How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1334 For Installing, Updating, Or Repairing QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks error code 1334 comes with several error messages specifying “Error 1334. Error writing to file [file name]. Verify that you have access to that directory” or “Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.” Error code 1334 in QuickBooks takes place during the corrupted/missing installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Furthermore, during the opening of company files, downloading the latest updates, or repairing directories or folders, you usually face this error.
This article will help you in the context of troubleshooting QuickBooks error 1334, how you can recognize it, and how error 1334 in QB can easily be rectified. Let’s start it:
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1334
You must be aware of the reasons behind the occurrence of this error so that you can easily rectify it. These are:
- Deficient or inappropriate installation or updates of the QuickBooks application
- Viruses, bugs, or Malware infection.
- Some programs or necessary files with regards to QuickBooks might be deleted mistakenly
- Damaged/corrupted registry files or QB related files
- The incomplete or corrupted download of updates or the QB software itself
- Installation of QuickBooks Desktop from defective source files
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1334
- Windows runs sluggishly and slower responds to input commands such as mouse or keyboard input
- All the active program window will be crashed suddenly
- A message with the code 1334 is displayed on the screen
- Your PC goes frozen repeatedly
- Your computer frequently crashes with error code 1334 while running the same program.
- Unable to do any operation such as installation, updating the QuickBooks
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 1334
You can eliminate QuickBooks error 1334 by following the three cases defined below. Start by following case 1 of solution 1. If the first solution didn’t work then move onwards.
Solution 1: Fixing Error Code 1334 While Installing, Updating, or Repairing QuickBooks
Case 1: What to do when error code 1334 arrives during installing or opening the QuickBooks
- Browse and navigate to your QuickBooks company file, don’t forget to check that your file has extension .qbw
- Click twice on the file name [company file name] ends with extension .qbw
Case 2: What to do when error code 1334 arrives during updating or repairing QuickBooks
Reinstallation of QuickBooks must be done with the use of a clean install. Before starting to perform a clean installation, reset or clearing up all the cookies first that have already been created. Uninstall or Reinstall QuickBooks enables users to eliminate the corrupted company files from the PC. When you uninstall QuickBooks and then reinstall, there is a high probability that the error is corrected and your software works faster than before.
To download or install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, do the following steps:
- Download the QuickBooks_clean_install_tool.exe file on your PC
- Save the File on your Desktop so that you can easily find it
- Extract the file by following the exe and then give permissions to the application by accepting the license agreement
- Later on, choose the QuickBooks version you’re currently working with and then click on Continue
- Hit the Ok button after you see the message that says QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install it to the default directory and then start scanning the problems.
- Next, renaming all the folders in such a way: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year; C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks(year); C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year); 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year);
- Install QuickBooks Desktop with a fresh start and check out the status of the error code 1334 still sustains or not
Case 3: What to do when error code 1334 arrives during the installation of QuickBooks
In this scenario, you have to repair and reinstall Microsoft.NET Framework.
Solution 2: A Clean Installation of Microsoft Windows
- Reinstallation of Microsoft Windows removes all the data you have previously stored in your PC’s hard drive and facilities you to start again from the scratch
- Clean installation of Microsoft Windows enables users to eliminate the junk or deleting the unnecessary log files to free up some space in the memory or to faster the normal usage of their PC
Solution 3: Manual Advanced Solution to get rid of error 1334
- Start your PC and then login with administrative level credentials
- Later on, click on Accessories and Programs then System Tools
- Next, click on Restore
- Choose Restore my PC with an initial date
- In the new window, hit the Next button
- Find a restoration point and later on hit the Next button unless you’ll get the latest system restore date in the verification window screen
- Once you’re done with repairing successfully, click on Restart to restart the PC
You would like to read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15102
The Endmost Note
To conclude, QuickBooks error 1334 arrives in the session of updating, installing, and repairing of QuickBooks programs. But by following the above-listed solutions you can easily fix this problem. However, if somehow the problem continues, don’t irritate, our expert technicians would like to help you at any duration. Stay tuned with our straightforward QuickBooks ProAdvisor by dropping a call on our toll-free number.