QuickBooks error 15271 experiences when updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update. Intuit introduces its payroll updates for enhancing new features and services of QuickBooks payroll, but sometimes users start facing issues while downloading these updates. When you get into this error, an error message shows on the screen while updating or installing a program saying “Payroll update didn’t complete successfully”.
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
You’ll get the same error messages while working on QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Payroll/Desktop.
QuickBooks error 15271 normally appears while attempting to update the software or tables of payroll. There are 2 messages conducted by this error are given below:-
- A document can’t be justified because of the incomplete payroll update process.
- A record can’t be approved because of incomplete payroll updates.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15271
There are several causes of occurs QuickBooks error 15271 some are listed below:-
- This error happens due to a network connectivity problem.
- Because of the incomplete installation process of QuickBooks or a corrupted or damaged software file.
- A recent modification in QuickBooks software causing a ‘corrupted windows registry.’
- Due to a corrupted Windows file system or corrupted/damaged program files because of a virus or malware threat.
- The error occurs due to some storage problems
- If another program deletes the QuickBooks file by mistake.
- If there is a ‘User Access problem’ available
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 15271
- “QuickBooks Error Code 15271” shows and can crash all the active program window.
- When this error occurs your system repeatedly crashes with Error 15271 when running the same program.
- QB error code 15271 will show up on your computer screen.
- During this error, windows run in an inactive way and respond very slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your system systematically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These QuickBooks error code 15271 messages can show during the program installation process, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program (eg. QuickBooks Pro) is running, while Windows startup or shut off, or even during the installation process of the Windows operating system. Keeping an eye on where and when your 15271 error occurred, is an important part of the information in troubleshooting.
Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
SolutionsTo Fix QuickBooks Error 15271
Solution 1: Turning off User Account Control (UAC) in your computer
For Windows 7, 8, and 10:
- First of all, you have to go to the Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 7 then simply select Start and then go to Control Panel.
- In case if you are using Windows 8 or 10, you have to type Control Panel in the Start menu bar and then tap on the Control Panel.
- Now, type UAC in the search box.
- Then, tap on “Change user account settings”.
- After that, move the slider to never give notification in order to turn off UAC.
- Then, simply tap OK. Now, enter the password or give confirmation if the admin password or confirmation is needed. In order to create changes perform restarting of your system.
- In the end, move the slider to when you want to be notified in order to turn on UAC and tap on OK.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Service
- Firstly, tap on Help.
- To Update QuickBooks software – select Update QuickBooks > Update Now > mark the box next to Reset Update >Get Updates.
- Then, close and reopen when the “update process complete” message shows on your system.
- If you will receive the update message then you need to install the update then tap on Install Now.
- Lastly, restart your system.
Solution 3: Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks under the selective startup mode
- First of all, you need to press the “windows icon key+ R” together to open the run application.
- Now, type “msconfig” -> OK.
- Then, tap on Particular Startup under the common tab in the main menu bar, and after this choose Load System Services.
- After that, simply go to the services then hide all Microsoft services > Disable all tab then uncheck hide all the services of Microsoft.
- In this step, to make sure that the windows installer is marked as checked you need to review the service list.
- If not then simply mark it check and tap OK.
- Now, tap on Restart Tab in the System Configuration settings.
- In the end, do uninstall > install > reinstall function of QuickBooks once the computer is booted.
Some Other Alternative Solutions
- You need to resolve the registry entries which are connected with this error.
- To fix this error, run a full malware or virus scan on your system.
- You should clean all the computer junk files or trash that are already on your system.
- Always get your system device drivers updated.
- You have to update your windows to the latest version to solve this error.
The Bottom Line
QuickBooks error 15271 is one of the payroll error which comes when you try to download the payroll updates, and a document can’t be justified because of incomplete payroll updates. You can solve this error by turning off User Account Control (UAC) on your computer. To get more help for the same issue, just hire our QuickBooks ProAdvisor and start getting instant troubleshooting solutions.