QuickBooks Error 1603 Applying Patch Update Issue (Solved)
1603 error code appears in QuickBooks during the time of installing or opening of QuickBooks Desktop. This is a kind of QuickBooks Desktop installation error, which appears on your screen with different error messages. In this tutorial, you can get different ways to fix the QuickBooks error 1603 easily. Common, and let’s read the article to troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible.
The error does not appear because of a particular reason, so it shows error messages in different ways. You can take a look to the below for the messages.
- Error Status 1603: Represents, that the update installer has found an internal error.
- Error Status 1603: Means, not able to implement the patch.
- MSI returned 1603: When it occurs fatal error during the installation process.
- Install Error 1603: There was an issue while installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version]
This was the variation of 1603 error message, which can appears in the below operating system.
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- MS Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows ME
- MS Windows 7
- MS Windows XP
What are the symptoms for QuickBooks Error 1603
There is a list of QuickBooks error 1603 symptoms:-
- The Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer is not installed
- Not using the current version of the QuickBooks software
- There are specific ‘permissions’ that are hindering the installation
- There is a ‘Locked file.’
- The ‘Windows temp folders’ are full.
- A corrupted or damaged QuickBooks software
- A corrupted Microsoft Windows Installer
Why QuickBooks Error 1603 Occurs
- If there is a ‘Malware or Virus’ threat that has corrupted or damaged the ‘Desktop Windows files’ or the QuickBooks program files.
- An incomplete installation process or a damaged QuickBooks software download can also be the reason for this error.
- A damaged or corrupted desktop windows registry from any recent QuickBooks software change can be the reason.
- If any other program maliciously or falsely deleted the ‘QuickBooks software related files.
- The windows registry does not have a correct entry.
- If the computer shutdown is there due to ‘Power failure.’
Note: The QuickBooks Error 1603 often appears during the Run-time. It is necessary to troubleshooting all problems to prevent any re-occurring errors.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
Method 1: Repair Issues using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can help you to automatically diagnose and resolve the QuickBooks update error 1603 problems related to Microsoft.Net Framework, C++ & MSXML components.
To use this tool you have to follow these below-listed steps:-
- First of all, you need to download Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Then, install and execute the application
- This process can take 20-25 min. to finish the repair
- Now, restart your system
Methods 2: Repairing issues Manually
At times the of Install Diagnostic Tool does not fix every issue. So, we would be needed to fix these components manually.
You have to ensure that you can consult a QuickBooks expert if you are not completely sure about the troubleshooting steps.
You’ll be needed to follow the below-listed steps in the order they have been mentioned to get a perfect solution to the errors:-
Step 1: Download and Install Windows Updates
For Windows 10, 8.1 or 8
- First of all, click on the Windows Icon
- Then, go to Settings
- Now, go to Update and Security
- In the end, click on Check for Updates
For Windows 7
- Firstly, the user needs to tap on the Start Button
- Then, simply go to Control Panel
- After that, click on System and Security
- Now, Press on Windows Updates
- Lastly, click on Check for Updates
Step 2: Restart the Windows Installer Service
- First of all, you have to go to the Control Panel
- Then, tap on the System and Security
- Now, simply go to Administrative Tools
- After that, double click on Services
- Now, check for Windows Installer Service
- In the end, tap on the Restart Service
Step 3: Repair Microsoft.Net Framework
- Firstly, you need to go to the Control Panel
- Then, simply tap on the Uninstall a Program
- Now, tap on the Windows Features
- After that, you have to check the .Net Framework 3.5.1 and 4.5 choices if you don’t already check
- But if you already checked, then uncheck the options
- Now you need to restart your system
- Then, check the .Net Framework 3.5.1 and 4.5 options once more time
- In the end, restart your system again
Step 4: Reinstall Microsoft C++ & MSXML
- Simply, go to Control Panel
- Then, tap on the Uninstall a Program
- Now, from the list uninstall all Microsoft MSXML and C++ components
- After that, restart your system
- Finally, download and install the components once more from Microsoft site
QuickBooks error 1603 occurs when you try to updating and installing the QuickBooks Desktop. When your computer system does not have Microsoft .NET 1.1 SP1 installer is not installed then it causes QB Error 1603. You can solve this error by installing the .Net framework into your computer system. If the issue still persists then you have to manually repair this issue.