- June 27, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you facing QuickBooks error 1904? Do you want to know how to fix it? Are you tensed about your QuickBooks software due to QB error 1904? If your answer is “YES”, then there is good news for you.
Here, we are going to share complete information about QB error 1904 such as its causes, symptoms and best solutions to fix this error as early as possible.
So, just come with us and forget about any error of QuickBooks.
Let’s take a closer look…
If you don’t keep your system properly, the computer becomes unstable and some files start damaging. The QB error code 1904 gets in charged and it should be managed as easily as possible to protect files and systems from further damage.
QuickBooks Error 1904 is recognized as an outcome of a corrupted or damaged company file or component and due to the incorrect file location. During the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop QB error 1904 mostly happens. The expected elements do not Synchronize when you upgrade the operating system of the computer where you face QuickBooks Error code 1904. Ideally, the system requires a reboot after completion of any type of upgrade such as if you will upgrade your operating system.
QuickBooks error 1904 show exactly in this format [Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register]. QuickBooks Error Code 1904 combine with QuickBooks Error Code 1402 and QuickBooks Error Code 1935 in various circumstances. For the foregoing reasons, you can most likely see the QuickBooks installation error. It looks strange but it is true, let’s go ahead and take a look.
QuickBooks Installation Errors
- QB installation error 1602
- QuickBooks installation error 1326
- QB installation error 1402
- QuickBooks installation error exe adapter error
Don’t worry, if you are willing to stay the path, you can easily resolve all QuickBooks Installation Errors by yourself. But you have to apply these below mentioned simple steps on how to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 and the rest of the related QB Installation Error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1904
QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs because of the single or multiple reasons mentioned below:-
- Fever maintenance of the system that has QB Error 1904.
- Due to Damaged, missing or corrupted components.
- No or old updates on a system and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Issues with installation source.
- Due to hard drive read-write faults and permissions.
- Installation of a new Windows operating system.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks installer file.
- Any Windows security software is suspending the QuickBooks installation process.
When you encounter QB error code 1904, the Error messages on your screen will be:
“QuickBooks Error Code 1904:  failed to register when installing QuickBooks”
“QB Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register”
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904?
To fix this error simply follow the below-listed solutions:-
Common Solutions to Fix QB Error Code 1904
- First of all, you need to download a fresh QuickBooks Installation source for resolving QuickBooks Installation Errors.
- Now, update Windows and restart your system.
- After that, download and run QuickBooks repair utility.
- Lastly, adjust your Windows operating system.
Manual Solutions to Fix QB Error Code 1904
- First of all, you need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, rename all the QuickBooks and Intuit folders manually.
- After that, clean Install QuickBooks.
- In the end, execute QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool followed by QuickBooks fresh install.
Additional Alternatives to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904
- To fix this issue you need to install Hibernate Antivirus or the Security software’s immediately before performing the solutions to resolve QB Error code 1904.
- You need to some small adjustments in your internet bandwidth to download the installation source correctly and precise installation of the updates to stop occurring QB error code 1904.
- In the Multi-user environment shared updates option always must be unchecked for the easy resolution of QB Error Code 1904.
Must consider Below-listed Factors To Troubleshoot QB Error Code 1904
- You have to updates Windows on all the systems in which QuickBooks software is running in a multi-user mode.
- Always update QuickBooks on servers and workstations if you have QuickBooks Multi-user mode.
- You need to refresh your internet and LAN connectivity on your system.
- Always operate QuickBooks software in Administrator mode.
- In addition to QuickBooks database manager, you should also have QuickBooks exe.
Some Exception Cases for QuickBooks Error 1904
Bitdefender For Security
If you are using any third-party software for security purposes such as Bitdefender. Then you need to add a common files folder of programs from the local drive to the third-party software Bitdefender exclusion list. And if you will switch off Bitdefender during the installation process of QuickBooks desktop, then it will not able help to fix this error.
If QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs during the installation process of Adobe Flash Player
- First of all, you need to Repair QuickBooks software by executing QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Now, uninstall Adobe Flash Player
To uninstall Adobe Flash Player follow the below-listed steps:-
- Firstly, you have to go to the control panel
- Then, find Adobe flash player
- In the end, Right-click and tap on the uninstall
If QB error code 1904 refers to QBversiontool.dll
At this time you need to simply download and execute QuickBooks install diagnostic tools to repair all installation errors and then restart your system.
QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs at that time when your system gets unstable and critical system files to start missing. You can solve this error code by implementing the above error codes.