
If you are using any third-party software for security purposes such as Bitdefender. Then you need to add a common files folder of programs from the local drive to the third-party software Bitdefender exclusion list. And if you switch off Bitdefender during the installation process of QuickBooks desktop, then it will not be able help to fix this error.
If QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs during the installation process of Adobe Flash Player
- Repair QuickBooks software by executing QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Now, uninstall Adobe Flash Player
To uninstall Adobe Flash Player follow the below-listed steps:-
- Go to the control panel
- Then, find Adobe flash player
- In the end, Right-click and tap on the uninstall
If QB Error Code 1904 refers to QBversiontool.dll
At this time you need to simply download and execute QuickBooks install diagnostic tools to repair all installation errors and then restart your system.
The Final Note
QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs at that time when your system gets unstable and critical system files start missing. You can solve this error code by implementing the above-listed solutions. If the solutions will not work on your system then contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the toll-free number.