- October 12, 2019
- Posted by: editor
- Category: QuickBooks
In QuickBooks, Creates and Paying the Child Support Garnishment are the most important issues. we explain the two basic style of Payroll garnishments that gives support to payment orders and government taxes levies. The support payment in QuickBooks can be a post-tax deduction from the worker paycheck. One important thing for employee special liability accounts on your charts of accounts in the child support. It is the best thing to have employer special deduction items in your payroll item list.
In our blog, we can explain the steps for setting up the payroll garnishments in the employee records and how we set up a good payment schedule.
Now comes to some specification of child support payments:
Specification of Child Support Garnishment:
Some details of this Garnishments is following are:
- It deducts the tax amount from the employer bank checks.
- An individual person can possess multiple child support deduction.
- The payroll item list can be included in the deduction complete of a specific employee.
- Not important to Include the liability accounts of each employee into your charts of accountants.
Now we explain the steps of how to set up your child support garnishments:
Steps of Setup Child Support Garnishment
- Firstly search the List menu and click on the Payroll Item.
- Now click on the New.
- You have to choose the EZ setup and Customers Setup according to Your Needs.
- Then click on the Next step.
- After that, you select the Deduction option and then click on Next.
- Assign your name into the payroll deduction like child support payments Smith for Employee Bob Smith and then click on the next step.
- Then enter your name of the agency for the liability required to be paid. If you are unaware of the agency name, then add later.
- Click on the next step.
- Now you will see a Tax Tracking Type dropdown and click on this.
- Select the None option and click on the next step.
- Now display the default tax window on your screen then click on the next.
- You make sure to choose the Net to calculate amount after that taxes from the Gross vs Net window.
- Now it will be calculated the deduction makes before taxes.
- When you select the gross then enter a default Rate and Limit.
- Add your percentage or decimal sign accordingly.
- After that, you click on Finish button
In our blog clearly, define all the steps to makes the garnishment. Using these several steps you can easily set up your support garnishment
Setup Child Support Garnishment in Employee Record:
Now we explain the steps of setup child support in the Employee records that are the following as:
- Click on the Employees dropdown menu.
- Next, you choose the Employees center.
- Now, you required to double click on the Employee name.
- Click on the Payroll Information.
- Now you will see the blank area into the item name and then click on it and Select the garnishments items.
- Click on the additions, Deductions and Company Contributions.
- Now you need to enter the deducted amount in the amount field.
In below list, we explain the set up the liability payment scheduled you also read this setup steps below:
Setup Liability Payment Schedule:
The steps of setting up a liability payment schedule are following as:
- Firstly you click on the Employee option.
- Now, you click on Payroll taxes and Liabilities.
- Edit the Payment Dues and Methods.
- Once time you set up the Payroll window is displayed on the screen and click on review your scheduled tax payment list.
- After complete this Click to continue button.
- Now displayed a message add or delete the scheduled payment for the benefit and another payment then click on continue.
- You will see the child support or another wage payroll garnishment window.
- Click on the Edit option.
- Now open the new window you require to select the payment frequency.
- At last step shutdown the payroll setup window and click on the finish button.
Contact to QuickBooks Support At Auditxpert:
Now, you can create the child support garnishment in QuickBooks getting more help and support related to payroll, you get in touch with our technical expert’s team and dial QuickBooks support number. Auditxpert provides the best information related to QuickBooks you can also read our all blogs.