Customize Profit & Loss Reports in QuickBooks Custom Reports
Regularly we create, modify, send reports to our clients, and save some of them for our business need in QuickBooks. We use QuickBooks custom reports for all these things. It makes easy to customize any kind of reports in QuickBooks including the profit and loss report. Today, we are going to discuss, more about this custom report in QuickBooks. If you are new to QuickBooks, and not have enough idea regarding this then, this is the right time, and place to know the complete information about the QB custom reports.
What is QuickBooks Custom Reports
QuickBooks online custom reports are a very important part of QuickBooks now we can say that the reports are the backbone of the accounting software and the QuickBooks desktop permits the look and content of any company report that you have to need to generate the reports.
you can easily customize the data and also delete and add a column and remove details from the header or footer and even also personalized the font style of the reports in the reports available the multiple columns and filters different for each report and group of reports because each draws details from the company report is definitely different. any company report and targets are particularly significant when you filtering the company files.
Necessary Fields to Fill Out in the Custom Report
Save Customized Reports: You have to save the customized reports into QuickBooks online by just click and save customization button which is an upper right corner on the report you can easily customize the reports to show a dropdown menu.
Your Report Name: Into the customized report name you can type the Report name into the dropdown menu. And add New Report in Existing Customized Report Group: Firstly you have to go the option add this report into a group the dropdown and select the name of the report group.
How to Create a New Report Group in QB Custom Report
Here are several points that are clearly defined for how to create the reports the QuickBooks user can read all the points and get knowledge on how to make the new reports the points is following are:
- Firstly click to the adjacent and add a new group link to add a new group name in the dropdown menu.
- In the new report group, you type the name then click on the adjacent Add button.
- If you shared this post with the other users used to share with a dropdown to select either All or none.
- When it is completed then click to save button in the dropdown menu to save the customized report.
- Now you have to find to save the customized report and click Reports in the navigation bar.
- After then you click on my custom report link on the page and that opens to the rights.
- Now you will see your report by saving the customized reports that appear in a list on this page.
- Your report saved into the report group appear indented below the name of the report group in this same list.
- Now you go to the group and expand or collapse the listing of reports within the group and click on the arrow that next to the report group name.
- Then click its name within the list and run if these reports.
How to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Online
Now we can explain the multiple steps to modify the reports in QuickBooks online that are following as:
- You go to the QuickBooks Dashboard.
- Then, you run the QuickBooks Reports.
- Go to the Report Window and click on the customize report option.
- At last, you have to go to the modified report window and then go to the tab that you need to update and select to OK if you finished the above steps.
Display the Tab:
You can determine the display tab and details that will be displayed on the company report there are so multiple-element that you can modify which can vary and depend on the report that you run.
Reports Data Range:
Firstly you can choose the date that your report will cover. Choose the date into the dropdown and then select the available date range or you can manually choose the date by you choosing the calendar icon in the form and field. If you can type a date but leave the date blank, you get the data as of the to date.
You can choose either accrual and cash radio buttons for choosing the report basis.
Now we explain some point of accrual basis that is:
- A bookkeeping technique in which you can regard the income and expenses as occurring at the time you deliver a product or render service and receive a purchase.
- In accrual accounting that the time when you type a transaction and the time when you actually pay or receive cash, maybe two separate events.
- Accrual-Basis reports show the income regardless of whether your buyer has to pay your bills and expenses regardless of whether you have to pay all your bills.
- A related to cash report express income as well as expenses only if you have received the cash.
- If you have not received the cash or amount for the bills and amount-related reports does not add the income.
You can see the QuickBooks reports like balance sheet and QuickBooks profit and loss reports only that have to displayed columns by dropdown where you can pick that how you like the column to appears at the top.
Open the company invoice report and unpaid bills type reports, on the other hand, we provide a list that you can use for columns. If you create the custom field and were added to your template and have information and they will also appear in the column list, when to select the column click into the data that ones you select to have a verify the mark.
You have to choose the available and advanced option to vary depending on the report. For the report like transaction details, sales by customers, Vendor balance details and so on that the choice your.
Steps to Change Font Style and Size in Report:
Now, you can change the font easily the steps are following as:
- Firstly you go to the change font for the column then choose the area you want to modify.
- Then click on the change font.
- You go to the column level window and change the font, font style, font color.
- Then click to OK.
- At last, you will see changing the font on the Window and then click to yes to apply the changes you made to all labels.
In the above, we have given all the details to customize a report, and to create a new report group with the QuickBooks custom reports. Hope, you like it. and now you have the idea that how to use the custom report. Still, if you are seeking help then you can connect with a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to run the custom report properly.