How to Fix Bank Feeds Setup Error OLSU-1011 in QuickBooks (When Setting Bank Feeds Account)
Bank Feeds Setup Error OLSU-1011 appears when you try to set up an account for bank feeds and it is usually known as an unexpected error OLSU-1011. You also may get this error while updating an account in QuickBooks Desktop. This error comes inside the banking errors that happen due to issues with bank transactions. The error message shown on your computer screen is represented as: “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: [OLSU-1011] If the problem persists, call QuickBooks Support and provide the error message number above.”
Save Time & Effort
Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number.+1-844-476-5438
Read to know a couple of troubleshooting steps and solutions that overcome your error issue on OLSU-1011. But before getting started you must be aware of its possible causes to get it resolved easily. Start your journey from here…
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 176109
Possible Causes of Bank Feeds Setup Error OLSU-1011
Multiple reasons affected QuickBooks to perform their functions properly and to cause OLSU- 1011. Few of the reasons are based on the user’s financial institution and the others are on their company files. From here you will know all the reasons behind this error. This error issue may happen when:
- The Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated or refreshed to include information for your financial institution(including your money related organization information)
- Something went wrong and any corrupts harms your company file
- You switch to Register or Classic Mode rather than having Side-by-Side or Express mode
Solutions to Fix Bank Feeds Setup Error OLSU-1011 in QuickBooks
Intuit offers more than one solution for your same query so that your query will definitely get troubleshot. There may be high possibilities that the first solution works well on your issue or may need to try all the solutions to get the best possible results. To get it now, just follow all the steps or solutions in the same sequence placed here.
Solution 1: Identify the default accounts for your personal and company preferences
- To begin, log into the company file with Administrative level permissions and then switch to single-user mode
- Reach the Edit menu, go to Preferences and click on the Checking
- Choose the My Preferences tab and then click on the default accounts for all four options.
- You need to click on the Company Preferences tab and choose the default accounts for the two options: Create Paychecks and Pay Payroll Liabilities
- Hit the OK option
- Now you have to try to set up the account one more time for online banking
Solution 2: Update your Financial Institution Directory
You have to update your Financial Institutions Directory (FiDir) either automatically or manually in QuickBooks Desktop. This is the time to make sure that you are having the latest information from your financial institution.
Note: You need to update both your directories or lists as per your version of QuickBooks.
Before you start troubleshooting, you must do the following:
- Create a backup of your Company file
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release version
- Ensure that the version of QuickBooks you are working with are supported by Intuit
- Reach to the Banking and then click on the Bank Feeds then Bank Feeds Center
- Now you have to click on the reload or refresh icon present at the upper right corner or select Sync all for this bank from the drop-down list menu
- Visit fidir.txt file on Windows 10, 8, and 7
- Product: Enterprise
- File Location: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Product: Pro/Premier
- File Location: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Search for the fidir.txt file, once you have found right-click on it, then click on the Rename option
- Do changes at the end of the file name(.txt to .old) then click on the outside the field to save the name changes you have done
- Now choose your QuickBooks version on which you are working(2020, 2019, 2018). To get the latest file, right-click on the version link of QuickBooks then click on Save Target as or Save Link as
- From the save as window, just click on the Desktop then Save
- From the Desktop, you have to right-click on the fidir.txt file then hit the Copy option
- Right-click on the Start button then click on the My Computer(or Computer) it is up to you
- Now open the filist folder by following the path declaring in step 1 depending on your product
- Use right-click anywhere in the folder, just to Paste the file you have copied
- Close QuickBooks and then relaunch it after a few seconds
Solution 3: Switches to Express Mode
There are three bank modes that are currently available in QuickBooks but for this error, you have to switch to Express mode to display and handle your banking transactions in your bank feeds in a separate way.
Note: You can make changes between the modes as often as you required to get troubleshoot your error issues and problems
Steps to switches to Express Mode
Before starting to switch the modes, you have to ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest release version and you are currently using single-user mode.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, you have to click on the Preferences
- Now click on the Banking and then Company Preferences tab from the left pane
- In the Bank Feeds section, you have to click on the Express Mode
- Express Mode: It uses the transaction List Window to add or match the transactions. Renaming rules creates automatically.
- In the end, click on the OK option
Note: Alternatively, to resolve the other error issue just do the same process but choose either Advanced Mode or Classic Mode in place of Express Mode defined in the above-mentioned steps.
Solution 4: Check whether the issue present in more than one Company File
- From the File menu, click Utilities >> Verify Data
- When a message prompts to you specifying “QuickBooks Recognized no issues with your information” to might keep utilizing the corporate documents
- You are eligible to Rebuild Now or View Errors if you found anything wrong with your info.
- Hit the Close button
- If you are ready to explore the QBWin.log or QB.log document continue with the accompanying advances, else contact us, we are here to help you.
- Browsing QBWin.log file or QB.log files
If you have support assistance from a technical agent then click on the Send Log files to get the support from the picture. Your file will be sent to a repository that might change the support agent to see your log files.
- What to do for Windows: Press Ctrl + F together and search for “BEGIN VERIFY” and browse for the recent file
- What to do for Mac: Scroll down to the bottom for the foremost Recent Verify Information
- Find the line Containing the LVL_ERROR, and get ready to learn more about it by reaching to the QuickBooks Learn and Support page(an official page of Intuit) where you will know about additional errors or injuries or High LVL errors library.
Errors that occur inside the log files are a little bit the same, although square measure gives inside the same format. Follow the determined steps sequentially to resolve your issues.
Important: If the error still continues then we advised to check out other helpful troubleshooting steps by referring to another article based on OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors in QuickBooks Desktop. May all your queries instantly get resolved after visiting there.
Hope one of the above-mentioned solutions will definitely resolve your issue entirely. In case, you might get some drawbacks with your system compatibility and at that moment if you would like to get resolution from our professionals, contact them through the toll-free number and get quick and effective solutions from us.