- August 16, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Are you looking for the solutions for QuickBooks error 15311? Do you want to know why this error code occurs and also want to know about its symptoms? If yes, then you have to just read this article because…
In this article, we are going to share complete information about this error code such as causes, symptoms, and solutions also.
Let’s discuss more QuickBooks error 15311…
QuickBooks is one of the best financial management and accounting software that is popular among business owners, accountants, and freelance individuals. But, at the same time, the software is responsive to errors as there is no other authoritative software.
QuickBooks Error Code 15311 is directly linked to the incorrect digital signature or weak network connection. But, the error is most obvious with QuickBooks users who update the QuickBooks error 15311 produce on the side payroll program as well and normally when updating tax forms and tables.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 15311?
Here is a list of reasons that can lead to QuickBooks error 15311 are listed below:-
- This error code occurs due to, Windows registry entries related to QuickBooks may be corrupted or damaged.
- Because of attacks from viruses and malware to QuickBooks software.
- Interruption during the downloading the update.
- QuickBooks files might be deleted or damaged by mistake.
- Due to corrupted or damaged files from the downloaded QuickBooks documents.
- If the QuickBooks installation process is not completed properly.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 15215: Learn How To Fix
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 15311
Symptoms of QB error code 15311 are listed below:-
- Due to this error, your computer will be hung for some time.
- When this error arises in the QuickBooks all the active program window crashes it.
- When working with the same program, your device will be crashed.
- QuickBooks error 15311 displayed on your screen.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 15311
Solution 1: Installing a digital signature certificate
Do windows search for QBW32.exe; it is located in this pathway: C:\Program File\Intuit\quickbooks.
- First of all, you have to right-tap on QBW32.exe.
- Then, choose Properties.
- Now, simply tap on the Digital Signature tab and check that the Intuit, Inc. is chosen in the selection list.
- After that, tap on Details.
- Choose view certificate, in the Detail window.
- Then, tap on the install Certificate in the certificate window.
- Tap on Next till Finish button is shown.
- Now, tap on Finish in order to end.
- After that, you have to restart your system.
- In the end, open QuickBooks software and download the update one more time.
Solution 2: Check the internet connection and QuickBooks settings.
In order to fix this error, you need to check the internet explorer setting
- Firstly, create the internet explorer the default settings.
- Then, check your system’s time and date.
- Now, Tap twice on the time display.
- In the Date and Time window, check the current date and time.
- After that, perform needed modification if required.
- Lastly, you have to verify the cipher.
If the cipher strength is below from the 128 bites then the internet explorer is damaged.
- You need to navigate to the official website of Intuit (i.e. http://www.intuit.com).
- Then, press Alt and a Menu bar will show.
- Now go to Files, then tap on properties.
- First of all, you need to look for the number before Bites Encryption, Under connection.
- Then, update the settings.
- Now, navigate to Tools and then Internet option.
- In the meantime, tap on delete, in the General Tab. choose temporary internet files and tap on Delete.
- After that, choose the LAN (local area network) Setting on the Connections Tab.
- Now, on the Advanced tab scroll down to verify SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked. If marked, clear the box next to look for a publisher’s certificate.
- In the end, on the same Advance tab scrolls down to check if TLS 1.2 is not marked. If marked, you have to uncheck the same.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, you need to check that QuickBooks subscription is active.
- Then, reset the QuickBooks Desktop update.
- Now, check that the Payroll service key is correct.
- After that, navigate to Employees and tap on My Payroll Service.
- And then, you have to tap on the Manage Service Key.
- Simply tap on Edit and verify that the key is accurate.
- Now, tap on Next and then Finish.
- In the final step, you need to restart your computer system.
QuickBooks Error 15311 is occurring at the time of downloading your finance transactions or when you refresh the QuickBooks it shows the QB error 15311. The reason behind this error is your QuickBooks isn’t successfully updated and not able to connect to the QuickBooks payroll. At that time you need to install the digital signature certificate to ged rid of this error for more information read the above-given solutions.