Do you want to know how to set up QuickBooks email service on QuickBooks desktop? Have you ever think about what are the benefits of QuickBooks email service? Then, there is no need to get tensed because we are always ready to help you.
Even, Now we are going to sharing a guide in which you get solutions of the above-mentioned questions, and after reading this guide you will be able to set up email service in QuickBooks without any problem.
Let’s take a closer look…
As we all know that the emails are one of the most essential parts of a business that help you to interact with the clients, supplier, and vendors. But it can be a difficult process if you are using email independently. QuickBooks software permits you to integrate your emailing service with it’s a desktop version with the help of outlook or webmail client, and even you can easily use the secured webmail service to send emails with more security.
You can easily use the email services within the QuickBooks software and this blog will help you to do so.
Before starting the setup process you have to know about its benefits so, let’s go ahead…
Benefits of QuickBooks Emailing
- Ease of immediately emailing Invoices estimates to your customers.
- You can easily send Payment Reminders to your clients through emails.
- The data are automatically fetched from the clients and vendors.
- You can easily import data from spreadsheets and attach more attachments up to 2 MB’s.
- QuickBooks email service can also be utilized for sharing reports within offices or departments.
Requirements to Setup email in QuickBooks
- You have an email address from any of the service providers.
- An email username and password.
- Incoming and Outgoing email settings (modifies as per the email service provider)
- Complete information on the server type.
Operating System Requirements
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2011, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10. and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Word and Excel for making letters and reports
- QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook
- 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution
- Minimum 2.4 GHz of processor speed
- Minimum 4 GB of RAM
- 5 GB of free disk space
- A 4X DVD-ROM drive for QuickBooks Installation
Methods to Setup QuickBooks Email Service on QuickBooks Desktop
There are many methods to set up email service in QuickBooks Desktop despite the QuickBooks version that you are using. You can easily use any of the existing emails that you use for your business interaction or you can use a new one. Approximately every email service is support for emailing from QuickBooks.
The most common are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks Email Service
- Web Email (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc.)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Others (AOL, AT&T, Verizon, etc.)
Methode 1: How to Setup Email service in QuickBooks?
- First of all, you need to choose QuickBooks Email Settings while setting up the email service in QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks Email option can only be used by the users having any of the active Intuit services such as QuickBooks Enterprise Full Service Plan, QuickBooks Payroll, IMS ( Intuit Merchant Services ), QuickBooks Billing Solutions and Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (You can follow the onscreen setup expert instructions)
- Lastly, you have to fill in the needed fields asking an email address, username, password, and the applicable incoming. And outgoing email settings and server information and you have done for email.
QuickBooks software doesn’t store a duplicate copy of the emails that you send. It suggested entering any of your email addresses for tracking objectives.
Method 2: Setup “QuickBooks Email service via Outlook”
Your outlook profile can easily integrate with QuickBooks Desktop in order to send Invoices, Estimates, Reports to your vendors, supplier, and customers and they go as a PDF attachment with the email. You can easily set it up following simple steps below.
- First of all, configure the Outlook with your email address that you want to use for emailing from QuickBooks software is it is not.
- Now, start your QuickBooks software and open the Edit menu from the menu bar on the top.
- Then, choose choices and then simply send Forms.
- After that, go to My Preferences and then, choose the Outlook Radio out of the three choices that you will see and tap
- In the end, close the Preferences window and try to email yourself to QuickBooks for testing purposes.
Method 3: Setup “QuickBooks Emailing via Webmail”
If you need to email the hosting service from Gmail or Yahoo or you have a mail account with them. You can also connect it to sending emails from QuickBooks software with easy steps. Which are relatively the same but a little bit different in terms of SMTP Server, SSL Security, and Port Configuration that may vary as per the email service providers?
- First, you have to open the Edit menu and choose
- Now, choose to Send Forms from the left pane.
- After that, choose My Preferences Tab and choose the Webmail Radio out of the choices that you will see on the screen.
- Now, enroll the email address that you want to use for QuickBooks Email service select the
- Make sure that the SSL Security checkbox should be chosen as details from your service provider.
- You need to set the right SMTP Server and Port Configuration and then tap on OK and try to send the email to yourself and verify if you receive it fine.
So, these are the steps to set up QuickBooks email service. This feature is one of the best features of QuickBooks software. You should use this email service.
Hope you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends or if you have any suggestion you can tell us in the comment section below!!!