Setup, Add, & Pay QuickBooks Child Support Garnishment
QuickBooks child support garnishment is one of the most important things for payroll management in QuickBooks. Some of the users neglected this section because they have no enough information about this. Here in this tutorial, we will discuss the child support garnishment in QuickBooks, and why it important for payroll management.
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
What are the Specifications of Child Support Garnishment in QuickBooks
Some details of this Garnishments is following are:
- It deducts the tax amount from the employer’s bank checks.
- An individual person can possess multiple child support deductions.
- The payroll item list can be included in the deduction complete of a specific employee.
- Not important to Include the liability accounts of each employee into your charts of accountants.
Now, let’s know, how to set up it:
How to Set Up Child Support in QuickBooks
Set up the child support garnishment in QuickBooks carefully, by following the below procedure.
- Firstly search the List menu and click on the Payroll Item.
- Now click on the New.
- You have to choose the EZ setup and Customers Setup according to Your Needs.
- Then click on the Next step.
- After that, you select the Deduction option and then click on Next.
- Assign your name into the payroll deduction like child support payments Smith for Employee Bob Smith and then click on the next step.
- Then enter your name of the agency for the liability required to be paid. If you are unaware of the agency name, then add it later.
- Click on the next step.
- Now you will see a Tax Tracking Type dropdown and click on this.
- Select the None option and click on the next step.
- Now display the default tax window on your screen then click on the next.
- You make sure to choose the Net to calculate the amount after that taxes from the Gross vs Net window.
- Now it will be calculated the deduction makes before taxes.
- When you select the gross then enter a default Rate and Limit.
- Add your percentage or decimal sign accordingly.
- After that, you click on Finish button
In this article, we have clearly defined all the steps to makes the garnishment. Using these several steps you can easily set up your support garnishment
How to Pay Employee Garnishment in QuickBooks
Follow the procedure to pay employee prior payroll or the employee garnishment in QuickBooks.
- Click on the Employees dropdown menu.
- Next, you choose the Employees center.
- Now, you required to double click on the Employee name.
- Click on the Payroll Information.
- Now you will see the blank area into the item name and then click on it and Select the garnishments items.
- Click on the additions, Deductions and Company Contributions.
- Now you need to enter the deducted amount in the amount field.
In below list, we explain the set up the liability payment scheduled you also read this setup steps below:
Steps to Setup the Schedule Liability Payment :
Here is the procedure to set up the scheduled liability payment in QuickBooks. Go through this procedure, and complete the scheduled payment liability.
- Firstly you click on the Employee option.
- Now, you click on Payroll taxes and Liabilities.
- Edit the Payment Dues and Methods.
- Once time you set up the Payroll window is displayed on the screen and click on review your scheduled tax payment list.
- After complete this Click to continue button.
- Now displayed a message add or delete the scheduled payment for the benefit and another payment then click on continue.
- You will see the child support or another wage payroll garnishment window.
- Click on the Edit option.
- Now open the new window you require to select the payment frequency.
- At last step shutdown the payroll setup window and click on the finish button.
In the above article, we have discussed the setup process of QuickBooks child support garnishment. Hope you like it, and this blog is informative for you. Still, if there is any issue to create and pay child garnishment then you can take advice and solutions from an expert of QuickBooks or from your business accountant.